All 8 Harry Potter Movies Blue Ray Set @ Rs 1825

rajadeep

Hello everyone... This is my 1st deals post so pls forgive any mistakes made on my part... I was looking to pre order the HP BR set which will be released on 2nd Dec... I came across the offer on Amazon UK for this set which has a final landing cost in India of Rs1825... This I feel is a fantastic price for this collection as it comes to less than Rs230 per movie...We in India mostly pay more than that for English DVDs let alone BluRays... Also these are region free so will basically work on any BR player... Hopefully this will help others get on this deal...

Edit:- Opps srry guys but I calculated the exchange rate of euro instead of pounds... My mistake as the total actually comes to Rs2100... Still less than Rs290 per blueray is a pretty solid deal...

@Mods could you pls edit the title to say Rs2100 instead of Rs1825 so as not to confuse anyone...

Last edited:
Here is the link guys... The price is 32.30 pounds but it comes down to 26.92 after vat deduction which is approx Rs2100... It has free shipping to India & No custom duty as its value is less than Rs10K... Just to be on the safe side you can send it as a gift(I no I am)... I have imported a few blurays till date from the UK & US website(like LOTR trilogy) & have never been charged any duty :)...

@Madhav srry not I was not looking for the 3D version but here u go ... it cost 12.49 for a 3D blueray + bluray + DVD + Digital Copy but as the value is below 25 you might be charged shipping for it... The release date for the blue rays is 2nd Dec & preorders get shipped on 1st dec so we can expect delivery here in India in the 1st or 2nd week of dec :)...

Last edited:
Customs on Amazon shipping is a bit hit and miss. I've paid on around 1/3rd of my orders. In this case, even assuming an extra Rs1000 for customs, its less than half the India price.

Its not true,I have paid Rs.860 for earlier order which was hardly 2k.Even many of us have already posted in amazon.uk thread.

Srry to hear that... I always have my items marked as gift & I think it is stated on the govt customs website that gifts upto 10K are duty free... Will try to find the link to the webpage where it says so & post it here... But as Jai stated even with custom duty it will be half what you will pay to buy from India...

Even if you mark it as gift and the price is below 10K, the customs may charge you. I was charged Rs. 725/- for a 26GBP BD purchase. It all depends on your luck. But even with that tax, the pricing is really good.

Even if you mark it as gift and the price is below 10K, the customs may charge you. I was charged Rs. 725/- for a 26GBP BD purchase. It all depends on your luck. But even with that tax, the pricing is really good.

Just send it to someone other than the person to whom it is billed. Then there is no way customs will charge any duty.

Most simple way is to import it to your mother/father/wife 's name.

Just send it to someone other than the person to whom it is billed. Then there is no way customs will charge any duty.

Most simple way is to import it to your mother/father/wife 's name.

This need not work. In my case the disks were purchased by another forum member and marked as a gift to me.

As its mentioned this is a region free disc this means it can be played in any blu ray player right?

Region free disks will play on any player.

yes, i got charged even if its marked as gift to my spouse and i have given the sender as my name with my shopandship UK address.

i had to pay customs 1 time, out of 4 orders from amazon UK.

so its pure luck.

If anyone going to order, kindly please contact me once as I am also interested and I don't have credit card as well.
Once the order is made, I shall pay that cost + local shipping charges if required.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am also interested in the hp 8 movie set its very cheap compared to the indian price with duty also:yahoo: am also pre ordering 1 next week with my friends credit card but 1 thing if something happens & i don't got the delivery how my friend will get his money back :rolleyes:
whats the procedure to get money back ?

Guys.... customs or no customs.... I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter ans so is my wife. Could any one please guide me through the process of ordering? I have ordered CDs from flipkart, it it was a no fuss affair.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back