AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

i am using the last official firmware on the AC ryan forum

i havent tried any Beta ones yet

I am using the r4107 beta version. Yes, some of the formats which worked with previous
firmwares are not working in this. Besides I am getting a bitstream error when I try
to stream a 4 GB m2ts file over wired network. I will have to use a USB HD and see if I
still get the problem.

the distributer is in banglore but they have a site office in vidhyavihar mumbai

i got the vidhyavihar outlet to deliver for 50 bucks and they even accepted a cheque

search this thread you will be able to find the banglore no. from where you can get the mumbai no.

Those who are planning to buy the mini or its bigger brother just make sure
you are getting their new stock with 1073 DD+ (also called 1073 C+) chipset.

According to the following link
A.C. Ryan • View topic - [Resolved]50%+ wmv & 100% flv files showing up as invalid
both the models are shipped (from April 2010) with the DD+/C+ chipset which
is supposed to passthrough 7.1 HD audio.

I bought my mini in May 2010 but still got the old stock ( 1073 DD
and not the 1073 DD+/C+ ). According to this link the person who
bought it this month (July) (Banglore or Bombay ) also got the DD and not
DD+/C+, so it is still possible that both Bombay and Banglore stock
old units. So buyer beware.

Though I dont have a 7.1 setup, I kind of still feel cheated.

Last edited:

According to the following link
A.C. Ryan • View topic - [Resolved]50%+ wmv & 100% flv files showing up as invalid
both the models are shipped (from April 2010) with the DD+/C+ chipset which
is supposed to passthrough 7.1 HD audio.

I bought my mini in May 2010 but still got the old stock ( 1073 DD
and not the 1073 DD+/C+ ). According to this link the person who
bought it this month (July) (Banglore or Bombay ) also got the DD and not
DD+/C+, so it is still possible that both Bombay and Banglore stock
old units. So buyer beware.

Though I dont have a 7.1 setup, I kind of still feel cheated.

Though you are right in saying that we should demand newer units, the pass-through of HD audio is basically a moot point. The Blu-ray rips which have this audio are all at least 45GB in size. There is no way you are going to download that big a file over bit-torrent. You'd spend so much on electricity bill and bandwidth that you'd be better off with buying the damn disk itself. And to really enjoy the HD Audio, you need to have an audio system which can actually show the difference between HD Audio and regular audio.

@bansal98

I agree to what you are saying - with respect to the size of the files to
download, 7.1 equipped system etc.

My only gripe is that when a newer chipset was made available, why should we
be sold the one with the old chip especially after couple of months of it becoming
available.

While the only difference between DD and DD+ is 7.1 HD, imagine a scenario
where there were additional enhancements to the chip?.

Above all, I dont have much to complain as I have already bought it, the only
reason to post is to caution people who might be interested to buy. Above all
they will be paying the same price be it DD or DD+.

EDIT:

Why do we have to limit ourselves to the downloads?. Think about this
situation. Connecting the PlayOn via USB to a Bluray drive and playing a
Bluray disc. The situation gets worse if you also have a 7.1 system but
not able to take the full potential out of it.

So a little precaution before buying is not harmless. Especially when you
got to pay nothing extra.

Last edited:

I got acryan playon!HD player (ACR-PV73100P+) few days back. How can check if it is the latest stock ( one with 1073 DD+/ 1073 C+)?

I have Samsung 29"flatron TV. I am not getting the proper display on my TV. Pictures is getting cut off from sides. If any one else is also using Playon HD with flat TV (non-HD/no LCD), can he please share display information. My Playon HD has come with software version 7.0.6 r4318.

Attachments

• DSCN6264.jpg
    DSCN6264.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 112
I got acryan playon!HD player (ACR-PV73100P+) few days back. How can check if it is the latest stock ( one with 1073 DD+/ 1073 C+)?

I have Samsung 29"flatron TV. I am not getting the proper display on my TV. Pictures is getting cut off from sides. If any one else is also using Playon HD with flat TV (non-HD/no LCD), can he please share display information. My Playon HD has come with software version 7.0.6 r4318.

There is an option in the settings. Actually, you can try two things:

1. Set the video output to PAL. Do not set it to anything else like 480i/480p/720p etc. Just PAL.

2. If the above doesn't work, then there is an option to set the screen size using up-down-left-right arrows. Try that.

BTW, how much did you pay for this box?

You can go to setup and the last option would be system info. One of the item in the list is the chipset.

Got my PlayON HD. Filled it with a 2TB HDD. And connected another 1TB external HDD on to the USB. So respite from adding more storage for at least a year. Haven't fully started fiddling with the set up. But as of now the only gripe I have is when I put the set to standby it restarts again and will go into standby only after a 2nd or 3rd try.

But overall I'm very happy coz all the downloads are finding some use now.

hi there
I have recently purchased the Ac ryan Playon HD, however there are some MP4 files that it doesn't play. these have been DL from youtube.

can someone please assist?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back