Acer H5370BD - Impressions

Thanks a lot, Anand.
I have options of getting it from US, UK and Dubai. Will there be any difference in quality if I buy it from Dubai ? Also, will this be serviced in India ?

Is USD 399 the best price even on amazon ?

Will it be possible to post some more pics highlighting the following:
projector distance from screen
brightness from projector in room once lights are off at night
It would be great if you can post a youtube link of the same.
Can you also please upload the latest pics again... links not working now ???

Apologies for going into specifics but I am confused whether to place it in Master Bed room or Hall would be a better option ? Thanks again.

At last, I have placed the order for the projector. Using ishopinternational service. Hope to receive the product in 10 -15 days.

It came to 36304INR including shipping and duty:sad:. There seem to be increase in the duty from last week it seems. Still it seems to be a good deal for hd and 3D.

Congratulations Kaptan :clapping:....good to see another member being added to projector owner club.

Thanks a lot, Anand.
I have options of getting it from US, UK and Dubai. Will there be any difference in quality if I buy it from Dubai ? Also, will this be serviced in India ?

Is USD 399 the best price even on amazon ?

Not sure of the availability and price in Dubai. There is no reason for difference in quality though. Servicing as I said you will need to pay and get it done. There is no international warranty available.

Will it be possible to post some more pics highlighting the following:
projector distance from screen
brightness from projector in room once lights are off at night
It would be great if you can post a youtube link of the same.
Can you also please upload the latest pics again... links not working now ???

Apologies for going into specifics but I am confused whether to place it in Master Bed room or Hall would be a better option ? Thanks again.

i am travelling at the moment...can post some more pics once I am back.

Now I need to look for a good screen. I have planned to get them from chennai. What will be the best screen size to go for. My Room is 15 x 10 I will be going for a manual pull down 16:9 screen.

I have posted the from side of the room, The shelf will be 10 cm front. Its difficult to place the projector screen spine straight away above the shelf.

Any inputs?and my budget is 4K for the screen..

Last edited:
Congrats Kaptan, the acer club is going and we all can share a lot of good details like good settings etc.

BTW, your diagram is a bit confusing. Can you paste a better picture?

I am able to get a 120 inch diagonal screen size from around 14 feet throw. Your screen size depends on the throw distance. Also bigger screen sizes, you need to sit back to avoid seeing the pixels.

Sure Prem, I will try to post some pictures if possible. so that we can decide on that. I am planning to buy a manual pull down screen. How much will be the price for that. any ideas?

Have read these ebay Swastik screens to be quite reflective. Do check on screens information posted by diplomat.

Now I need to look for a good screen. I have planned to get them from chennai. What will be the best screen size to go for. My Room is 15 x 10 I will be going for a manual pull down 16:9 screen.

I have posted the from side of the room, The shelf will be 10 cm front. Its difficult to place the projector screen spine straight away above the shelf.

Any inputs?and my budget is 4K for the screen..

Kaptan,

Last week I inquired with most of the dealers in Chennai and most of them were having only the 4:3 screen for ready stock. While a 16:9 liberty grand view screen will take minimum of 1 week for delivery.

Please refer my thread for the screen that I have purchased and I will shortly add few screenshots.

For acer5370,what specifications can be considered before buying Screen?

Say Material,Gain etc as this PJ is brighter.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back