AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

There is an option in the settings. Actually, you can try two things:

1. Set the video output to PAL. Do not set it to anything else like 480i/480p/720p etc. Just PAL.

2. If the above doesn't work, then there is an option to set the screen size using up-down-left-right arrows. Try that.

I have tried that option, but it is not working. My player is set to PAL.
In fact I have received the revert from playon team, that this player will have display issue with non-HD TVs as menus are in HD format. There is nothing that can be done.:mad:

Is anyone else also using conventional TV (flat TV) with the player?

I am planning to buy a POHD when i get a good deal. I need some clarification on it. Suppose i buy a internal Hard disk now and copy all my movies on to it. later when i buy the POHD, can i straight away insert the harddisk into the POHD and start using it?
Will i be asked to format the harddisk then.

I am planning to buy a POHD when i get a good deal. I need some clarification on it. Suppose i buy a internal Hard disk now and copy all my movies on to it. later when i buy the POHD, can i straight away insert the harddisk into the POHD and start using it?
Will i be asked to format the harddisk then.

Yes. You'll have to format the disk the first time you put it in POHD. After that, you can take it out and use it normally and put it back (and repeat) but first time format is a must.

I think there is a thread on the ac ryan forum about downloading from rs as a free user. Can I post the link here if I find out?

hi to all the proud pohd owner's, i am soon to be one..;)
i just wanted to check if someone bought a pohd from the US??
if yes, what about the power source, are you using a flat pin power adapter? or what is the alternative?
and i guess warranty does not hold good for purchases made outside India

please respond

Also does POHD support automatic/manual subtitle downloads from Internet?

RS or HF remote downloader would have been a nice addition. Something like a client SW running on a PC which captures the download links and pass on the URL's to the POHD box which will download the files. If not on POHD, does such a feature exist with any windows application?

hi to all the proud pohd owner's, i am soon to be one..;)
i just wanted to check if someone bought a pohd from the US??
if yes, what about the power source, are you using a flat pin power adapter? or what is the alternative?
and i guess warranty does not hold good for purchases made outside India

please respond

Hi POHD owners, I did not get any resoponse...:sad:

Could some one post the Power and voltage Specifications and if possible could someone take a pic of the power plug and post it..please..

I have bought POHD from US and power plug is the US one (normal flat two pin plug). It fits into any multi plug adapter easily. It is a universal voltage adapter (100-240V input, 12V 3A output).

HTH

I have bought POHD from US and power plug is the US one (normal flat two pin plug). It fits into any multi plug adapter easily. It is a universal voltage adapter (100-240V input, 12V 3A output).

HTH

Thanks for the response.
Solved a couple of questions..:clapping:
Any issues faced till date? When did you purchase it?

Announcement of new price from an opponent product dealer right before a day the product is getting delivered to the buyers.............

:indifferent14:

Hi All
I need some clarification regarding the Playon HD usage.
1) Will frequent powercuts damage the POHD HDD.
2) Is it ok to leave the POHD on 24/7 so that downloading can take place.
3) Can someone give any link to step by step installation of yamj.

Got a POHD in August and just today opened and installed a 1 Tb HDD in it and I connected it with TV and made formatting.I could see the hard disc information of 999Gb in the system menu.Now when I connected this POHD with my PC and laptop and i could not find POHD in USB.Tried with 2 desktops and one laptop and no result.Could any one throw a light on this as am very new to this and I selected this player because of this form reviews.

Got a POHD in August and just today opened and installed a 1 Tb HDD in it and I connected it with TV and made formatting.I could see the hard disc information of 999Gb in the system menu.Now when I connected this POHD with my PC and laptop and i could not find POHD in USB.Tried with 2 desktops and one laptop and no result.Could any one throw a light on this as am very new to this and I selected this player because of this form reviews.

Make sure you are connecting it to the PC using the right USB port (the square one and not the regular rectangular one).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back