Affordable 4K projectors

ItsMe

I maybe travelling to US for business purpose in November, which luckily is coinciding with the US thanks giving day. I would like to search for an affordable 4K projector during this time, and what I have in my mind is Optoma UHD60 4K Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector. Currently its selling for $1900, but I have a feeling that the price will come down by half during thanksgiving which will give me a good opportunity to grab it. The projector has good review and seems to be of a great value to me.
Would like to hear from fellow members about their thoughts / advise on this or if they can suggest cost effective alternatives.

I maybe travelling to US for business purpose in November, which luckily is coinciding with the US thanks giving day. I would like to search for an affordable 4K projector during this time, and what I have in my mind is Optoma UHD60 4K Ultra High Definition Home Theater Projector. Currently its selling for $1900, but I have a feeling that the price will come down by half during thanksgiving which will give me a good opportunity to grab it. The projector has good review and seems to be of a great value to me.
Would like to hear from fellow members about their thoughts / advise on this or if they can suggest cost effective alternatives.
4k is no doubt great. I haven't seen any 4k pj in action yet. But from my fhd pj demo, I found LCDs are better than DLPs. IMHO only.

One more thing, uhd 60 or uhd 65 don't have placement flexibility i.e. horizontal lens shift. Which means pj should be facing directly to the center of the screen. Please do consider these facts before investing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Apparently optoma doesn't have true 4k projector yet. They use special processing to fill the missed dots (learnt from Google). Sony only has native 4k projector with SXRD technology. Their cheapest model has been launched recently at $5000, the VPL-VW285ES. Not available in India yet.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Horizontal lense shift maynot be an issue for me, as I have ceiling mounted my previous PJ and have a placeholder there. If its not native 4K, I think I may need to rethink once again before spending this much. Will go through reviews once again before I take a call

yes dr rocket is correct only sony has native 4k chip
if u can grab a sony projector during thanks giving sale then it will be worth

Thats in the range of $5k, which translates to around 3L INR - not my territory. I may be facing a divorce letter, if I spend that amount on a PJ :lol:

Look at Optoma UHD65, yes not true 4K but awesome picture quality & frame interpolation does really give the results. India price is 4.25L which is really sad, else would have bought it. Hope you have a good screen as well as both projector & screen are 50/50 partners in achieving quality picture.

Good luck

This is a very rapidly evolving technology area. Personally, I would hesitate to invest a great deal of money. 4k projectors are still very much a niche and consequently are quite expensive.

But more importantly, I strongly feel that laser projectors will be the future. Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector is already selling for $1500. This is a short throw projector so you can place it in a media cabinet instead of ceiling mounting it. It does not need bulb changes and has a life that equals regular TVs. But perhaps the game changer is the fact that it is capable of 5000 lumen brightness levels which means you can watch this in daylight living room conditions.

All this is just theoretical - but as I understand even the projector you have mentioned, Optoma UHD60, is not true 4k. My point is, it might be better to get a more established and cheaper 1080p projector until 4k and laser projectors become mainstream in a couple of years.

This is a very rapidly evolving technology area. Personally, I would hesitate to invest a great deal of money. 4k projectors are still very much a niche and consequently are quite expensive.

But more importantly, I strongly feel that laser projectors will be the future. Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector is already selling for $1500. This is a short throw projector so you can place it in a media cabinet instead of ceiling mounting it. It does not need bulb changes and has a life that equals regular TVs. But perhaps the game changer is the fact that it is capable of 5000 lumen brightness levels which means you can watch this in daylight living room conditions.

All this is just theoretical - but as I understand even the projector you have mentioned, Optoma UHD60, is not true 4k. My point is, it might be better to get a more established and cheaper 1080p projector until 4k and laser projectors become mainstream in a couple of years.

Thanks. Any recommendation on cheaper 1080p projectors?

take demo's wherever possible and buy the one which gives you sense of best pic quality. as advised earlier, do not skimp on screen

Thanks. Any recommendation on cheaper 1080p projectors?
If you are looking for good PQ, you may look at Epson 3700. You might get it below $1000 during black friday sale. I use it's predecessor 3500 which I got during last year's black friday @ $800 only [emoji4]. I'm loving every bit of it.

take demo's wherever possible and buy the one which gives you sense of best pic quality. as advised earlier, do not skimp on screen

Any suggestion on good affordable screen which I can procure online in India?

I guess the answer is here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...ue-4k-hdr-home-cinema-projector/#2647be8f1aeb

If you are looking for good PQ, you may look at Epson 3700. You might get it below $1000 during black friday sale. I use it's predecessor 3500 which I got during last year's black friday @ $800 only [emoji4]. I'm loving every bit of it.

Have you compared 3700 with Epson TW5300? The former has 70,000 contrast ratio while the latter has 35,000 but the price difference is also quite high.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back