Airtel or Dish tv or Videocon

guys plz share your views / feedback about Videocon D2H. I need to buy a new HD DTH provider for my Panasonic ST30 50".
Would be a big favor if you could share your opinion asap coz I am dying to get started with my ST30.

Cheers

Vinayak

I would disregard videocon since it does not support 5.1 audio which to me is a very important criteria for HD content................congrats on the new pan tv, perfect choice!!!

thanks Dijesh for that info on Videocon. only reason i m inclined towards Videocon is that it offers sports channels in HD. guess it would be sometime before Airtel adds HD sports channels to its portfolio

thanks Dijesh for that info on Videocon. only reason i m inclined towards Videocon is that it offers sports channels in HD. guess it would be sometime before Airtel adds HD sports channels to its portfolio

please reconfirm on that, as non of their adverts show 5.1 audio, it merely states HDD audio which is not 5.1. Please validate the same. Videocon never had support for 5.1 audio which is their main drawback. Have a look:

Features

High Definition Satellite Box
Full HD Picture Quality (1080i)
5 x times Digital Quality Picture
HDD Sound High Definition Digital Sound ............(NO 5.1 AUDIO)
16:9 Wide Aspect Ratio
USB Port images can viewed
Active Music Space
Multiple Tickers
d2h Movies
Source: D2h Digital Channels, DTH Connections, DTH Channels in India, Online Recharges: Videocon d2h

Several posts recently D2H users confirmed that they get 5.1 dolby by selecting the proper audio track . D2h may be in kind of testing stage on their 5.1 capability thats why no ad has info abt DD support.

Anyway I was confused between Airtel and D2h. And I leaning towards D2H as they kind of support 5.1 and importantly they have HD sports channels.

My only worry is 50% SD viewing . Not sure SD PQ is good on D2h or Airtel ?!!

Been TS SD user for last 3 yrs and now I think it is not worth the money for the limited regional channels.

I using Dishtv from last 2 years, picture quality is amazing, i am getting good amount of channels at affordable cost compare to airtel and videocon. other than channels they also offering movie on demand service, games active service, music active services

I using Dishtv from last 2 years, picture quality is amazing, i am getting good amount of channels at affordable cost compare to airtel and videocon. other than channels they also offering movie on demand service, games active service, music active services

Sounds like a Dish TV advertisement. Otherwise who wants to revive a 6 year old thread to praise Dish TV? :eek:hyeah:

Back