A moment of silence for 26/11

Hi all,
Firstly I think the above is a bit extreme to say the least!
I know this is not aimed at any particular individual (at least i hope not) but I still feel like a reply.
I have bought cell phones, colognes, shaving blades (yes that too), DVD players, Marantz CDPs from grey over the years. I have also got in components from abroad and the customs have not bothered to charge me any duty. I have also done the maximum I can to minimize my tax outflow. Does this mean I am any less patriotic than any of u? Does this mean I cannot feel as mutilated as any mumbaikar at what happened last year on this day?
Lets not stand on 'high moral ground' and accept realities of life.

I know the thread started by Ajinkya is more a call to remember this deadly attack on our society but some of the posts are a bit much.
Any way this is only my opinion and am sorry to disagree to some of the sentiments mentioned in here.
Rgds

Hi Dinayaar!

I dont know if I owe you all an apology, probably it was me who started about taxes, but I actually wanted to thakn the persons who started this thread and was surprised to see such a thread as I was criticised by a person and "I was asked to leave the country and settle somewhere else, when I suggested that it was not either say to get a huge-size plasma from US or good to evade tax, as he was at any rate getting a good bargain even after paying taxes.

My sincere apologies to each and everone, but I had no intention to create commotion or arguements.:sad:

Again, may the souls of those who lost their lives rest in peace!

Each soul lost is precious. Now we spent 31 crore to keep the terrorist alive,even we may let him free!! If he is hanged peoples sentiments will be hurt?? vote banks may be effected!!.We shall feed him some more tandoori chicken and keep him alive. Also there may be our own human rights activists for whom his life may be more precious than all those who were killed?? Keep a Saadvi behind bars for no reason no proof, Whole Mumbai Police were behind so called Hindu terrorists when this Let guys were planing for the attack. Whole top cops were bent upon proving the saadvi is a terrorist. Its the curse which fallen on this people and they perished. We may spend another 20 crore more on this senceless case but we won't pay for those soldiers those who died during the course of their duty. Yes its their duty to die for the fellow country men for the paltry salary they get???

Svenkatesh No need for any apologies really. All of us in mumbai truly hope & pray that this never happens again. Most of us here sadly accept that it is next to impossible to avoid such attacks even in the future for a whole load of factors.
Imagine the plight of the poor 35K odd police force supposedly there to protect this huge sea of humanity in Mbai.
I think what was most scary was that we cant and couldn't do a thing. Someone enters your home and ravages it and all we could do was watch the TV helplessly for all those days.
Anyway enough said for now.
Yes may all the souls rest in peace.
Rgds

The sluggish decision making process and absence of tactical gear and training ... resulted in huge amount of loss of lives .

I dont pray for such events not to happen in future . ..i know it does not help any more . The brave soldier concept is blurred and use of modern tech innovations is highly important.

Last years bombings are still a mystery .. our feel safe highest capable fighter Sukhoi is equipped with a mechanically scanned RADAR which is of WW2, while all modern fighters
have AESA RADAR ..that is capable of detecting air and ground targets at a very shift rate and launch compat precedure..

Letz hope things will change ...

Last edited:
Now we spent 31 crore to keep the terrorist alive,even we may let him free!! If he is hanged peoples sentiments will be hurt?? vote banks may be effected!!.We shall feed him some more tandoori chicken and keep him alive. Also there may be our own human rights activists for whom his life may be more precious than all those who were killed?? Keep a Saadvi behind bars for no reason no proof, Whole Mumbai Police were behind so called Hindu terrorists when this Let guys were planing for the attack. Whole top cops were bent upon proving the saadvi is a terrorist.

Please dont bring religion in to this, atleast not in this thread
Most of Indian electronics media has developed a fine art of money making/TRP gaining method to incite anger/frustation/hate in viewers for brief period of time then same media will talk of peace/harmony/unity. In this process all political parties join in to reap the benefits. System has become bad, may be will become worst. So stay together. :)

Last edited:
Most of Indian electronics media has developed a fine art of money making/TRP gaining method to incite anger/frustation/hate in viewers for brief period of time then same media will talk of peace/harmony/unity. In this process all political parties join in to reap the benefits. System has become bad, may be will become worst. So stay together. :)

Absolutely True. I am of the strong opinion that people who look up to the media for a daily dose of "information" today are not very different from the people who were under Hitler's or Stalin's spell. People believe they are well informed with a well sprinkled diet of progressive sounding ideas but they are really victims of a sustained mis-information and propaganda campaign. The clever part is the people who celebrate Noam Chomsky actually practice the same strategy and tactics of media control in South Asia.

Regards

Hi nothing wrong in calling a spade as a spade.and the fact is truth bites.

in the absence of having been a first hand witness to the events surrounding the saadvi, and the evidence surrounding it, as well as kasab and anyone else, whatever any of us might say is opinion/conjecture....and when it's an issue involving communal sensitivities, isn't it best we avoid airing out those opinions here?

I personally have things to say in response to some of the posts here, but let me make a start by refraining from doing that. Let this thread remain a tribute to those people who died in the senseless violence of that terrible episode, and not degenerate into a debate/fight/slanging match.

Hi nothing wrong in calling a spade as a spade.and the fact is truth bites.

:mad:People who buy grey goods and avoid govt duties and taxes , should not talk much about mourning the 26/11 brave soldiers and stop giving lectures about fighting terrorism.

Hi,

If you are against people avoiding taxes, then you should go and fight with the political(all)/government servents(most of them, may not be all)/big business mangets ........................ it is because of them common man is suffering. Gray market buyers may save on an average of max Rs. 1L towards taxes in their life time, but these people are making more than that on hourly basis, at the end of the day the salaried class suffers.

Anyways, last but not the least "HATS OFF TO ALL THOSE HEROES OF 26/11"

cheers

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back