AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

I understand it is a good media player. Many of forum members also wants Play on HD, provided the rates are more competitive with other players like Xtreamer, WD Live.

VU2DED

Hi,

I read the AV MAX review in April 2010. They are mentioning that the price includes 1.5TB HDD also? Is this correct?

Quote from gthe review:

"The Playon! comes housing an internal hard disk, which is part of its RS.12,500 price-tag. ...<snip>.... a whopping 1.5TB hard-disk!"

~Manoj

Hi,

I read the AV MAX review in April 2010. They are mentioning that the price includes 1.5TB HDD also? Is this correct?

Quote from gthe review:

"The Playon! comes housing an internal hard disk, which is part of its RS.12,500 price-tag. ...<snip>.... a whopping 1.5TB hard-disk!"

~Manoj

Hi,

The HDD is not a part of the price I guess, atleast untill now. May be it's a new deal. May be indiahifiaudiovideoforum can confirm the offer.

cheers.

Any PlayonDVR user here? If yes what has been the experience so far.. does it hang while recording..

Guys, Quick question, If I buy the POHD from the US(with the free Wifi adaptor and HDMI cable@169$+5$Shipping) Will I get warranty for it in India to?

How does the Indian warranty work if I get it from India?

Thanks!

Last edited:
any owners of the Ac ryan mini here?
i am asking since im seriously considering one or an xstreamer
\my doubt is whether the firmware for torrent download has been released ? any hopes in that front ?

Guys, Quick question, If I buy the POHD from the US(with the free Wifi adaptor and HDMI cable@169$+5$Shipping) Will I get warranty for it in India to?

Thanks!

You need to contact AqTronics (Mr Ranga) to get this question answered. If you need his number, PM me.

any owners of the Ac ryan mini here?
i am asking since im seriously considering one or an xstreamer
\my doubt is whether the firmware for torrent download has been released ? any hopes in that front ?

I am owner of a mini.

I was in a similar confusion few weeks back and chose the mini.
Details as to why I chose the mini are in the following post.
Might be of help to you.
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...confusing-wdtv-ac-ryan-pohd-2.html#post141888

The beta version of the firmware for torrent download is available and the
official firmware is not available. That said, knowing that ACRyan staff are working on it and having released beta for the BT feature, it should be included in the official firmware anytime now.

You can get more information about ACRyan firmwares (mini) etc from the
following link:
A.C. Ryan &bull; View forum - Playon!HD Mini Firmware Releases

I think the beta r3612 has the trial BT.

If you do have any questions on the mini, let me know, I shall be more than happy to answer.

dear sirs
i have decided to buy the acryan POHD mini
where can i buy it in india ? reliable and honest
please help

Thanks!

No warranty for products purchased from US. And for the Indian warranty, incase of any problem you can contact the dealer itself.

cheers.

Thanks!

Nope the warranty would not work in India, be aware of that, however these media players hardly get in to trouble, you I dont think these is much of a problem. I got my WD Player for US a year ago and till date is woking perfectly......though I now use POHD....

Back