Amazon.com free shipping on orders worth $125 or above

just4kix

This has already been posted on other threads. Just thought that I would create a fresh thread to draw attention.

1. Amazon.com is offering free shipping on orders worth $125 or above.
2. This offer is not valid on large/oversize items.
3. All items must be sold and shipped by Amazon, i.e. no 3rd party items.
4. Pre-order items can be included even though such items will be shipped later separately.
5. There is no end date to the offer; so hopefully this offer is permanent.
6. Free shipping is for India and Singapore only.

Source: Amazon.com Help: Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

Where is the catch?
The current spiraling exchange rate.

Wish the dollar-rupee exchange rates had not gone bonkers at this time :mad:

Bad timing since everything appears damn expensive for us.

Was interested in the Synology Disk Station in the morning, but then decided to wait for some time.

Wish the dollar-rupee exchange rates had not gone bonkers at this time :mad:

True. But there is another way to look at it. The dollar is expensive by Rs. 5 or so. The average cost of US sourced BD is $15 - so the price goes up by Rs. 75 or so per item. On the other hand, the shipping cost is nearly $5 per BD and hence you save Rs. 300 per BD at todays rates. Had the rate been at 55 level, you would have saved, Rs. 275. Win some, loose some. :)

Unless you need something soon.. it is better to wait for sometime, as with clearing of air in the economic front, there is likelihood of $ going back to sub 55 level. In any case this time it looks to be a permanent offer, as there is no date mentioned so far. So keep it in wish list or cart and buy whenever you feel the deal is worth going for.

If you want something less than USD 125, it may probably not be worth the efforts to import it from Amz, unless the product is not just available here.

Ok good. But how do we 'KNOW' that a particular product qualifies for "FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping"? I m looking for this Logitech Bluetooth Speaker Adapter to buy.

Ok good. But how do we 'KNOW' that a particular product qualifies for "FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping"? I m looking for this Logitech Bluetooth Speaker Adapter to buy.

Very simple. Add it to your cart. Add other items to your cart to make the total to $125 or above. USSR blurays as they definitely qualify. Go to checkout till the shipping option. See whether you get the free shipping option. Don't submit the order.

Very simple. Add it to your cart. Add other items to your cart to make the total to $125 or above. USSR blurays as they definitely qualify. Go to checkout till the shipping option. See whether you get the free shipping option. Don't submit the order.

No need to go all the way to the checkout option. You can verify the same on the "View Cart" page itself and if you are logged in then you can click on the option "Estimate your shipping and tax" and it does the calculation for both whether the items can be shipped as well as if it qualifies for a total of $125 and hence there will be an additional item called "Global Saver free shipping" and the total shipping amount will be reduced. Simple I tried and it is showing if the total value is $125. :)

Free shipping option does not show in the estimate in my case. It shows regular shipping charges. But if I proceed to checkout, it gives the option to choose global free shipping option, which I need to choose as the default is regular shipping.

There is also strange cases, where if I add blu rays with other product, it is not allowing me to avail the free shipping (even with order above $125). But if I add only blu rays/ DVDs more than $125 then it allows free shipping or otherwise only the other products like electronics/ accessories, but not mix. :( May be it's a bug.

Last edited:
the import fees show up at the end though....I'm thinking those are the custom duties charged

Oli.ferns?
Yes. That is correct (about the import fees).
If rupee was not so weak, I would have snapped a lot of items by now. :)

Unfortunately with Amazon.com I find that they say many of the items I choose are not able to be shipped to India.
I have done this time and again, only to get a message at the end that I have to choose a different shipping address as they cannot ship to my address (which is Goa, India). Is this because I have a Goa address or is it for the whole of India?

Filcord- please select the "Amazon global shipping eligible" items while browsing. It will give you the items they are ready to ship to outside US.

Please note there are few products, which though might appear in "Amazon Global" option still they may not ship to India and then also they will prompt to change the shipping address.

Unfortunately with Amazon.com I find that they say many of the items I choose are not able to be shipped to India.
I have done this time and again, only to get a message at the end that I have to choose a different shipping address as they cannot ship to my address (which is Goa, India). Is this because I have a Goa address or is it for the whole of India?
Even if the items can be shipped to India, they may not be eligible for the "Global Free Shipping for orders over $125". Secondly, free shipping applies to items sold and shipped/fulfilled by Amazon.com (and not from 3rd party resellers). So that is another check that you must do. Can you list the items that you are trying to buy?

I was getting too hopeful :sad:

"Buyers outside the U.S. cannot purchase the following types of items from sellers: video games, toy and baby items, electronics, cameras and photo items, tools and hardware, kitchenware and housewares, sporting goods and outdoor equipment, software, and computers."

When they say 'excluding the Import Fees Deposit, gift-wrap charges, duties, and taxes', how will they calculate these? Is this part of your final order amount, or will we be charged later.

EDIT:
link: Amazon.com Help: About FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping
The value of $125 is for pure item/goods basic prices only. What it means that, if the total value of items is $100 and import duty is $25, then it does not qualify for free shipping. I thought that it was pretty much clear.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back