AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

AC Ryan - New Firmware update - Asia region....

All ,

This is the new firmware version update for Play on HD which is still beta

Asian Language: http://www.acryan.com/eugene/Firmware_PV73100_v7.06.r2901_Asian.zip

Please also kindly take note of the changelog of this firmware version as attached. Feel free to feedback for us to improve on our firmware. Cheers!

Version v7.0.6 r2901
------------------------------------
What's new in this release

1) Add new options in Setup/Video menu
- Zoom Out
- Hue
- Saturation
- AV Video System (PAL/NTSC)
2) Add new optons in Setup/Network menu
- PPPoE Setup
- BitTorrent and SAMBA
3) Add new menu language for Asian version
- Japanese
- Korean
- Vietnamese
4) Add new menu language for European version
- Bulgarian
- Slovensky
- Romania
- Portuguese
- Hebrew (trial)
- Hungarian (trial)
5) Add new text encoding
- Romania (LATIN10)
- Vietnam
6) Add manual setting for system time
7) Add File Copy and Setup menu in Home menu
8) Add elapsed/total time and size display when pressing Info button during playback
9) Add sliding effects for screensaver
10) Add unicgi (Neighbour Web) application (autostart with bootup)
11) Add Play Folder/Browse Folder when accessing a DVD structured folder
12) Add support for recognising data disc
13) Add Mono L/R and Stereo support for Karaoke VCD

14) Fix self-disconnecting over wireless N connection after connected over a period of time
15) Fix Internet Radio Genre listing
16) Fix audio switch when pressing menu button when playing a BD-ISO
17) Fix audio switch when resuming from pause state for BD-ISO
18) Fix MP4 formats appearing as an audio icon instead of as a video icon
19) Fix SPDIF RAW audio mute when entering full screen playback in certain scenario
20) Fix M2T formats unrecognisable for playing

21) Improved Internet Feeds icon in home menu
22) Improved HDMI connectivity with certain TV brands/models

23) Remove Extension Info under Setup/System
24) Remove YouTube under Internet Feeds menu
25) Remove Seamless Playback from System/Misc and moved to System/Video

AC Ryan POHD with YAMJ - Whats YAMJ ?

AC Ryan Playon!HD is proud to be the first Realtek-based mediaplayer works with YAMJ.

Ever since the Playon!HD support for YAMJ was first demod at exhibitions in Singapore and Netherlands, the community has been eagerly awaiting to get their hands on it. The first implementation is now available for download on the ACRyan.com/forums for our to try out and feedback. Be warned though, it is only the first trial release, purely for the technically brave.

1st Trial Release: A.C. Ryan • View topic - YAMJ Trial firmware for Playon!HD
UPDATE 28 Jan 2010 : 2nd Trial Release with some fixes up here A.C. Ryan • View topic - YAMJ Trial firmware for Playon!HD (Released 290110)

What is YAMJ? YAMJ, short for Yet Another Movie Jukebox, is a software that runs on your computer (not on the Playon!HD). It searches your movie collection, grabs movie information (cover, summary etc) from various sources on the internet and collects them into a Jukebox view. YAMJ first started life humbly as a little program made for own use, then shared with the community and has now since grown into the communitys favorite and most well-known movie jukebox software, with a team of volunteer programmers solidly backing its development.

The addition of YAMJ support on Playon!HD is another step forward for the community, a win-win that brings more users and developers together. As YAMJ is an ongoing community development, your support will help go a long way. Do visit the Playon! Community Development YAMJ subboard on the ACRyan.com/Forums to share your ideas and show your support. While you are there, do drop some praises and thanks to Omertron (the founder & lead developer of YAMJ) and his team for devoting their time to bringing YAMJ to the world.

ps. for those of you in-the-know and awaiting to check out firmware based on the new Realtek SDK3.0, this YAMJ first trial release is it SDK3.0! Another first for AC Ryan :)

Our first YAMJ trial firmware is ready for download for Playon!HD. Before you go all out to import your existing jukebox to the Playon!HD, please read through the following before doing so. There are still a couple of bugs/limitation in this first trial firmware that we are trying to iron out. :cry:

Known bugs/limitations

1. No Network Jukebox support.
2. No subtitles support.
3. No categories page yet.
4. All movie titles and generated Jukebox and index.htm MUST be under the same folder.
5. Movie Jukebox folder MUST NOT have spaces in between file names.
6. Movie ratings and other details may not be appearing correctly.

