A question for 42" PV8 user -

Hi All:

Thanks for all the positive responses :) As flared said, may be these showrooms didn't know how to get the best out of PV8, may be. All these shops were playing non-HDMI players using chepo cables:D, hmm...so that could be one of the reasons for dull DVD pictures. Anyway, in the future I might go for a Oppo dvd player with HDMI cables, so I think I need not worry on that part, goodness me, am reassuring myself after all your positive comments of PV8:eek:

Yeah, as my mate Psychotropic said, stunning Samusung 42' 410 model, I loved it to bits when I saw a demo of it. I had an LCD by the side all the time, and 410 beats the LCD model hands down:D. But, I could not see DVD PQ of the same coz they didn't have a DVD player at that time, hmmm. Thanks Pshychotropic for your invitation:)

@Pradski - Please have a demo of Samsung 42" 410 before buying that LCD, its cheap compared to the LCD model.:)

he he, but i am curious....why aren't you considering the 410? if you want to check it out with DVD, you can do that at my place, and I can assure you it will at least make you rethink the PV8 decision.

Hi All:

Yeah, as my mate Psychotropic said, stunning Samusung 42' 410 model, I loved it to bits when I saw a demo of it. I had an LCD by the side all the time, and 410 beats the LCD model hands down:D. But, I could not see DVD PQ of the same coz they didn't have a DVD player at that time, hmmm. Thanks Pshychotropic for your invitation:)

@Pradski - Please have a demo of Samsung 42" 410 before buying that LCD, its cheap compared to the LCD model.:)

hello everybody

I always wanted PV80 69k was expensive, so I waited and waited. finally decided to stick to 32" full hd sam. When I went to the shop that guy caught me, gave 500 bucks to book and escaped.

when the prices of plasma crashed, i was the one to announce on the forum. But always luck goes against the real one.

I have ended up with 40"lcd sam for 64k.
He got back to me and shoved this sam 40 in to my house today.

I have to keep away from television thread from now on or I may get depressed.

Last edited:
Hey man,

Forget about all this and enjoy your new TV. Dont worry about other TVs, now you are a proud owner of a 40" sammy, its a good TV, so have a good time. Dont forget the real purpose of a TV is watching it. Get some kickass movies, popcorns and have a nice time.

dude, 40" samsung is an excellent TV.....and LCD does have its advantages over Plasma as well.....if you're watching in a bright room, the LCD will be a lot nicer to watch than a plasma, due to plasma's reflective characteristic....So don't regret your purchase. Enjoy it! That way even I have cause to feel bad....I bought by Samsung 410 for 55k....people are now offering it for 53k and 51k and all, just about two months down the line. But that's the way prices work.....relax!! Your 40" LCD is going to give you years of pleasure and happiness....this is NO TIME to be sad!

hello everybody

i got conned. i always wanted PV80 and it was 69k. expensive so I waited and waited nothing happened. finally I decided I will stick to 32" full hd sam. And one day I went to the shop and saw. That guy caught me, gave 500 bucks and told him to book it. He got back to me and shoved this sam 40 in to my house today.

I was speechless.( with shock of course)

when the prices of plasma crashed, i was the one to announce on the forum. But always luck goes against the real one. I have ended up with 40"lcd sam. I still can't believe, how this happened. But I got one today. Holy grail. that is it.

I have to keep away from television thread from now on otherwise depression will take over.

speaking as a lawyer....if you had asked for a 42" plasma, and he delivered a 40" LCD, you can ask him to take it right back!

hello everybody

i got conned. i always wanted PV80 and it was 69k. expensive so I waited and waited nothing happened. finally I decided I will stick to 32" full hd sam. And one day I went to the shop and saw. That guy caught me, gave 500 bucks and told him to book it. He got back to me and shoved this sam 40 in to my house today.

I was speechless.( with shock of course)

when the prices of plasma crashed, i was the one to announce on the forum. But always luck goes against the real one. I have ended up with 40"lcd sam. I still can't believe, how this happened. But I got one today. Holy grail. that is it.

