Acoustic treatment cost

krishnamurthy

I have been provided quotes over the phone at 300-350 rupees/sq.ft that included diffusers, bass traps, acoustic panels, which I felt was excessive.

What would be a reasonable price for good quality product (formaldehyde free) in Bangalore? Who are the reliable suppliers over here?

I have been provided quotes over the phone at 300-350 rupees/sq.ft that included diffusers, bass traps, acoustic panels, which I felt was excessive.

300-350 is a very reasonable quote. If you go to branded panels, prices will shoot to 400-500.

Cheers

Is price the only thing you check when looking to do acoustics of your room? Do you check the test results of the panels? And how do you decide how much absorption or diffusion you need in your room?

What would be a reasonable price for good quality product (formaldehyde free) in Bangalore? Who are the reliable suppliers over here?

DIY works out a whole lot cheaper. 8 panels (3 x 2 ) cost me a lot lesser. These were rockwool and pinewood. The idea ofc started by looking at what several FM had posted, and a whole lot of experimentation, filling out WAF forms etc. I still have not got the <kof koff> designer covers done yet. YMMV. There is that small but horribly crucial step about actually measuring your room response and getting things done the correct way which I had to skip (budget/ lack of knowledge and equipment), does your quote include that, if yes then may be it is worthwhile, else you can probably do better by yourself

ciao
gr

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back