Acoustic Portrait Swara Amplifiers

captrajesh

Staff member
Hi friends,

I got a mailer from the folks of Acoustic Portrait that a limited quantity of the acclaimed Swara Pre and Power amplifiers are available at a discounted rate:
1) Swara Preamplifier : Rs.26,800/-
2) Swara Power Amplifier : Rs.24,900/-
3) Swara Pre & Power Combo : Rs.50,000/-
4) Speaker Cable (2.5 Meter Pair) : Rs. 12,400/-

Limited quantities available from fresh stock. Please contact us at 9845517730 for additional details.
UNQUOTE

A Golden chance for those contemplating to buy some VFM audio gear.

Disclaimer: I have no interest, neither personal nor professional, in the above sale and am posting this as a previous owner of the great gear only for the benefit of the FMs.

That speaker cable is very good. Was better than my transparent Music LInk +

Hi all,

Just spoke to Mr.Shiva of AP, he is willing to give a money back guarantee, for a week, if you are not satisfied with the product. Just thinking of auditioning the power amp. Can any body tell if it will match with PSB Image speakers, so that I can take a plunge.

N.Murali

Hi all,

Just spoke to Mr.Shiva of AP, he is willing to give a money back guarantee, for a week, if you are not satisfied with the product. Just thinking of auditioning the power amp. Can any body tell if it will match with PSB Image speakers, so that I can take a plunge.

N.Murali

I think FM Nikhil has PSB Image Floorstanders that he has paired with AP Pre-power combo; though I think the pre-power he has is a higher end version than the Swara. But I guess the sound signature would be similiar.

I had corresponded with Nikhil when I was considering buying the Swara pre-power. He had high praise for AP equipment. Ultimately, I did not go down that route since I was unable to audition them, and did not want to make a blind buy.

Best,
APK

ANM,

I got this email from Shiva couple of days back. You may want to check this out. I think its a super deal :).

---------------------------------------------

Friends,

Based on the HagDAC module (PCM1704), we made a custom dac with tube output stage (ECC88) with very high quality components. It took an investment of about Rs.68k to make this for a friend.

Its housed in our high-end aluminum chassis with teak wood on the front and also on sides.

This output stage is similar to what we had used in our TDA1541A tube dac (But with even better components and chassis). Only SPDIF input. You need to use external USB-2-SPDIF convertor for using with USB.

Expected price : Rs.29,800/-

Regards
Siva.

Hi all,

N.Murali

Go for it. These amps will beautifully drive your Image B6 bookshelf speakers.

Hey Guys...

Really need your help here. I am at the height of confusion.......

Was thinking of Viren Ji's 2A3 Set. Then a lot of posts tilted my decision towards a good pre + value for money power combo. Like Norge 1200 power plus a decent preamplifier. Then came a lot of threads advocating Rega Integrated. The other option is Emotiva. And now this AP pre-pro. If you look at them, they all fall under 50-55K category. Not to mention the HiFi Mart Marantz options as well.
And it is not possible to have a hearing of all of them. So what would be the most value for money 50K two channel configuration.

Once i get this right, i will concentrate on Source and Speakers.

Please help.

A reasonably good system can be built around any of these amps. They all have different signatures, mostly subtle differences in the presentation, timing, speed, warmth etc. You need to listen to systems built around any of these amps and decide which sound you like. Perhaps set aside some time to listen to FMs systems and it will help to make up your mind. if you ask an open-ended question like the one above, you will get advocates of each and every component that will only serve to confuse and frustrate you further. Remember in audio it is hard to be wrong if you are the judge and you like what after all you will be listening to.

Hey Guys...

Was thinking of Viren Ji's 2A3 Set. Then a lot of posts tilted my decision towards a good pre + value for money power combo. Like Norge 1200 power plus a decent preamplifier. Then came a lot of threads advocating Rega Integrated. The other option is Emotiva. And now this AP pre-pro. If you look at them, they all fall under 50-55K category. Not to mention the HiFi Mart Marantz options as well.
And it is not possible to have a hearing of all of them. So what would be the most value for money 50K two channel configuration.

Please help.

get the speaker first. that is the most crucial component and must be matched to your room/usage/kind of music and presentation

Amp comes after that an you get one that matches the best with the speaker and able to drive it..the amp choice does not really change the fundamental presentation of the speaker so IMHO the best sequence to do this

AP Amps are very neutral and revealing for the price..so match it with a wrong speaker and you will not be happy

E

ANM,

I got this email from Shiva couple of days back. You may want to check this out. I think its a super deal :).

Friends,

Based on the HagDAC module (PCM1704), we made a custom dac with tube output stage (ECC88) with very high quality components. It took an investment of about Rs.68k to make this for a friend.

Its housed in our high-end aluminum chassis with teak wood on the front and also on sides.

This output stage is similar to what we had used in our TDA1541A tube dac (But with even better components and chassis). Only SPDIF input. You need to use external USB-2-SPDIF convertor for using with USB.

Regards
Siva.

This is a steal at this price!
Venu

ANM,

Friends,

Regards
Siva.

Unfortunately this is not available anymore. Just checked with AP. :(

Hey Guys...

Please help.

Go for the AP Pre Power amp combination. It is head and shoulders above all the makes you have mentioned.

Last edited:
Nikhil,

The amp on sale is not same as what you have. I think this is 75W/ch

Regards
Venu

Hi Venu,

Yes these are the Swaras. They should easily drive most speakers at 75W.
FM Rohit from Pune is running them with his Paradigm FS and is quite happy after changing his cables + ICs.

75W is plenty of power for most speakers in your average rooms.

Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back