OR

JBL ES 80 (NEW)

KEF VS JBL which speaker better

or any thing else in budget under75k

Last edited:
thank You Koushik!
The reason for opting for floorstander is that,
I feel tower is better than bookshelf
10X15 room size (I know it's smaller area)
But I personally like floorstander
infact I love floorstander.
Its a request, please suggest
me good floorstander speakers only
it will be great if any speaker is sorted from my options given above.
Or if you have any thing better than this?
As I need low heighted towerspeakers.
Your suggestions are warmly welcomed.

Can you listen to them with your amp or have you narrowed them down after listening to them ?
cyber_cat
Can you listen to them with your amp or have you narrowed them down
after listening to them ?

actually this all are short highted tower
kef iq 50 se and kef q500 checked
not jbl es 80
but getting jbl from friend (not used)

for a 10 by 15.. a standmount is hugely recommended but since you are looking at towers.. well. you may like to look at the tannoy V4 floorstander of the tannoy DC6T.. the former will be < 40k and the latter about 70k i think.

I have heard the V4 and i liked it very much though i 2nd the opinion to lug your amp along to alliance4 in goregaon in mumbai and hear it for your self.

the other way to look at it is since your room is smaller.. try front ported floorstanders so you are more flexible on the placement front.

sometimes what you end up with is not what you shortlisted and therefore nothing beats an audition with all the mentioned speakers in your budget.

Do visit imperial audio in fort and try your amp with the MA Rx2.. you may be in for a surprise.

But ofcourse.. YMMV..

mpw

+1 for the Tannoy V4s. Heard those with a Denon (AVR though) and they sounded great. At around 36k they are great value. You could also give the Usher V-602 a try. The brawnier V-604s are just slightly above your specified budget. Give those a try.

Hi Mukesh, if U are looking at floorstanders then I would advice Hari Iyer's ATL (Advanced Transmission Line) speakers.. They sound excellent:) I got my pair a few days back.Crisp & clear highs, powerful vocals & very tight & Deep bass, no boom.You will not be disappointed with the ATL's.

Attachments

• DSC02745.jpg
    DSC02745.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 210
My (limited) experience leads me to believe that towers must be avoided unless based on transmission-line/quarter-wave/folded-horn principles. In other words, bass-reflex port towers are a No-No for me now. I am through with those for good.

Secondly, we need to stop thinking of towers as pieces of furniture that look more "swanky". The additional swank factor is not incremental to sound quality in most ported designs. In ones that it is, are beyond my budget. In any case, even if I had that kind of budget, I would have gone in for an alternate design ie other than ported/bass reflex.

HTH, Cheerio.

hi Mukesh,
Can I get your contacts, its regarding the Denon amp. I am not able to reply to your post or contact you. is it 982*****66
Regards,
Rohan

Check the Sonodyne Avant 345 FS... retails around 70K something...I think Sonodyne would have a listening room in Mumbai...Give them a try...

Classy looking speakers...Actually no other brand can match it in build...Because it is die cast aluminium :)...

The KEF P700, Monitor Audio RX6 and Tannoy Revolotion DC6T-SE are great speakers to begin with. Audition these speakers and also brands like Dali Ikon, Paradigm Monitor, Focal 7xx, Polk Rti, Wharfadale Diamond etc. and decide for your self.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back