I have to keep away from television thread from now on otherwise depression will take over.

All:

In a few minutes I might order PV8 over phone and get it delivered today evening, time ticks, mind is confused, should I have a demo of 410 today itself again, thinkin, thinkin.......

Any useful tips at the final seconds is a HUGE boost.

WHAT!! I just saw Psychotropic and others online, before I could send this, all vanished.

Last edited:
All:

In a few minutes I might order PV8 over phone and get it delivered today evening, time ticks, mind is confused, should I have a demo of 410 today itself again, thinkin, thinkin.......

Any useful tips at the final seconds is a HUGE boost.

WHAT!! I just saw Psychotropic and others online, before I could send this, all vanished.

Hi, go ahead and book the pv8 today ,its a good plasma, the only plasma tvs that u can compare to the panasonic are samsung a 450 and the lg pg61, the samsung 410 is an older model.My suggestion would be to visit a store with a dvd and audition these 3,personally i didnt like the way panasonic pv8 looks, so have fun auditioning

Hi, go ahead and book the pv8 today ,its a good plasma, the only plasma tvs that u can compare to the panasonic are samsung a 450 and the lg pg61, the samsung 410 is an older model.My suggestion would be to visit a store with a dvd and audition these 3,personally i didnt like the way panasonic pv8 looks, so have fun auditioning

Hi:

Order put on hold. Yeah, 450 i think i need to see this as well, any comparisons this with PV8, anybody, looks good 450.

Hey hold on, Don't. Couple of thousand you will getn PV80

Like mridul said PV 80 is supposed to be 11th gen panel. And PQ is better than PV 8. Go for that. You should get that for 57 or less if you can bargain. Sumaria sells at 59k.

If pan plasma only 80 when price is affordable

Hey hold on, Don't. Couple of thousand you will getn PV80

Like mridul said PV 80 is supposed to be 11th gen panel. And PQ is better than PV 8. Go for that. You should get that for 57 or less if you can bargain. Sumaria sells at 59k.

If pan plasma only 80 when price is affordable

Hi:

Order put on hold. Yeah as you said couple of thousands can get me PV80, but its only for 3 HDMI, SD card slot, glossy panel, I will be paying that extra bucks. PQ is exactly same in PV8 and PV80, both same contrast ratio, I'm telling you this after extensive side-by-side comparison only.

Anyway, Samsung 450 is on the menu for me to ponder upon, oh! I never had so much confusion when auditioning my 2-channel setup, it was a cake walk :D.

PV8 & PV80 are 100% identical models quality-wise. Both have the same 11th gen panel.
The difference lies only in the extra bells & whistles in PV80 like one extra HDMI, auto-contrast and SD card slot. Other-wise, the picture quality is NOT supposed to be any different.
So only if you are inclined to pay extra for these extras, should you buy a PV80 instead of PV8.

All:

Any comparisons between Samsung 450 and Panasonic PV8. Anybody seen 450 in the first place ?

Before I take the dive ?:eek:

please do check out the samsungs before you buy the panasonic. Just so that you don't regret it later, when you drop in at my place and marvel and the pictures on my 410 :)

i also understand that samsung offers more picture tweaking options than panasonic does (410 vs. PV8).....so this can also be a consideration.

psychotropic,

agree with you on the same i bought my sammy plasma Q9 last year, at the same time pana models were costing at least 20 k more than the sammy,

but now the scenario has changed, as one can buy both at more or less the same price and cost difference has reduced .

So definitely new plasma buyers should audition both sammy and pana and then buy whichever set they like ...

Yes sammy does have more configuration options and it looks cool

If only these posts were one day earlier I would have ended up with sam plasma instead of lcd. Problem is in this place no plasmas are on display they have to get from bangalore and he told me only for me he will get and he will not take it back. I just paid for the lcd.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back