Active subwoofer and centre speaker for wharfedale 10.6 towers and marantz 1506

kaushik_dhume

Dear friends.kindly advise. I own a marantz avr 1506 with wharfedale 10.6 tower speakers.looking to buy a powered subwoofer and a centre speaker to go with this setup.could you help me out on the same.I am not a big movie buff and am not looking for something too expensive and loud.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Dear friends.kindly advise. I own a marantz avr 1506 with wharfedale 10.6 tower speakers.looking to buy a powered subwoofer and a centre speaker to go with this setup.could you help me out on the same.I am not a big movie buff and am not looking for something too expensive and loud.

If your Movie watching is going to be limited, then why do you want to spend on a center and a sub? Are the towers not producing enough bass? If you room is symmetrical and have rear surrounds, your towers can double up as center speakers too. The receiver will automatically send the center channel to the front speakers.

If this is possible, then you can look at spending on a DAC.
If not
Then Subs from Polk, SVS, Velodyne, etc are quite good. I am using a Wharfedale sw150 and very happy with it.

MaSh

I have not yet started using my speakers. But thought il buy a subwoofer so tat I can plan my furniture based on the dimensions of subwoofer.I don't have surround speakers. So do u think I should skip the subwoofer for now and probably go for a centre speaker alone ?

Hi,

The towers you have are capable of providing good bass unless you want more low frequency...that's where a sub does the needful....now it depends on how much low frequency you want...the more lower or closer to 20hz....the bigger and powerful sub in most cases is required....

SVS, Polk (DSP Pro series), Velodyne, BIC America etc have good subs which perform well for music as well as movies....

Depending on your budget, purchase the sub which suits your expectation. Audition a few brands to get a better understanding and then start shortlisting.

There are sometimes good deals on For Sale by owner section or Hi Fi Ads....provided you are open to pre owned.

I have not yet started using my speakers. But thought il buy a subwoofer so tat I can plan my furniture based on the dimensions of subwoofer.I don't have surround speakers. So do u think I should skip the subwoofer for now and probably go for a centre speaker alone ?

If I were you, I would start using my speakers first for at least 2 months. I would then add a Sub iff I want more bass. Center is part of a 5.x or above setup. Get that when you get your surrounds.

MaS

If I were you, I would start using my speakers first for at least 2 months. I would then add a Sub iff I want more bass. Center is part of a 5.x or above setup. Get that when you get your surrounds.

MaS
Alright.will go by your advise bi think

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back