Allo USBRIDGE SIGNATURE Player - Owners Thread

Hi,
It hangs midway through the scan and when I restart Volumio, it starts the process again, only to stop again.
I put some files on a USB drive and that works fine.
My question was - if I use a NAS instead of connecting the drive directly, will that work? I dont have a NAS and will hence have to get one for this.

Edit: Moodeaudio worked but I dont like the interface.
Does the 4TB drive have files in it? Or is it hanging without any files in the 4Tb drive?

A few thousand files. All in wav format.
Most likely it is some file or few files which is crashing the volumio scan and this will not solve if you put a NAS. volumio must be maintaining some logs showing what is happening. Why don't you describe your issue on the volumio forum?

Most likely it is some file or few files which is crashing the volumio scan and this will not solve if you put a NAS. volumio must be maintaining some logs showing what is happening. Why don't you describe your issue on the volumio forum?
Hi, This got fixed with the Volumio 3 upgrade.

Hi, I bought USBridge Signature Player with Allo Revolution DAC recently. I got it with Volumio preloaded.
I would like try Moode OS now. Is there any place where I can get the instructions to load/configure that OS on USBridge?
I would like to keep the Volumio as a backup in separate SDCard. So, any recommended type of SD card?

Thanks @sandeepsasi
I will get similar uSD card and prepare the Moode OS.
One more question. The Allo site has the Moode OS version 6.4 where as the latest version available at https://moodeaudio.org/ is 7.6.1
Is it fine to use that latest version for USBridge? or Is it recommended to use the version available on Allo website?

Is it fine to use that latest version for USBridge? or Is it recommended to use the version available on Allo website?
You can go for the latest version on Moode website. Allo has confirmed on Audiophile Style discussion threads that there is nothing special about the Moode version that is hosted on their server.

You can create an account on Audiophile Style and message Audio_Allo (the official Allo handle there) and get any necessary help. They are prompt to reply.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

I am using Allo USB Singature with Allo Revolution DAC. I have TL-WN823N model wifi adaptor connected to USB Signature and it works fine for Volumio.
I am now trying to shift to Moode audio but it is not recognizing the wifi adaptor.
can anyone tell me supported wifi adaptors for the USG Singature (with Moode Audio) ?

I am using Allo USB Singature with Allo Revolution DAC. I have TL-WN823N model wifi adaptor connected to USB Signature and it works fine for Volumio.
I am now trying to shift to Moode audio but it is not recognizing the wifi adaptor.
can anyone tell me supported wifi adaptors for the USG Singature (with Moode Audio) ?

Is the first setup done? It requires being connected to the ethernet port for first setup.

Do you know how to login to your usb signature using ssh? The TL-WN823N uses rtl8192eu driver. If you don't have the driver installed, the dongle will not work. Also remember that out of the following distributions moode, dietpi, volumio I have found moode to be on the oldest kernel and dietpi on the latest (but all of them lag behind the official kernel released by Raspberry PI foundation).

Can you run the lsusb command and paste the output. The output will tell what driver your dongle is using. TP link is notorious for having different drivers for different versions of the same model.

I have found drivers from MrEngman usually fix the missing drivers for TP link products. See this site

This is what I used to run to install wifi drivers

sudo wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo install-wifi

Last edited:
Is there a way/module to get I2S output from ALLO USBridge Signature?
You can use a Pi2AES transport (see link).

or dump the Allo and use this

You can use a Pi2AES transport (see link).
This is one option
or dump the Allo and use this
Will wait for some review about ir

Will wait for some review about ir
Google is your friend.

Google is your friend.
Googled and brought one has well, will reach by end of the week

I will try with both and use where it sounds the best.
If you are only comparing AES or LVDS Differential I2S outputs there will likely be no difference in the sound (hopefully you got a decent DAC, Amp and speakers). The advantage the USBridge has is its clean USB output (and you don't need the Pi2AES for that).

FYI it is strongly advised to get the Meanwell 24V SMPS with the Pi2AES.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back