AirTel Digital TV or Videocon D2H? Please input your suggestions.

D2H HD basic box has recording and live pause feature. I find the feature very useful as it helps to skip unwanted ads.

No one needs recording until they experience it first hand. Nothing better than being able to catch up with your fav programmes whenever you have the time. And not to mention, the ability to skip all the ads. Best part is, there is no degradation in PQ which you'd get with any other way of recording tv be it a PC capture card or a VCR (if anyone still uses those things) or anything else. It's made my TV viewing experience atleast ten times better if not more. Can't watch live tv for anything else other than the odd cricket match.
I really am glad to hear that you like it, but really it won't do any good to me, the only thing I watch or will watch will be football, and I don't watch delayed matches, when I don't get time to watch a live match I simply download it from YouTube.

Got the connection today, activated within couple of hours. I am stunned by the picture quality, and I don't mean HD, but SD. There's a heaven and hell difference in picture quality for SD channels in comparison to my Hathway! It's not good though, my parents are not leaving me the T.V. :( And I won't talk about the picture quality of HD channels, but I can't wait to buy the new T.V......
Anyway, I have a thing to ask, they connected the STB via HDMI with the T.V., is that the correct procedure? Because the persons who came to install weren't of much knowledge sorry to say.

^ ^ ^ ^
Which TV do you have currently? Which one are you upgrading to? Do you have an AV Receiver set up? If yes, do you wish to route the TV audio through the receiver on to your speakers?

If you don't have a receiver, then your current connection (via HDMI) is the correct one. If you do have a receiver, then you have 2 options:

1) Keep the current HDMI connection to your TV, and connect a coaxial (or optical) cable from your STB to your receiver for getting sound via the receiver.

2) Connect the HDMI from the STB to the receiver, and connect another HDMI cable from the receiver (HDMI OUT) to the TV. However, every time you watch TV, you'll have to start the receiver.

Umm, I don't know that much stuffs actually. Well my TV is old Sony Bravia, KLV26S200A. And I don't have any speaker connected to it, and I won't. It's all the crappy T.V. speakers.
And I have a plan to upgrade to 32" or 42" Sony W650A, depending on my budget, which will be done by next month end, and I won't be connecting my speakers too it either.

Okay thanks.
May I know why I was not given all the HD channels? Movies Now, Star Movies, Star World, Ten etc channels are not available. Is that because they didn't take any money for HD for first month or what?
PS: I see that my SMS says I have the Mega HD Lite pack, which will be Rs.470 after the free period. But what the heck is this Mega HD Lite thing? I don't see anything mentioned as same on their website!

Last edited:
Okay thanks.
May I know why I was not given all the HD channels? Movies Now, Star Movies, Star World, Ten etc channels are not available. Is that because they didn't take any money for HD for first month or what?
PS: I see that my SMS says I have the Mega HD Lite pack, which will be Rs.470 after the free period. But what the heck is this Mega HD Lite thing? I don't see anything mentioned as same on their website!

This pack does not give all HD chs. ULTRA HD Pack gives all chs at Rs 605, now u will realize why Videocon d2h was much better, u would have got 22 HD chs and 240 sd chs at Rs 480

I don't need those many SD channels! And please don't bring Videocon here, I'm completely happy with my purchase and I am a person who believes that more price is always justified for quality.
Besides what's Ultra HD Pack? The HD pack they have is of Rs.175, and it provides all the HD channels, the number is 17 I guess. Ultra is the name of the the SD pack :-\

^^ If your question is about Videocon then yes, you will get all HD channels except the newly added Star World Premium for Rs.175/-. I changed my package to south silver Rs.165/- + hd addon Rs.175/- (approximate price, don't remember the exact rate).

Last edited:
Cool down man! I thought you were asking about Rs.175/- HD package of Videocon,
I didn't know that mentioning Videocon irritates you!

I hv 2 RDTV(1SD & 1HD,1ADTV HD & 1D2H HD connected ton29"CRT.RDTV is the best in PQ of SD channels.D2H & ADTV PQ is more or less same.Have 1 TATASKY HD & 2ADTV HD at inlaws place.TATASKY shines good on 22" LCD but looses ground to ADTV on 32" LED in SD channels.Even ADTV SD channels look bad if not wost on a 46" PLASMA.Regarding sound, heard on ADTV in homectheater which sounded good.rest all heard only on tv speakers.so cant comment on them.Regarding packages, RDTV and D2H are economical.I short:best PQ+cost effective:RDTV, decent PQ+good sound+least rain effected+less lagging interface=ADTV, good PQ+good sound+cost effective+more channels=D2H, ok PQ+good sound=TATASKY.dont want to comment on DISHVTV or SUN DIRECT (notoriously famous for bad PQ).

Cool down man! I thought you were asking about Rs.175/- HD package of Videocon,
I didn't know that mentioning Videocon irritates you!
Yeah it irritates me slightly, because I don't like to talk OFF TOPIC! And I was cool, I'm sorry if were hurt in any way.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back