AirTel Digital TV or Videocon D2H? Please input your suggestions.

But that means there is some memory inside the box? I thought you required a USB drive for recording?

But that means there is some memory inside the box? I thought you required a USB drive for recording?
Pretty sure you do need an external hdd. Without the usb hdd, there will be no recording or live pause options.

I did, tell me one thing, if I pay Rs.175 per month (other than whatever SD package I select) then will I get all the HD channels or not?
No. You cannot watch any channels if your base package is not active.
Ex., I have subscribed for South Value Pack Rs.175 + HD Full Rs.175
In order to watch my HD Full, my South Value Pack should be active.

No. You cannot watch any channels if your base package is not active.
Ex., I have subscribed for South Value Pack Rs.175 + HD Full Rs.175
In order to watch my HD Full, my South Value Pack should be active.
Dude I know that. My question was if I pay 175 rupees will I be able to watch all the HD channels? The answer should have been YES. I am on Mega SD pack, which is the base pack, I think anyone by now knows there must be some sort of base pack needed to use any DTH or even cable STB :cool:
PS: So far I am impressed with their service, the picture quality is awesome, as well as sound, only if there were no interruptions while raining everything would be perfect.

Last edited:
I think Videocond2h has a purely a la carte option which requires no base pack. Only requirement is minimum Rs 150 worth of channels.

hello guys, I am new in hifi vision.
I think Airtel has the best picture quality in both SD or HD. Unfotunately I have got to connect d2h in my home because airtel dth signal was not received to the antenna in the required level because of obstacles by some trees. My friend have connected airtel dth. picture quality is awesome than my d2h. minute pits and spots on the faces of the characters are very much defined and picture sharpness is good in airtel. I feel in d2h pictures are over brightened and have no sharpness. And supplied insruments like stb and remote control are very low quality. Functions are slow in software manner. finishing of the rear side of stb is poor quality like Chinese low class products. And also all unit are like toys.
I cannot say anything about the digital sound because I dont have home theatre system. but I doubt whether i will get the dolby digital sound because there is not shown the dolby trademark on stb. Other dth providers shown this. I hope to get dolby sound.
Remember these opinion are only on my eye sight, not on the technical studies.Thanks...

Hi,
Planning to buy Videocon d2h HD, called Videocon online and compared with ebay.in. but ebay giving 15% discount where as videocon d2h online none.

Checked with videocon online sales guy said, ebay supplying old model HD box but they were giving new model, is that true or he just bluff me.

Thanks for your inputs.

Hi,
Planning to buy Videocon d2h HD, called Videocon online and compared with ebay.in. but ebay giving 15% discount where as videocon d2h online none.

Checked with videocon online sales guy said, ebay supplying old model HD box but they were giving new model, is that true or he just bluff me.

Thanks for your inputs.

I would advise not to go with D2h. A year ago things were different. D2H was VFM. But now the rates are at par with TS & Airtel. While still the nagging issues remain...slow speed and crappy remote.

For quite sometime now the SQ is also bad. For many channels we can't hear what dialogues are being spoken.

Apart from my personal opinion, clearly TS is better than D2H in all aspects. Now when the cost for both is the same, it is advisable to go with TS.

Regards,
Moshel

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

Please visit komparify.com https://www.komparify.com/
They offer a good price for D2H connections. I have bought my D2H from them and they provide good customer services and installed it within 24hrs.

Dear all,

I'm kind of confused after reading this thread.

Before I ask your opinion let me tell the setup I've.

Samsung 6 series 40 inch smart led tv
an existing sd d2h connection
new samsung 32 inch smart tv.
samsung 5.1 blueray home theater

Now I did some research and found that PQ of d2h is 1080P, whereas ADTV & TS is offering 1080i, is still d2h quality so bad?
initially I was panning to have additional d2hhd multi room connection for my 40 inch tv and use sd for 32 inch. now after reading this what do you guys suggest, please note I want a recording solution but the USB recording sounds good to me.

Would like to mention my flat is at 1st floor in a 6 floor building, with all the wiring done internally, so distance of my dish from set top box will be good healthy 6+ stories i.e. approx 80-90 feet and if I include the internal wiring length it may be as long as 120-130 feet.

Shall I go for a new multi setup from ADTV or TS, else one additional hd set top box from d2h will do the trick.

Please help.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back