A home theatre construction guide for dedicated theatre builds for the aspirants

Yelamanchili manohar

Below is a very detailed and supposedly excellent HT room build guide . Posting it for the FM's looking to build dedicated HT rooms.

Disclaimer : I didnt read it, as Iam holed up in a small flat and cant chase these HT dreams. So is pointless for me. But the above guide comes heavily recommended from a lot of folks who have followed it and built their own. Happy reading :)

Below is a very detailed and supposedly excellent HT room build guide . Posting it for the FM's looking to build dedicated HT rooms.

Disclaimer : I didnt read it, as Iam holed up in a small flat and cant chase these HT dreams. So is pointless for me. But the above guide comes heavily recommended from a lot of folks who have followed it and built their own. Happy reading :)
Thanks, Manohar!

do you have any documents/link from Dolby or THX for the same?

Hi :)

Sorry I dont have anything else. But if you can be more specific about what you are looking for, I can check :p
I have been seeing some comments on forum about Dolby and THX recommendations on various HT things. So thought of getting those guides from Dolby and THX to learn basic stuff but there are no such documents or information on their websites.

Just checking if you have any :)

I have been seeing some comments on forum about Dolby and THX recommendations on various HT things. So thought of getting those guides from Dolby and THX to learn basic stuff but there are no such documents or information on their websites.

Just checking if you have any :)
okay understood :)

Depending on where you look, there are tons of recommendations on where to place speakers etc...So best to use Google baba image search to see what fits best in one's room.

Built a 23x24 x 10ft room and regretting...
1. Chennai climate demands atleast 2x 2tons AC for that size and the electricity bills are....(could have bought a new setup every 3 years with that money)

2. Woofers to fill that size room is a very expensive deal and lost 3 subwoofers so for
Caz of continuous overdrive

3. Most of the commercial 5.0 package speakers and their tweeters will strain a lot

Ideal size should not be more thn 16x20 i guess...caz most of the optimal budget HT gears are designed for such sizes

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back