Ac ryan hd2 or wd live hub ?

Ac ryan hd2 or wd live hub ?

• Total voters

leodi

Guys I am planing to buy media player & shortlisted on AC RYAN HD2 OR WD LIVE HUB. Since there are members here with both the players, your guidance will be helpful.

Thanx in advance :)

Considering the additional functionality provided by HD 2, the price difference can be neglected.

HD2 9250Rs (without Wifi donlge)
WD live Hub 1TB: 11500 Rs

You can buy a 1TB 3.5'' HDD for 2K+ for HD 2.

Considering the additional functionality provided by HD 2, the price difference can be neglected.

HD2 9250Rs (without Wifi donlge)
WD live Hub 1TB: 11500 Rs

You can buy a 1TB 3.5'' HDD for 2K+ for HD 2.

Thanx :)

I already have 1.5 tb Hdd, so HD2 seems better option....

anymore inputs guys ??

I have AC Ryan Playon HD DVR and have been using it for six months now. Works great.

WiFi is the only issue i have faced. Most dongles (almost all I have tried) dont work. The unit refuses to recognize them.

I have AC Ryan Playon HD DVR and have been using it for six months now. Works great.

WiFi is the only issue i have faced. Most dongles (almost all I have tried) dont work. The unit refuses to recognize them.

Thanx 4 reply. anyone else also facing such problem ?? :sad:

Just confirmed with Aqtronics bangalore. HD2 is available with them for Rs. 9500/- without wifi. But product will reach Mumbai only after Wednesday ie. 8th June 2011.

But what she told the difference between POHD & POHD2 is usb 3.0 & slide in hdd in POHD2. otherwise hardware is same. :confused:

Speak to Ranga in aqtronics , rest of the people dont know much about the product. The chipset should be different.

AC ryan is Realtek and WD is Sigma chipset

. Sigma is supposed to better in PQ than Realtek , I have a xtreamer that uses Realtek so cannot tell that as confirmed, but many believe that to be true.

Please check both websites to which ones release FW on regular basis so that if any issue arises you have a backing that it will be fixed.

From personal experience i can tell that I have Xtreamer MK1 that didn't plays Compressed header files. I encountered the a file and it didn't played. The player was pretty new and I suspected the money to go to waste as I didn't knew it was Headers Fault. The very next day FW with Compressed header support was released reliving me of the trouble.

I wanted a feature to be able to browse a subtitle file on my disk which does'nrt has the same name as file. Viola , a FW was there to enable that.

What I mean to say is that which of two product is active in listening to users and releasing updates to solve issues.

AnandTech - A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD2 - First Realtek 1185 Media Streamer in the Wild!

This review states that WDTV does'nt bitstream DTS-HD audio. Any users using it can comment.

Just confirmed with Aqtronics bangalore. HD2 is available with them for Rs. 9500/- without wifi. But product will reach Mumbai only after Wednesday ie. 8th June 2011.

But what she told the difference between POHD & POHD2 is usb 3.0 & slide in hdd in POHD2. otherwise hardware is same. :confused:

It has new Realtek 1185DD Chipset. The Aqtronics guys are trying to sell the old stock. Also the older model price is too attractive.

Found from reviews, that USB 3.0 and GBE bandwidth performance is not as high as it should be. But nevertheless noticeable bandwidth increase is present.

See the thread for more info http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/14028-nice-article-chipsets.html

Detail review: http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/content/review_ACRHD2

Comparison of different Media Players: http://www.digitalversus.com/multimedia-hard-drive-51.html

Also AnandTech.com - A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD2 - First Realtek 1185 Media Streamer in the Wild!

Last edited:
It has new Realtek 1185DD Chipset. The Aqtronics guys are trying to sell the old stock. Also the older model price is too attractive.

Found from reviews, that USB 3.0 and GBE bandwidth performance is not as high as it should be. But nevertheless noticeable bandwidth increase is present.

See the thread for more info http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/14028-nice-article-chipsets.html

Detail review: AC Ryan Play!On HD2 Media Player Review | AusPCMarket Australia Pty Ltd

Comparison of different Media Players: Media Centres - DigitalVersus

Also AnandTech.com - A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD2 - First Realtek 1185 Media Streamer in the Wild!

Thanx 4 all the info ...... gurucahaithanya, jatinmalhotra, kittu1977, ManishW

:)

I am also very close to buying HD2 , just waiting for the xtreamer prodigy price to be announced.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back