For a step by step installation instructions, please download this guide.
http://www.acryan.com/downloads/YAMJ/Setting_up_YAMJ.pdf

After your Jukebox is ready on your internal HDD or USB storage device, you are ready to run it on your Playon!HD Movie Jukebox with this trial firmware (it's also a working "beta" firmware)
Firmware download: http://www.acryan.com/downloads/YAMJ/v7.0.6.r3139_(European)_YAMJ_Trial.zip

Please take note that this firmware package also contains new extension package, so please make sure to update these 3 .IPK files in your Playon!HD!

Some screenshots of running Movie Jukebox after the firmware update.

Attachments

• YAMJ1.jpg
    YAMJ1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 257
  • YAMJ2.jpg
    YAMJ2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 253
  • YAMJ3.jpg
    YAMJ3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 253
  • YAMJ4.jpg
    YAMJ4.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 252
  • YAMJ5.jpg
    YAMJ5.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I have decided to buy POHD. In fact, I would have already bought it except that the shop is closed every 2nd and 4th Saturday. I just want to know if there any issues/problems/surprises that I should be aware of? I am looking for some practical advice as I have been following this player very closely and also looking at their forums. Thanks!!

Bought one yesterday.

i suggest to use official fw: 2901 asian, as currently 4th YAMJ fw and beta fw 3294 is for trial/beta testing only. if you wish to try out YAMJ - go for the 4th fw then else. 2901 would be a better choice.

hope you enjoi it.

:eek:hyeah:

i suggest to use official fw: 2901 asian, as currently 4th YAMJ fw and beta fw 3294 is for trial/beta testing only. if you wish to try out YAMJ - go for the 4th fw then else. 2901 would be a better choice.

hope you enjoi it.

:eek:hyeah:

I installed the latest official firmware only. I'll wait for YAMJ to become official. Can't wait for it. The current interface feels like good old DOS.

:clapping:

i did a mini demo for my friends and relatives during festivals season, it was funny to see their reactions when they (some of them were IT geeks ) saw YAMJ on realtek media player.

way to go ACRyan dev team for YAMJ. :beer: a beer for you guys.

Now cant wait for the official release n back to work...

WHats the current price of AC Ryan and I still dont see HD audio support which even available in much cheaper WD Live and XT

Last edited:
WHats the current price of AC Ryan and I still dont see HD audio support which even available in much cheaper WD Live and XT

PlayOn! HD is still selling at 12.5+12%vat and 12.5k flat for some lucky bargainers.
But Xtreamer is already down to 8k including shipping. And I think it will lead the market now with Playon at this price;)

cheers.

PlayOn! HD is still selling at 12.5+12%vat and 12.5k flat for some lucky bargainers.
But Xtreamer is already down to 8k including shipping. And I think it will lead the market now with Playon at this price;)

cheers.

Though I love the PlayON firmware updates, its sucks that it can pass through HD audio and is 4k more than competition, if only AC Ryan prices it competitively it will be a super deal.

what I am looking at is the POHD mini which is quoted at 7.7k similar to Xtreamer and WDTV Live. I do not see any major differences between them which is a deal maker or breaker. Int. HDD I do not plan on using.

Though I love the PlayON firmware updates, its sucks that it can pass through HD audio and is 4k more than competition, if only AC Ryan prices it competitively it will be a super deal.

aneel : Play on HD POHD version is now selling @ 12.5K INR all inclusive .

Raghav : Play on Mini now offer is for 7.7K INR and with promised Bit torrent download on external HDD in future firmware upgrade , its a good buy .

Ram : Its cheaper then Xstrermer, costlier by WD TV live . WD TV live does not have all features as on Xstrermer and Play on . This way Play on is a better option

Last edited:
AC RYan POHD - Firmware - 4th Update on the YAMJ Firmware update -

The 4th released of YAMJ is here with the following updates.
http://www.acryan.com/downloads/YAMJ/v7.0.6.r3286_(European)_YAMJ_Trial.zip

1. Network Jukbox support
2. Resolves "Invalid File" error when playing off a long path
3. Zoom In/Out (I can't remember if previous versions are already working...)

Please remember to install the extension package in the ZIP file after you have updated this firmware. Also, scanning over network traffic may take a long time for huge jukeboxes over wireless. Breaking up into smaller jukeboxes will improve scanning and faster displaying of the jukebox.

The following will be in work for now.
- Resolving the max. 90 titles display
- Adding in category page
- Further customisation, improvements (we're always listening)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back