A/V Receiver for 50-60k Budget

druk2004

Dear Experts,

Which A/V Receiver should I be looking at for a budget of 50-60k INR.

I saw two Denon options in Amazon i.e. X1500 and X2500. Out of these two, which one would be better value for money ?

Any other recommendations ? I am looking for approx 100 W power per channel and with 5 Channels.

BR
Roy

What’s your planned speaker setup and room size?

The 100W per channel isn’t a 5 channel driven rating. It’s just a marketing ruse manufacturers use. In reality it’s just either a 2 channel or 1 channel driven rating.

I have
-TSX 330T Tower and Center from Same series
-OWM3 for surround
- I don't have any Sub yet as I don't like the sound output from a low quality Sub.
-My usage is 70% Movies and 30% Music.
-Room Size is big but the area where the Hometheare is setup .. that is approx 14x10 feet.

I was using Denon 1612 which got Faulty. I found the Denon 1612 to be under powered.

Plz suggest

Dear Experts,

I saw two Denon options in Amazon i.e. X1500 and X2500. Out of these two, which one would be better value for money ?

Any other recommendations ? I am looking for approx 100 W power per channel and with 5 Channels.

BR
Roy
Neither receivers will suffice your power requirements. X6400 and above are the only ones which provide excess of 100wpc.

If you can stretch your budget, go for the x3600 or the Marantz 6014. Else, x2500 is the one you should go for.

I suspect, since you are not using an sub and since you would be running your speakers as full range, your AVR would be kind of stretched to provide sufficient power to all speakers together in intense movie scenes (specially in higher volumes).
Budgeting for a good sub can avoid overloading your AVR, as the sub itself will share the heavy load for bass frequencies (under 80hz) and your AVR only need to handle other frequencies.
AVR with 100w on all 5 channels measured are very expensive and will probably be out of your budget (infact most people's budget). One of the other way is to get an avr with preout and use external amplifier but even that will be expensive.
What i am trying to say is that with a sub, you don't require a 5x100w per channel avr.

Cheers
Siju

I suspect, since you are not using an sub and since you would be running your speakers as full range, your AVR would be kind of stretched to provide sufficient power to all speakers together in intense movie scenes (specially in higher volumes).
Budgeting for a good sub can avoid overloading your AVR, as the sub itself will share the heavy load for bass frequencies (under 80hz) and your AVR only need to handle other frequencies.
AVR with 100w on all 5 channels measured are very expensive and will probably be out of your budget (infact most people's budget). One of the other way is to get an avr with preout and use external amplifier but even that will be expensive.
What i am trying to say is that with a sub, you don't require a 5x100w per channel avr.

Cheers
Siju

Thanks Siju. I understood what you explained. If I go for good sub .... I can go with a slightly lower powered AVR.
That way ... a Sub + x1400 might be a good choice .... OR maybe even lower variant of AVR which has all he features but low on power ....

Which is the minimum AVR model to go for in the Denon Range .... ?

And any suggestion for a good Sub ?

Thanks Siju. I understood what you explained. If I go for good sub .... I can go with a slightly lower powered AVR.
That way ... a Sub + x1400 might be a good choice .... OR maybe even lower variant of AVR which has all he features but low on power ....

Which is the minimum AVR model to go for in the Denon Range .... ?

And any suggestion for a good Sub ?
Out of the two, Denon 2500h + 12 inch sub is the way to go.

Hi...do you plan to do Atmos setup later or would you be sticking with only 5.1 setup.

If only 5.1, then marantz NR 1508 and 1509 is a good and popular choice (1510 if you need eARC).

For Atmos 7.1 setup, you have marantz NR 1608 / 1609 / 1710 (eARC support), denon x1400/1500/1600 (eARC support).

Do note all above AVR have only one HDMI output. If you need more than 2 HDMI output (for simultaneous connection to two displays like TV and projector), you need to go high up in the range indicated above.

For subs, there are multiple options from Polk, Bic america which can fullfill your needs. Taking demo would help you immensely.

Hi...do you plan to do Atmos setup later or would you be sticking with only 5.1 setup.

If only 5.1, then marantz NR 1508 and 1509 is a good and popular choice (1510 if you need eARC).

For Atmos 7.1 setup, you have marantz NR 1608 / 1609 / 1710 (eARC support), denon x1400/1500/1600 (eARC support).

Do note all above AVR have only one HDMI output. If you need more than 2 HDMI output (for simultaneous connection to two displays like TV and projector), you need to go high up in the range indicated above.

For subs, there are multiple options from Polk, Bic america which can fullfill your needs. Taking demo would help you immensely.
Thanks. It would be better to provision for 7.1 setup so ... marantz NR 1608 / 1609 / 1710 (eARC support), denon x1400/1500/1600 (eARC support).

Any specific feature which is in x2500 and not in x1500 ? I could not figure out any from my observation apart from higher power.
And maybe the 4K video up conversion.

BR
Roy

Hi...apart from higher power, x2500 has 8 HDMI in (x1500 has 6) and x2500 has 2 HDMI out (x1500 has only 1).

If you are getting denon x1500h and x2400 in similar price, you can go with x2400.

Thanks. It would be better to provision for 7.1 setup so ... marantz NR 1608 / 1609 / 1710 (eARC support), denon x1400/1500/1600 (eARC support).

Any specific feature which is in x2500 and not in x1500 ? I could not figure out any from my observation apart from higher power.
And maybe the 4K video up conversion.

BR
Roy

You could also look at the Denon x2500H/2400H in the open market, it might be cheaper than full retail cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any other recommendations ?

Pioneer LX 303, 9.2 AVR, if you can get it around for a lil more budget..

Nothing better than this at its price.

Bro i bought marantz 5013 for 65k .. 3 months back if you can wait then 5014 will launch soon and price for this will fall more ..

& You should get a LFE it's incomplete and injustice to whole setup.

Thanks friends ... I bought the Denon x1600H ... feature wise ... not much difference with x2600h ... and x2600h does not have considerable higher power as compared with x1600h ... so decided for x1600h

Thanks friends ... I bought the Denon x1600H ... feature wise ... not much difference with x2600h ... and x2600h does not have considerable higher power as compared with x1600h ... so decided for x1600h
I think, it was a good decision. If true 50W doesn't work, then 100W is not going to work. It is only 3dB difference in sound which is negligible for all intents and purposes.

Bro i bought marantz 5013 for 65k .. 3 months back if you can wait then 5014 will launch soon and price for this will fall more ..

& You should get a LFE it's incomplete and injustice to whole setup.

Where did you get the 5013 in Bangalore for 65K? That looks like a good deal. Was it grey market?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back