A cheap multiregion Blu-ray player...

Which BD u have used so that u got motion blur bro.??? I have used it to play many BDs and I havent noticed any motion blur.. Me too not a videophile, may be thats the rason I havent found any artifact in video... :)

I played Kingkong BD,also some Demo clips,some VOB,MKVs.
Now with HTPC(MPCHC),one perhaps may not find any issue,but with 3200 some complains as mentioned earlier.I didnt notice any issue even with DVD files played with HTPC.
Today I turned on Yamaha 667 Video processing & yes there is improvement.
The blur reduced & picture was stable.I am not sure if burning in is also applicable to BDp.:)

Picture Quality-
Not the best.I find my HTPC is doing much better job.I can see some artifacts.I need to further adjust though.Lot of Picture settings available.

IMP Update-
Just now I changed FW to regionfree & the player is playing totally different.
Not to get scared,its real upgrade.How?-
I made it region free & did primary settings.I played same clips from USB & to my great surprise Picture Quality changed from Dull to Superb.Hard to believe.
All jaggies gone.I turned off Yamaha processing off,still looking great.Sharpness was constant unlike before.Moving object were very well perfect.
When I entered Brightness control,I found max level got chaged from 10 to 16.
So I can say than new Regfree FW is a boon for this player.honestly earlier I felt PQ similar to some cheap media player & now no issues.Same OR even a bit better than HTPC with some clips.Even upscaled DVDs look good.
Player also Bit streaming DTSMA audio to AVR perfectly via USB(which was not happening earlier).Only one clip with DDHD,showed as DD.Rest working fine.Some of the mkv with H264 not played(Hotel California DTS clip)

I can now vote this player confidently.FW was updated in 1 min only.
Hush...:)

IMP Update-
I made it region free & did primary settings.I played same clips from USB & to my great surprise Picture Quality changed from Dull to Superb.Hard to believe.
All jaggies gone.I turned off Yamaha processing off,still looking great.Sharpness was constant unlike before.Moving object were very well perfect.
So I can say than new Regfree FW is a boon for this player.honestly earlier I felt PQ similar to some cheap media player & now no issues.Same OR even a bit better than HTPC with some clips.Even upscaled DVDs look good.
Player also Bit streaming DTSMA audio to AVR perfectly via USB(which was not happening earlier).Only one clip with DDHD,showed as DD.Rest working fine.Some of the mkv with H264 not played(Hotel California DTS clip)

Thanks and glad to know that you got everything perfect with this BD player now.
I have the KE version and I'm running it without any problem since last 2 months. When I first read your issues, I doubted myself because I don't find any blur issue with pictures and audio too getting perfect including DTHDMA.

The only flaw is it can't play all the MKV files (probably which got some encoding problems).
By the way, what is your screen size (TV or Projector)?

The only flaw is it can't play all the MKV files (probably which got some encoding problems).
By the way, what is your screen size (TV or Projector)?

Same here,I am still using LCD 32 inch.Thats why I was worried.If you are getting DTSMA perfectly with KE then why not others?

Same here,I am still using LCD 32 inch.Thats why I was worried.If you are getting DTSMA perfectly with KE then why not others?

Well...What I can tell is...my el-cheapo Onkyo HT shows DTSHD-MA for all the BluRay discs I play with DTSHD-MA, using this BD player.
Can't do anything to verify it with some other AVRs.
Not sure, why can't others see it !

IMP Update-

Glad to see you to have got happy with your Bd player now :) ... so I guess I need to ask you the same questions again that i asked yesterday .. ( as your experience with your BD player has got better now )

Would you suggest to make some more expenditure on my HTPC to make it smaller by changing its cabinet i may even have to buy another Mobo too incase if the smallest possible ATX cabinet doesnt fit in my drawer so the damage will be between 1.5 - 5K ... or to buy the Toshiba BD player and connect my external 1 TB HDD with it?

Please do suggest what will be good thing to do in my case ...

