AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

anil pls that will be great help as me and least 2-3 members need solution of this HD audio issue

waiting for feedback

@ Hemant

I've tested PlayonHD (latest beta FW) with HD Audio samples and 98% of them work. One of the TrueHD and DTS-MA sample didn't work but all TrueHD & DTS-MA movies (BluRay folders) has worked so far.

@Digitalv: Thanks for confirming. Btw, the one which did not play - did it downmix or the sound did not come at all?
Also, is FW the official one or you updated it on your own after the purchase. Did everything else work the way it was working earlier, after the update?

Thanks much for sharing the info!

The following is what I remember.

Terminator 2 Trailer 1080i DTS-HD MA 5.1 - No Video , Audio plays fine
Amazing Life 1080p DTS-HD MA 5.1 - Reports Bitstream Error

I cant remember the TrueHD demo which didnt play. Will post details once I'm back home.

All above are HD samples from Demo-World

I've update with the latest beta firmware in circulation on ACRyan forums. I didn't notice any new issues or loss of earlier functionality after the latest FW update.The AVR used is Yamaha RX-V667.

Last edited:
Hi
Playon HD does not support Flac Tag (Ogg Vorbis). Considering most of us like to keep lossless music in flac this is a big setback.
Any idea if WD HD supports flac tags

Hi All POHD users,

Assuming that this thread is still alive, I have a few queries.
I am a bit excited today as a friend of mine has agreed to bring me closer me owning a POHD, by bringing it for me from USA.

The Price is 145 USD incl of shipping + tax. The price is same in eBay and amazon. I am just about to order it from the either sources .

I went through the 14 pages of posts and gathered a lot of information i.e.
1.) Price from US will be cheaper although no warranty in India for sure.
2.) That I will need to format my internal HDD as soon as I connect it to the POHD for the first time, hence I better not have any data on the HDD. (thanks for this tip)
3.) That I should flash it to the latest official firmware once hooked up.

Now I have some unanswered questions asked previously in the forum as well

1.) How many internal HDD's (3.5") can be connected at once to the POHD? I mean, does it have the bay for only one 3.5" HDD or more than 2 can be slided in.
2.) I believe the max capacity of internal/ external HDD that the POHD supports as of now is 2 TBs? Please confirm
3.) Is there any support for subititles? Can the POHD download the subtitles directly from the internet (like the BSplayer software does it on a PC?)? If it can't download, can we somehow point it to the location of the self downloaded SRT file?
4.) How's the experience of you guys who might have tried downloading the torrents on the player itself? Any difference in speed or performance etc? I will be wiring it to my router and not using wi-fi for download.
5.) Any problems with the POHD being switched on for longer duration for downloads etc?
6.) Does the internal fan produce a lot of noise?

Your inputs will be really helpful in my purchase of my first product with the help from HFV.

Hi All POHD users,

Assuming that this thread is still alive, I have a few queries.
I am a bit excited today as a friend of mine has agreed to bring me closer me owning a POHD, by bringing it for me from USA.

The Price is 145 USD incl of shipping + tax. The price is same in eBay and amazon. I am just about to order it from the either sources .
Comments - Order from Amazon

I went through the 14 pages of posts and gathered a lot of information i.e.
1.) Price from US will be cheaper although no warranty in India for sure.
2.) That I will need to format my internal HDD as soon as I connect it to the POHD for the first time, hence I better not have any data on the HDD. (thanks for this tip)
3.) That I should flash it to the latest official firmware once hooked up.

Now I have some unanswered questions asked previously in the forum as well

1.) How many internal HDD's (3.5") can be connected at once to the POHD? I mean, does it have the bay for only one 3.5" HDD or more than 2 can be slided in.
comments - Only one 3.5" can be attached
2.) I believe the max capacity of internal/ external HDD that the POHD supports as of now is 2 TBs? Please confirm
Commenst - Yes
3.) Is there any support for subititles? Can the POHD download the subtitles directly from the internet (like the BSplayer software does it on a PC?)? If it can't download, can we somehow point it to the location of the self downloaded SRT file
comments - Yes
4.) How's the experience of you guys who might have tried downloading the torrents on the player itself? Any difference in speed or performance etc? I will be wiring it to my router and not using wi-fi for download.
5.) Any problems with the POHD being switched on for longer duration for downloads etc?
6.) Does the internal fan produce a lot of noise?
Comments - No

Your inputs will be really helpful in my purchase of my first product with the help from HFV.

I have one issue with the POHD. It does not Support Flac Tags. Conidering most of the lossless music is in Flac, this is sure a sore point

@raj

Are you sure you're talking about POHD?

I went to its features page here
Playon!HD | Full HD Network Mediaplayer by A.C.Ryan
And found out this information. As per the official website, it does support FLAC and RA Lossless

Audio Formats Supported: MP3 / MP2 / WMA / AAC / FLAC / WAV / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / MS-ADPCM / LC-AAC / HE-AAC / COOK / RA-Lossless

@raj

Are you sure you're talking about POHD?

I went to its features page here
Playon!HD | Full HD Network Mediaplayer by A.C.Ryan
And found out this information. As per the official website, it does support FLAC and RA Lossless

Audio Formats Supported: MP3 / MP2 / WMA / AAC / FLAC / WAV / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / MS-ADPCM / LC-AAC / HE-AAC / COOK / RA-Lossless

Hi

It supports Flac. What it does not support is the Flac tags. That means the media information of flalc cannot be displayed.

Got it. So you mean all the tagged information like Artist/ title/ Album name/ Release Date etc isn't displayed but the song is still being played?

Is that what you're saying?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back