AC Adapter for Objective2 Headphone Amp?

oswalakhil

Hi guys :)

My assembled CB for the Objective2 amp arrived! the only problem is I dont know where to buy a
14-20 V AC/AC adapter (400mA+ current) ; barrel : 2.1mmx5.5mm in India.
Every shop just keeps DC adapters, and have no idea where you get AC adapters.

Didn't think it through, I thought an adapter would be easy to find here
Please help, its frustrating to receive an amp after 2 months only to find out i dont have a way to run it :p

Go to Trio or Pioneer electronics in Budhwar Peth. You can get adapter body from Pioneer, wire with pin and 15-0,500mA transformer. Build it your own within 10 minutes. Or bring it to me I will solder it for you. I would be back in Pune on Sunday.

Or bring existing adapter and new transformer, we would install it.

Last edited:
That's amazingly kind of you, but unfortunately I've moved to bangalore now! Is self-constructing safe enough? Then i'll just assemble one here..I was just afraid of damaging the amp.
Thanks a lot!

Does This transformer work? And can I get the adapter body/plug/pin in a normal electrical shop? Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, you have to use only two wires - one black wire and either of the blue wires.
And can I get the adapter body/plug/pin in a normal electrical shop? Thanks
Try SP Road on Bangalore. You will get it after some searching. An complete AC 12-15V adapter, some BSNL modem used that. Generally 12V adapter puts 14V at the output.

I wish I'd paid more attention to the name of the shop, however it was about 100 meters onto SP road following the left most path, shop on the right, run by a marwadi-speaking guy...just going striaght skipping a turn that turns hard left. He didn't keep it himself, but called a couple of guys to find out. Carry the amp with you when you go, as the adapter I finally got looks at least 5 years old, and I tested it out before buying
Hope it helps, sorry for not keeping attention!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back