Acer H5370BD - Impressions

If you are getting a side by side image in your pj's output then your 3D format is not selected correctly.

Follow these steps:

1. Switch the 3D mode on.
2. In the same menu select 3D mode or format, do not recollect the option. It should be auto by default. Change it to Half Side by Side. Press the > button on remote to select this format. Selection is not by Ok ir center button, i too faced this confusion.
3. You should now get an overlapped image as an output from the projector.
4. Power on your glasses and wear them. If any distortion try changing the left right sync using a button on the glasses. Atleast the ones I have support this button so hope 3D corp should too.

Another question to you or anyone who owns acer Projectors.

When I switch off the projector, it says 'Press the power switch again to complete shutdown' and when I do this, it goes to shutdown immediately without the fan cooling the bulb. Is this how you do it?

What does 'instant switch off' function do?

For Acer H5370BD I get the same behavior as what you are experiencing Premblr, there is an instant shutdown. There is a menu option of disabling it if you need immediate resume. Let me enable that and revert. As of now, the projector shuts down immediately. Somehow have never heard or noticed fan's sound.

I got to work 3D at last after trying the steps laid down by jsanand. wow, I can't explain how good 3d content is on this projector. The huge screen and the depth of the 3d content makes you watch the clips over and over again.

Another good thing is that RBE is nil with the 3D mode on and also in normal mode now. I kind of don't go searching for it.

Also fixed the projector switch off issue. For the projector to shut down slow, by default 'instant switch off' mode is on, you need to turn that off and enable 'instant switch on' to off. Now it shuts off slowly with the bulb going off slowly.

Prasad, you are welcome to demo the 3D content, I will be completing my setup next week.

@Premblr - How are you planning to keep the HT rigs inside the room? Are you going to use any rack or any conceal type in-wall thing?... Please put some indoor pics of your HT room.

Koushik, I will have some unit under the screen. It may not be an AV rack but more kind of a long LCD TV unit which will have multiple cabinets. Will surely post the interior pics as and when it happens. Right now, wall primer/ putty application work is going on.

Thanks for sharing,I watched 3D at FM house with 3DTV Corp glasses,some clips were played perfectly,but with some,I got eye straining immediately.
If sainsonic is great & looking for Battery powered glasses,then this can be the option-
Specialized in Bluetooth, Ultrasonic, IR technologies. 144HZ Button Battery Powered 3D Active Shutter Glasses For BenQ, Optoma, Acer, Sharp,Mitsubishi Projector - For Acer - 3D Glasses for 3D-Projector - SainSonic 3D Glasses makes from 3D Glasses, Sm

Contrast ratio is more than average glasses.

One question-
Are those(your)Glasses comfortable on ears?Are they tight to use?
my projector is BenQ DLP Projector, I have no idea whether them can match with each other.

Ahh, yes, those look very smart indeed. The lesser the height the better looking they are. I thought something similar.

If you or anybody over here remember a thread, where OP posted some photos where we saw converting a room to dedicated HT room. He made some wall hanging rack. There were some carpenter working. The color theme was green. I couldn't able to find the thread or recall the OP. Can anybody help me please?

Dear All,
After a week of going through all the expert advices, I have almost finalized on
Acer H5370BD and will be buying it in the next 3 months.
Please advice as a first time HT buyer:
Warranty & Service Centers in Bangalore for this product ?
Compatible 3D Glasses ?
Best price for this product ?
Best competitors in this range (Need not be 3D & Budget of 30K to 40K
Will it be too bright to use in Master Bedroom ?

Thanks a Lot again for the support.

will attempt to answer some of these -
Dear All,
After a week of going through all the expert advices, I have almost finalized on
Acer H5370BD and will be buying it in the next 3 months.
Please advice as a first time HT buyer:
Warranty & Service Centers in Bangalore for this product ?

if you are buying it from Acer India, with bill and warranty, Acer's service centers will take care of support. The price indcated on some websites is Rs. 67K not sure of the list price as Acer India's website provides no detail on it.

Compatible 3D Glasses ?

3DCorp Tv Active shutter 3D glasses
Sainsonic Active shutter 3D glasses. Exact link for these are availble in this thread itself.

Best price for this product ?

if you are buying from USA, the USD 399. Newegg.com has been selling it for this price. Not too sure of best retail price or even availability in India.

Best competitors in this range (Need not be 3D & Budget of 30K to 40K
Will it be too bright to use in Master Bedroom ?

It will be bright enough for a good PQ but not overtly bright. Competition, am not the best judge, but Benq 710 ST, Viewsonic PJD5533w were what I was thinking to buy in DLP before finalizing on this one.

Thanks a Lot again for the support.

Update, I set up the projector with proper settings with my Panasonic blue ray player. The output quality when you play a bluray disc is real cinema quality. Previously my blueray player was output at 720p which now is at 1080p. The projector has now really come to life and even street DVDs are really good.

IMG1975_zpsbfefed60.jpg

IMG1976_zps3323ffb1.jpg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back