Regards,
Naren

Glad to see you to have got happy with your Bd player now :) ... so I guess I need to ask you the same questions again that i asked yesterday .. ( as your experience with your BD player has got better now )

Would you suggest to make some more expenditure on my HTPC to make it smaller by changing its cabinet i may even have to buy another Mobo too incase if the smallest possible ATX cabinet doesnt fit in my drawer so the damage will be between 1.5 - 5K ... or to buy the Toshiba BD player and connect my external 1 TB HDD with it?

Please do suggest what will be good thing to do in my case ...

Regards,
Naren

HTPC can play more formats than Toshiba BDp.It cant play WMA,FLAC,some of MKVs.You can get MicroATX MB for around 3k(need to check)to reduce the size.Check if PCI-E is running in 16X mode only.Now you can get small cabinet which actually can be costly.Your Graphiccard is bulky I suppose unloke mine which is low profile.So cabinet can be issue.For DL movies,media player can be the other good option for you.

IMP Update-

I have seen similar results, i.e., better clarity, better sound, more features enabled after applying firmware update to my Panasonic BDP. The upscaled DVDs are looking at par with TataSky HD. BDs are perfect. Do not see any colour banding though I must again admit that I am not an expert or hardcore videophile; just a guy who enjoys stuff. :)

Compared to this I have my Sony BDP-S360 Region A/1. That is also a good BDP but I have a feeling that upscaling is better in the Panasonic. Must do a test sometime.

Hii,

I had an Oppo BDP-83 last year which was region modded.. Realising that such a good player doesnt find much application @ my home decided to sell it and I sold it through our forum.. From then I was searching desperately for a low cost multiregion player as I had region A, B and C disks..

The PQ and SQ were not much concern as I know i am going to buy a cheap player, my only concern was it to be region free.. Luckily I went through a topic in avforums.com. From that forum, I got the idea that Toshiba BDPs can be made region free by applying a region free firmware which is available freely..

So i decided to purchase Toshiba BDX3100 and went on the SYW route.. But as usual SYW was unable to ship the item within the stipulated time frame.. So i cancelled that order.. After that I used SNS to procure Toshiba BDX3200 from amazon.uk. The item reached me within 2weeks of order.. Its a cute little player with a blue LED illuminated blu-ray logo on the front.. Looks cool...

Connected it yesterday to my Panasonic Plasma.. Patched it with the region free firmware.. Played region A Avatar BD.. PQ exceeded my expectation, from my view its almost similar to oppo BDP-83 for blu-ray.. I havent checked its DVD upscaling capability though.. But SQ doesnt even come near to Oppo.. But thats expected, as we cannot compare both.. Checked different region disks and all worked like a charm..

Anyway I am totally satisfied with my purchase.. :) Total damage to the wallet was Rs. 8100/-.. Anyone looking for a cheaper BDP can buy this one with confidence..

Check this link for further info..

Blu-ray and DVD Player Multiregion Hacks | AVForums.com - UK Online

According to the link many Toshiba BDP models can be made region free by using the firmware...

In the thread title interpretation of cheap = inexpensive

Thanks and regards...
Thanks dear for this useful information
Regds.
Ashutosh

This is just the 3200 version - there used to be a separate listing for 3200KB which I am not able to see anymore.

This is just the 3200 version - there used to be a separate listing for 3200KB which I am not able to see anymore.

You can PM the seller.I did the same,he confirmed & then paid him.
Another FM has confirmed in his earlier post that KE model can play DTSMA.

Krishenduk, great thread you have started with loads of info chipped in by you and others especially about the difference the firmware update has made to Spiros player. Many people get scared to do a FW update thinking it might brick their equipment but after reading this i'm sure all fears can be put to rest atleast regarding this BDP.

Time to update your Signature Spiro :)

You can PM the seller.I did the same,he confirmed & then paid him.
Another FM has confirmed in his earlier post that KE model can play DTSMA.

I have the KE model got from amazon.de and it does not decode DTSHDMA and I believe it is the KB (UK model) which can decode.

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back