AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

Hi guys.
I have some problem in switching off my POHD when i connect it to the laptop using the USD cable supplied. I disconnect the Pohd by using safetly remove software option. when i get the messsge to that it is safe to disconnect the device, i try to turn of the pohd by pressing the power button. but the pohd fails to get switched off. why is this so.
can someone help.

hi thomasalex,

i have faced this issue. shut down your pc/ laptop and then turn it off.
it seems that it turns down only after the pc/ laptop is shutdown

Did anyone find success in PoHD bit-streaming TrueHD and DTS HD-MA to AVR in pass-through mode?

If yes, which firmware release are you guys using?

Can you confirm that you bought the Playon!HD and not the Playon!HD mini?

I ask because the Aqtronics website lists the Playon!HD at 12,500/- - HD Media Player, AC Ryan India, Play on HD India, True HD media players

I bought Playon!HD not mini. I know the difference between them at least after reading all the posts about it at hifi vision:clapping:. Contact aqtronics via phone and check with them. I went to their office and paid by cash and collected the player. They will accept cheque also. But bad part is, there is no facility of using credit cards. They may reconsider the price below 9500 if it is a group buy. As i remember for mini the price is at around 8K or 7.9K.

Last edited:
The WiFi dongle: does the player only support the dongle supplied by them? How about 802.11b/g adapters?

Received a newsletter from AC Ryan last night about launch of a new product called Playon!HD Essential. Here is what the newletter says...

Introducing the latest product launch from the multi-award winning Playon! series, the Playon!HD Essential. The Playon!HD Essential allows you to store and enjoy all of your precious movies, music and photos in the comfort of your own living room. Free your media content from the limitations of your PC and let the Essential bring them to life in Full HD quality on your TV. The Playon!HD Essential is designed for users who prefer an easy to use media player without the fuss of networking. Setting a new standard of performance in the class of non-networked media players, this inexpensive, user friendly, no-network media player supports the most file formats including Blu-ray and DVD ISO. With exceptional quality and ease, the Playon!HD Essential, plays your media files from external drives (USB disks, USB harddisks, and media cards such as SD Cards). The pre-installed eco friendly, low noise, low power consumption HDD up to 2TB allows you to conveniently store all your media files in one central location. The Playon!HD Essential makes entertainment simple and enjoyable for you, your family and friends. Simply transfer, store and play your media content with the Essential and enjoy High Definition entertainment, the way it should be.

read on....AC RYAN - INTRODUCING THE PLAYON!HD ESSENTIAL - SIMPLY ENTERTAINING

Mods: Please delete if this information was already posted elsewhere.

playonhd.wordpress.com/2010/11/11/playongui2-0-an-ac-ryan-exclusive/
new GUI coming soon. they have promised before the end of the year. looks promising.

Hi guys.My two month old Playon DH just stopped working yesterday. No lights ,sound ,nothing. No even able to power it on !Am a bit worried. Will contact Mr.Rangaprasad from aquatronics and see if he lives up to the promised service.

Spoke to the bangalore office. seems Mr Ranga is out of india and will be back only after 10 days.The informed me that he's the only one capable of handling technical issues and my problem will have to wait till then. Have little choice but to do so. Just my luck.

Hi to all play on owners,

i got play on mini, firmware V-7.0.21 R4321 and system board 1073dd c+and just connect to my old to Sony HCD - rv 900D which has only a input GAME port video, left and right.

am able to get picture and sound ,but audio only stereo ,can i get 5.1 audio with this input.

Need you suggestion how to get 5.1 on my Sony HCD.

Thanks

Hi all,

i communicated with playon support team ,Sony hdc will not support to play 5.1 from playon.

am planning to get ht-s 3305 fron UAE.

its almost 3 days now i have been using playon hd mini ,with latest firmware on playon website ,seems it works fine it can play each and every file which i have.

Thanks to all this is my first buy after going through hifivision discussion since i registered.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back