A real Value for money TT

hi mahiruha,

i prefer glass bottles so no interaction between alcohol and plastic. not sure if it will happen but i prefer to be safe. just pour out a little around the record and scrub with velvet pad or whatever you decide to use. you'll get the hang of how much is enough after cleaning a few records.

i got isopropyl from a dealer who supplies to labs etc. chemists might not have it. chemical supply dealers would be a better bet.

regards

Scrub is a scary word to use with Vinyl. :eek:

Just wipe softly and gently lifting the velvet out towards the edge of the Vinyl surface and tangent to the grooves :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Here is a pic of a Vinyl cleaning tool that you can scrub with ...

7 to 8 liters of isopropyl should suffice .. :)

Cheers

Attachments

• PHO1767.jpg
    PHO1767.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 125
hi gobble,

don't worry. you can't damage a vinyl groove with gentle scrubbing with velvet! the pressure the stylus exerts on the groove while playing runs to tons. way way above what you'd exert by scrubbing :)

regards

Hi Remus,

Please do check out SKS Traders Poddopukur, Minto Park & Dey's Electronics in Chandni Market Area they stock Shure Cartridges.

Regards,

Dear Prateek

Could you be kind enough to give the contact numbers of these guys, i would like to get shure cartridges for my 78 rpm records and vinyl Lps.If you know them well can i refer your name with them.Would they send the items by courier if I transfer funds or send Demand drafts.
Regards
Srinivasan.

Dear Prateek

Could you be kind enough to give the contact numbers of these guys, i would like to get shure cartridges for my 78 rpm records and vinyl Lps.If you know them well can i refer your name with them.Would they send the items by courier if I transfer funds or send Demand drafts.
Regards
Srinivasan.

Hi Srinivasan,

I have seen them stock LP cartridges but not for 78s, better ask them.
They don't know me so no use in referring my name, sorry.:p

As far as SKS Traders is concerned Mr. shubho Pathak is a gentleman and would definitely courier the stuff, not sure about Dey's though.
Here is the contact info:

Deys Electronics
6/B, Saklat Place, Chandni Chowk
Kolkata, West Bengal
033 22128011?
033 22127678?
09836063276? - Mobile

SKS Traders
Contact Person:Mr. Subho Pathak
Telephone : 91-9831163529
[email protected]
Audiophile shop in Kolkata for audiophile quality CD players

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hello Guys,
my project debut III TT arrived yesterday and it has been plugged with my receiver without any issue. I conducted a detailed bathing rituals for 5 of my LPS and then came the moment of truth. Trying to play a Hemanta Mukherji LP after 15 years. I must say I am amazed by the sound quality and the voice has more depth as comapred to cds. REally loved it. But there is one problem. Whenever the record is played there is lot of noise of static. I am wondering is there any way to remove or minimize them. They are really a bit of spoil sport in the entire experience. Thanks everybody for your suggestions so far.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

hi mahiruha!

congrats on your new purchase! great to hear that you love the sound.

happy listening.

regards,
abhishek.

Hello Guys,
my project debut III TT arrived yesterday and it has been plugged with my receiver without any issue. I conducted a detailed bathing rituals for 5 of my LPS and then came the moment of truth. Trying to play a Hemanta Mukherji LP after 15 years. I must say I am amazed by the sound quality and the voice has more depth as comapred to cds. REally loved it. But there is one problem. Whenever the record is played there is lot of noise of static. I am wondering is there any way to remove or minimize them. They are really a bit of spoil sport in the entire experience. Thanks everybody for your suggestions so far.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

TT Clamps / weight and also Record Stabilizing Ring wud help a lot.

TT Clamps / weight and also Record Stabilizing Ring wud help a lot.

Hello NashX,
after your suggestion I have read about these things. I guess its a bit tricky to use. Have you tried it urself? Is there any member of this forum who has used clamps and weights with project debut III TT. I would really appreciate if they can share their experience.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

just spoke to mr. shubho pathak.. srinivisan, good news for you.. he is ready to ship a cartridge to coimbatore against a DD, but he's not sure whether he has a 78 rpm cartridge in stock.. he was saying something about changing the stylus, which went miles above my head.. he asked me to call him back after 3-4 days.. anyway, since i'm out of town next week, i told him i'll call him next sunday..

thanks, prateek..

mr. murali wanted to see a few snaps of my changer to suggest about its cartridge.. uploading a few photos with this post..

Attachments

• cart-1.jpg
    cart-1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 90
  • cart-2.jpg
    cart-2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 89
  • changer-2.jpg
    changer-2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 87
  • changer-3.jpg
    changer-3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 88
  • changer-4.jpg
    changer-4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 86
Hello NashX,
after your suggestion I have read about these things. I guess its a bit tricky to use. Have you tried it urself? Is there any member of this forum who has used clamps and weights with project debut III TT. I would really appreciate if they can share their experience.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

I haven't tried the Stabilizing rings myself but i do have a TT weight and must say the difference can be heard i wud'nt say the diff is nite and day but worth the buy IMHO.

Hello Remus,

I have seen the photos uploaded, the cartridge is E-100 MM type. If this was the one you were using then you can replace it with Audio Technica AT-91 Model Cartridge. Connect both the channel to a Phono input on your Amp, the polarity and colour codes will be given in the Cartridge Pack. Pl go through the other threads the same is available from Mohan Music Chennai. It will sound better and last longer than the existing model.

Before using the player , remember to balance the weight of the cartridge if there is provision in the tone arm.

Hope this helps.

N Murali.

Last edited:
did you also get dust cover,in-built pre, and USB?

Hello anm,
yes they provided me with the dust cover. I feel it is very essential in India. It doesn't have the in- built pre I guess as my receiver has phono input. It has three wires . two of them are phono rca jacks and one for ground. It doesn't have USB.I guess if I want to connect my laptop with it I just need a headphone jack male both sides so that receiver and laptop can be connected.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back