A+ Grade Achromatic Panel?

shredder

Hi people
As the topic title suggests, this is regarding the much touted "A+ Grade Achromatic Panel" used by VU in their latest range of LED TVs. Is it supposed to be a new variant of VA panels? I tried looking it up online but all hits direct me to VU website where they claim that it is "the best panel in the industry". :rolleyes:

On a related question, does 240 HZ on TVs allow you to watch movies in 24p?

Finally, does anyone have any experience with the Philips 40PFL5059/V7? It is supposed to have 240 HZ refresh rate. But Philips has nowhere mentioned the type of panel they are using - whether IPS or VA or "A+ Grade Achromatic Panel":D

Thanks in advance.

To revive an old thread. I had posted this sometime in December but got no response. Zilch! Nada!! Zero!!! :mad::lol::p
I am posting again due to the fact that many members seem to have jumped onto the VU bandwagon of late and are seemingly very satisfied with their respective purchases. Question: What exactly is the "A+ Grade Achromatic Panel" used by VU? I tried looking it up online but all hits direct me to VU website where they claim that it is "the best panel in the industry".:rolleyes: Can VU owners shed some light on this seemingly path-breaking panel technology used by VU?

As for the second query about the Philips 40PFL5059/V7, let me answer it since I gifted one to a relative. It is probably a VA panel judging by the inky blacks and the occasional slight ghosting.

OK letme try to explain what achromatic means...
Achromatic literally refers to "no color" During a LCD manufacturing, the base panel is made of a transparent material. But this might have its own color shade. When using this panel the colors are slightly off.. But if an optical non colored panel is used then the deviations in color would be minimal..
Producing a zero color panel is tough and not all passes quality check easily...if it us indeed a achromatic panel vu is having then you can expect better color transparency.

OK letme try to explain what achromatic means...
Achromatic literally refers to "no color" During a LCD manufacturing, the base panel is made of a transparent material. But this might have its own color shade. When using this panel the colors are slightly off.. But if an optical non colored panel is used then the deviations in color would be minimal..
Producing a zero color panel is tough and not all passes quality check easily...if it us indeed a achromatic panel vu is having then you can expect better color transparency.

So this achromatic panel could be used as a "base" for both VA and IPS panels? Or is it a different type of panel altogether??

On the net, there is not much information beside that their panels are manufactured in Japan and Korea while Plastic Casing is manufactured in China. TV's are made in Japan, Korea and China.

Devita Saraf (CEO of Vu Technologies and Executive Director of Zenith Computers): We are a full-fledged display company. We manufacture displays for both consumers and corporates and our specialty is that we are the only company in the country that offers A and A+ panels. Even our competition, companies such as Sony, Samsung etc, are offering B and B- panels in India. In fact, we only sell A or A+ grade panel so the quality of our products is much better compared to our competition. Further, we are the only company in the world which produces customised displays. We dont outsource work from one team to another. We interact directly with clients and innovate display products based on their needs, and Vu product development teams across the world work as one to deliver innovation, quality and value. A customer can order for a screen which has an in-build PC or a Mac, a Linux or an Android or any other kind of platform that he wishes for. Hence, people who buy our screens dont use it for just regular TV viewing, they also use it for a variety of purposes, from gaming to surfing the web.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back