A cheap multiregion Blu-ray player...

I dont remember any Mumbai Meets which has not played Test CD made by Spiro. :lol: Now comparisions of 3 BDP's by Spiro. :eek: Guys be ready for a Spiro DVD/BD for Videos. :lol:

Thanks,I will make some cut scenes from original Blurays with HD audio for next meet.;)

Great things couldnt get better than this :)

It is a good option for those who were planning to buy a Media player. It more or less replaces it. How was the Audio SQ?

If only the HDD seek time was faster. Can any other owners share their experience with reference to the HDD's.

I havent checked the flac playing capability of the player. But very happy to hear that it can play flac...

I have played The Grey movie (BDrip-8GB size) from my Seagate goflex 2TB external HDD... The player detected the HDD in a jiffy and the movie is loaded within 2seconds..

I havent checked the flac playing capability of the player. But very happy to hear that it can play flac...

I have played The Grey movie (BDrip-8GB size) from my Seagate goflex 2TB external HDD... The player detected the HDD in a jiffy and the movie is loaded within 2seconds..

So is Seagate faster than WD?:rolleyes:

Bit stream output/input will sound better because the Yamaha will use its better processing n deciding abilities. As far as I can think...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Did anyone check the 3D playing capability of this player?? Heard that it can be used along with only an active 3D tv. Is it true??
Which player are we talking about? I am sorry, I am a bit lost in the thread, hence asking.

About 3D: BDPs are not active or passive. A 3D BDP can be connected to any 3D enabled TV and TV will display the content. The active 3D TV will display the content in active 3D mode and the passive in passive mode. Be very assured on that.

If Toshiba BDX3200,then yes,we compared it with Himedia and 3D playback,colors are much better than it.Image was stable.We played from its USB.

Yep.. About Toshiba BDX3200... From some other forum I read that its unable to play 3D when coupled with Passive 3D technology.. They are also telling that there is a problem playing Prometheus 3D BD... DOnt know its true... So asking opinions from our forum members....

Yep.. About Toshiba BDX3200... From some other forum I read that its unable to play 3D when coupled with Passive 3D technology.. They are also telling that there is a problem playing Prometheus 3D BD... DOnt know its true... So asking opinions from our forum members....
Absolutely wrong. I can assure you.

Its LG 47LW6500 ,so passive 3D.

I agree with Spiro. When played thru HiMedia the colouration didnt look quite as natural as compared to the Toshiba. It had a slightly higher red tint. I have been using the HiMedia since quite some time so maybe my eyes had got used to this slight coloration untill we compared it to the Toshiba. The toshiba felt slightly better than the Himedia and the colours more natural in comparision.

Also there were no issues with 3D playback as the LW6500 is Passive 3D. All 3D content fed to the Toshiba played back with no problems. There was absolutely no issues with even for large external HDD support.

Overall the Toshiba seems a value for money Multi Region 3D BDP.The only road block we faced was playback of certain MKV files on the Toshiba. While most MKV files played flawlessly there were certain files that couldnt be played at all. It may have to do with the manner in which these files may have been ripped so it would help if other owners could shed a bit more light into this aspect. Maybe Toshiba might come up with a firmware upgrade to sort out this issue.

It may have to do with the manner in which these files may have been ripped so it would help if other owners could shed a bit more light into this aspect. Maybe Toshiba might come up with a firmware upgrade to sort out this issue.

Thanks for reply.Now I have some .ogg video 5.1 files.I converted them with mkvmerge. most of them could be played by Toshiba,but one from' Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam' converted couldn't be played.Only audio started playing.I need to check if video resolution is the issue.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back