AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

Hmmm, I read your post there on the POHD forum as well. Lets hope the new firmware has the fix you're asking for.
But how's your experience been so far with the Module? has it met all your expectations?
How's the function of torrents handled? Is it as good as downloading on a laptop?

You're inputs would be helpful.

Hi all,

My 1st post in this topic;

I have recently purchased Playon HD DVR 76120 with wifi dongle for 13.5K and am extremely happy with my purchase. Using it with 2TB WD Cavier Green HDD (purchased for 4.6K); Planning a Panasonic Plasms 42 V20D tomorrow to complement it along with a Tata Sky HD+ PVR.

Have upgraded it to the latest r4824; many upgrades especially in the zoom function;

Some queries-
- Only a single stock playlist is supported; read on playon forum the procedure for multiple playlists, but seems little confusing. Any easy solution for multiple music playlists would be most welcome?
- Does it's remote support a mute function? cant find it....
- How do I watch Youtube through metafeeds or any other way? I have heard many users using it
- How to I add custom rss feeds for indian newschannels like hindustan times, times of india, cnn-ibn, 24x7 etc.

early replies would be most thankful....

Congrats dkaile on your POHD DVR. Yuo got a better deal on the DVR as the best price I know of it in India is 14,275.

Where did you buy your HDD from? Am tempted to buy this one next. I have the P42V20D (bought in Jan) and its a neat Plasma TV :) Colors are cool and not too bright as compared to an LCD IMHO.

How has the experience been so far?
Have you clubbed it to any AVR yet?
Do you experience any heating issues?

I am yet to lay my hands on my POHD (2 days to go now....) so can't answer any of questions, but for #1, if it isn't there, you can point it out as a suggestion in the POHD forums.

Enjoy your buy :)

@snorkel4u - I bought the HDD from Nehru Place, New Delhi with bill and 3 year on site warranty; got the special pricing for AC Ryan from Aqtronics only as my friends and me have bought more than 15 pieces from him;

-Experience has been fantastic and trouble free till now; I upgraded to the latest version as per instructions on their site
- Have bought Tata Sky+HD PVR and will be installing it today; otherwise I have tested recording through AV In and it works fantastic but you need to keep watching the program you see for it to be completely successful
- No heating issues so far and fan noise is negligible from my viewing distance (10')

However i didnt go for 42V20D and chose to go in for Samsung 40" LED instead as I got a fantastic deal; seeing the frequent software updates happening and technical advances in LED TV's, its now time to let go of plasmas forever (after studying their inherent defects in details); details of my purchase are here - http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...ttings-problems-impressions-questions-23.html post #226

Hmm... I read through your post. If your eyes tell you the LED is better over the Plasma then nothing like it. I preferred the Plasma over the LCD for the same reason. I believed what I saw with some researching on my own. I figured the Plasma TVs are also not getting obsolete but are advancing (may be not as fast as LEDs or LCD). I like the colors were very cool to my eyes still staying vivid.
Another reason was, I was getting an extended 3 yr warranty in November 2010 for 60K, so that was an icing on the cake.

am eagerly waiting to get my hands on the POHD, which i hope should be tomorrow night. Haven't got an AVR but should be making up my mind soon.

I have one question which I have PM'd you about. Check it out and let me know.

comparing Plasma's to LCD was another matter; compare them to the latest LED's and u will see a marked difference compared to LCD; LED technology is growing so fast that I would recommend future flat screen buyers to give serious look to LED over Plasmas...

Warranty is ok, but I have always taken risk in that matter and never faced any issues; besides if the set lasts 1-2 month's without issues, then 99% of the case u would have no issues unless you are tremendously unlucky... the price difference aint worth it... I saved a cool 31K over the showroom price I was offered for the same LED...
replied to ur pm...

comparing Plasma's to LCD was another matter; compare them to the latest LED's and u will see a marked difference compared to LCD; LED technology is growing so fast that I would recommend future flat screen buyers to give serious look to LED over Plasmas...

Warranty is ok, but I have always taken risk in that matter and never faced any issues; besides if the set lasts 1-2 month's without issues, then 99% of the case u would have no issues unless you are tremendously unlucky... the price difference aint worth it... I saved a cool 31K over the showroom price I was offered for the same LED...
replied to ur pm...

What if it bombs out with in a month ? :sad:

^
like I said before, I have 2 months "seller warranty"; If such type of products bomb they usually do within the 1st week itself; rest is like share bazar, low risk low gain and more risk more gain; anyways, I have purchased at least 100's of gadgets from india and abroad, mostly cutting edge, and I havnt been unlucky in this regards "so far"; U need to choose your initial source prudently...

^
lolz... bill for gray!!! 90% business in India is still done on trust...

bill for gray :lol: I know crazy.. well if you know the dealer well enough to replace the product incase of issue in 2 months that is good. Otherwise buying big items is huge risk .

Hi All POHD users.
I guess my query is pretty basic but since I don't have my player in my hands yet, I was wondering if I can use my player to get me out of this problem somehow.

Here's the issue.
I have a seagate expansion 1TB (completely full) and another (newly bought) Seagate Goflex 1TB (empty).

The expansion 1TB HDD was my storage center and has loads of movies and data. I never formatted it after opening the box as it was Windows ready. It worked like a charm.

And then few months back it stopped getting recognized by my Laptop. I mean its not DEAD! The data is still there, why? Because, in all probability, I think the file system is corrupted in the Ext 1TB..... Since I connected it a few times to my friends Mac to copy paste data (successfully).

Current State - The drive only gets recognized in Mac Machines. In windows it detects but freezes the computer till you unplug the Hard Drive.

I can't afford to lose the critical data and movies :p

I was wondering if I can connect both, the Expansion and the GoFlex to my POHD, and then transfer data from the First to the GoFlex?

Will I need to -
1.) Format either of the Hard Drives to be used by POHD?
2.) Connect this entire setup to a PC or can we do it without a PC?

I read somewhere that when you insert a 3.5" HDD into the POHD slot you need to format it before you could start using it, since, during the formatting the POHD creates a separate partition (buffer) to store the movie cache.

Your inputs will be really helpful.

^
For networking I ran the attached registry file from Playon site on all my windows 7 machines and named the computer workgroup as "WORKGROUP" and voila was able to access both way communications...

Attachments

• playonhd.zip
    375 bytes · Views: 7
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back