Adding Bluetooth to Harman Kardon System

KetanHS100

Hello Team - I am looking for advise on how to add Bluetooth to my Harman Kardon HS 100 home theatre. Is this possible to stream music and not just rely on Compact Disc (which are rare to find now).

Please help.

Regards,
Ketan

Hi Ketan

Would suggest first you check the Owners Manual or Operating Manual if the HS 100 has a provision to connect a Bluetooth streaming device (Logitech).

A simple google search would also yield some answers.....all the best.....

Thank you Ashsih, Arun and Efernand for your inputs.

@Efernand - is there an output on the AV receiver I should check to connect Bluetooth?

Regards,
Ketan

Thank you friends. While I have also posted query to individuals on how exactly to setup bluetooth with my AV receiver. More specific info on where and how to connect/setup the bluetooth device for listening to music on mobile phone with digital streaming. Which input on AV receiver to connect the Bluetooth

Please help.

Regards,
Ketan

Bluetooth is outdated and very unstable technology. This should not be used in any streaming solution IMHO.

The cheapest and best possible option would be adding a Chromecast Audio and connect its digital output to HK's coax digital input.

I think you will have a proper streaming solution over WiFi and the best part is, you can stream from your Android phone.

Bluetooth is outdated and very unstable technology. This should not be used in any streaming solution IMHO.

The cheapest and best possible option would be adding a Chromecast Audio and connect its digital output to HK's coax digital input.

I think you will have a proper streaming solution over WiFi and the best part is, you can stream from your Android phone.

No comments. But this has been working very well (no fuss), have been using it for past 5 months, no issues. Sound quality is also very good

No comments. But this has been working very well (no fuss), have been using it for past 5 months, no issues. Sound quality is also very good

If you are happy with it..nothing like it.

But, if anyone is building their system from ground up, my suggestion might help them out. And I haven't come across any audiophile/hifi setup till date that uses Bluetooth anywhere in the chain.

If you are happy with it..nothing like it.

But, if anyone is building their system from ground up, my suggestion might help them out. And I haven't come across any audiophile/hifi setup till date that uses Bluetooth anywhere in the chain.

Sure, you might be correct. But the practicality is today how many of us are really having content to even exploit the best audiophile gadget. I attempted long back to own a wadia 170itransport ipod dock which would bypass DAC circuitry of ipod and feed digital output to amp. Got from USA. Also loaded .wav/lossless format of music in ipod. Then I was not able to sustain for 2 reasons, 1.]Its becoming near to impossible now to get all the music you like in .WAV format 2.]The ease of use was almost not there unlike you hear music on go. Many famous audio shops have now shut down as they were not able to do any business due to internet. Now people prefer listening music on their mobile and stream out of it to their bluetooth headphones. I don't think even having a Chromcast should be an audiophile choice.

Sure, you might be correct. But the practicality is today how many of us are really having content to even exploit the best audiophile gadget. I attempted long back to own a wadia 170itransport ipod dock which would bypass DAC circuitry of ipod and feed digital output to amp. Got from USA. Also loaded .wav/lossless format of music in ipod. Then I was not able to sustain for 2 reasons, 1.]Its becoming near to impossible now to get all the music you like in .WAV format 2.]The ease of use was almost not there unlike you hear music on go. Many famous audio shops have now shut down as they were not able to do any business due to internet. Now people prefer listening music on their mobile and stream out of it to their bluetooth headphones. I don't think even having a Chromcast should be an audiophile choice.

First of all iPod is not an audiophile player. Secondly I don't believe putting a $1000 interconnect or $1000 USB cable against an entry level (say $500 dac or amp) will not do justice to the setup or to the wallet. Everything has a price point.
For this very obvious reason, I think hk $900 entry level system needs something inexpensive (say $35) to get thing going.
Yes I do consider that cca is not an audiophile streamer anyway, but again will a Lynn streamer do justice in this setup? I don't think so.

Last edited:
First of all iPod is not an audiophile player.

Buddy, looks like you didnt even google for wadia 170itransport :) , just went by ipod doc sadly.....

"The 170iTransport bypasses the digital to analog
conversion and analog output stage from the iPod. By providing a pure digital
audio output from your iPod, the 170iTransport enables performance that is only
limited by the resolution of the audio files stored on your iPod, and the overall
quality of your audio system. In other words, the 170iTransport makes it possible
to achieve true audiophile performance from your iPod."

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back