Advance TL Box - Philips Hi-Q Full Range Driver

Hari Iyer

I have a pair of Vintage Philips HQ speaker (8") gifted to me by our FM 'Shafic'. I measured this driver last month and have simulated an advance TL enclosure with this. Unfortunately the size of the box is a bit largish and unwieldy for Mumbai type homes. The boxes dimensions (outer) work out approximately as H-33" x W-17" x D-17" which is impossible for my home. Other than the large box dimension its an excellent driver to use. The perfect amplifiers will be any 'Tube amp" or similar with output around 3 watts to 35 Watts. The measured SPL is 91 dB which is quite sensitive even for an SET amp.

Any FM looking for an economical build with the most advanced Transmission Line technology using vintage drivers can PM me for details.

skyreq.jpg

Yes, but they do not belong to me but to FM 'Shafic'. You need to contact him in case you want to buy. You can pick the drivers from me once you have negotiated the amount with Shafic'.

Cheers,

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back