Advise for used Elac Sub

diliplp

Getting used elac sub 50 esp at approx 15k.

I am no audophile, I tested it and I find it good, more than enough bass for my room.

It can go as low as 28hz as per specs. I tested some test files and it plays all well. It is in pristine condition, no problem IMO.

My budget for new sub is 22k.

Current Setup: Denon X2300W with Zensor 1 stereo pair.

My query : It is year 2005 model, should I buy current model ? Will I get better model in my budget ?

Appreciate your advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting used elac sub 50 esp at approx 15k.

I am no audophile, I tested it and I find it good, more than enough bass for my room.

If it is working well and suits your requirements, you can go ahead. I guess in that price range you can consider Polk PSW110 which in my opinion is just Ok.

Try Taga Harmony 10" sub which is having some good reviews from our forum members. It may fit in the budget. Please check it.

Where is this available for 15k?

MaSh

If it is working well and suits your requirements, you can go ahead. I guess in that price range you can consider Polk PSW110 which in my opinion is just Ok.

It is working well, however I am not 100% satisfied with bass. I did demo of Paragidm CT100 sub and that was also not 100% satisfactory.

I don't know if its is my room or sub, I tried placing sub at different places, I have edifier sub too, I try running both of them simultaneously. but that theatre like bass was missing.

My setup is in living room with lots of things to reflect to.

I am afraid if I spend much and get better sub, even though this parameters will affect the sound.

Where is this available for 15k?
MaSh
My budget for new sub is 22k, that's why he is referring Taga.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Hi

Firstly see what low frequencies the Z1s can output, based on that you need to select the subwoofer.....no point getting a sub which can go only low around 10-15hz less than the Z1s.....remember good subwoofers which can perform lower than 24/25hz are expensive but are excellent....placement of subs, ported or sealed design etc also matter...

I would suggest using the same music / content as reference when auditioning different subs so you get a reference calculation on what to shortlist and finalise.

I have the Elac esp 111.2 (8 inch woofer)paired with Rave bookshelves. Elac build quality is excellent for the price. Paid 20k 3 years ago. works great for a room 12X16. If you have a bigger room you might need more power/ bigger woofer sub. Placement is key for any subwoofer to perform well.

It is working well, however I am not 100% satisfied with bass. I did demo of Paragidm CT100 sub and that was also not 100% satisfactory.

I don't know if its is my room or sub, I tried placing sub at different places, I have edifier sub too, I try running both of them simultaneously. but that theatre like bass was missing.

My setup is in living room with lots of things to reflect to.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

A sub in my opinion needs to be dialed in to the room and it takes time. I have never managed to get my subs to work right away. If the sub is good and working well, spend a couple of days with it, moving it around, adjusting the crossovers, playing your track again and again to find the best settings and location.

Theater you mean, the commercial theaters? I would not compare a home theater to that. A lot goes into making the theater sound the way it does. Just trust your ears and make your setup sound the best possible to you in your room.

I am in the same boat as you, picked a new Sub just yesterday and have just started playing with it. This one must be my third or fourth Sub:eek:hyeah:. Its a very basic, simple and cheap Sub. On first feel, it has potential. Need to extract it in the coming days. Hopefully by weekend it will be ready to deliver.

MaSh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back