Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in India

Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

Will they really extend the membership , because i have already a running membership and news on Amazon music,

Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

Will they really extend the membership , because i have already a running membership and news on Amazon music,
c) if such customers have an existing Prime subscription: The existing Prime subscription gets renewed at the expiry date of such subscription

Amazon Echo Limited Period Launch Offer

OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS

This is a limited period promotional offer ("Offer") in relation to the Amazon Echo devices ("Products").

These Offer terms and conditions ("Offer Terms") are in addition to the Amazon.in Conditions of Use and Sale to which you agree by using Amazon.in. To the extent the Amazon.in Conditions of Use and Sale are inconsistent with these Offer Terms, these Offer Terms will prevail with respect to the Offer only. Amazon reserves the absolute right to withdraw this Offer and / or alter these Offer Terms at any time without prior notice and without any liability.

You may only avail this Offer if you are: (a) located in India; (b) have set India as your current country in your account settings on the Website; and (c) have a billing address in India.

Under this Offer, customers may request for an invite / invite code ("Invite") from October 4, 2017 to purchase the Products by visiting the Product details page and clicking "Request an Invitation". Shortlisted customers who receive the Invite upon clicking the aforementioned button will be entitled to the following benefits ("Benefits"): -
a) purchase one unit of the Product;
b) get a discount of 30% on the list price of the Product (as determined by seller listing the Product); and
c) if such customers have an existing Prime subscription: The existing Prime subscription gets renewed at the expiry date of such subscription. If such customers do not have an existing Prime subscription: start enjoying the benefits of Prime subscription.

The customers will be entitled to the aforementioned Benefits only if such customers purchase the Product using the Invite within 3 days of receiving the Invite or until stocks of the Product are available for purchase on Amazon.in, whichever is earlier.

For the avoidance of doubt, this Offer cannot be claimed or the Products cannot be purchased if the time period within which the Invites need to be claimed lapses. Customers whose Invite lapses may request for another Invite, which shall be processed at Amazons sole discretion and without any liability.

Limited numbers of Invites are available under this Offer. This Offer may be withdrawn (and the customers may not be able to request for an Invite) if such limited numbers of Invites are claimed in accordance with these Offer Terms.

Where applicable: -
a) renewal of existing Prime Subscription for applicable customers will be provided in accordance with these Offer Terms subsequent to the purchase; or
b) non-Prime customers will enjoy the benefits of Prime subscription (currently valued at INR 499) for a period of one year, which shall be activated subsequent to the purchase made.

The Offer cannot be availed in respect of any other products listed on Amazon.in other than the Product(s) mentioned here.

The Benefits under this Offer cannot be claimed if the order for the Product is cancelled by the customer or the seller or Amazon, and in such case, the participation of the customer in the Offer will be deemed withdrawn.

In the event any customer fails to meet any of the above stated eligibility criteria or any term under these Offer Terms, he/she will not be eligible to receive the Benefit under this Offer.

Any queries in relation to the Offer should be addressed directly to Amazon Customer Support at [email protected].

Participating in this Offer is voluntary. Each customer hereby accepts these Offer Terms and expressly agrees that Amazon and its affiliates, employees, and agents will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that such customer may suffer, directly or indirectly, in connection with this Offer.

Each customer acknowledges and agrees that Invites will be sent and requests for Invites will be considered by Amazon, in its sole discretion and without any liability. Amazon/ seller (s) reserve the right to withdraw the offer even after sending out the invite, at its sole discretion, if its determined by Amazon that the customer is not eligible for availing the offer. Additionally, each customer hereby releases Amazon and its affiliates, employees, and agents from claims of any kind in relation to the Offer (including but not limited to non-receipt of the Invite).

These Offer Terms are governed by the laws of India and the courts at Bangalore will have exclusive jurisdiction over any matters/ disputes in relation to these Offer Terms.

[[https://images-na]https://images-na][https://images-na]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Amazon.com is advertising echo 2nd. generation. Are we getting this one or the previous one. The Indian web site is not very clear on this or am I missing something?

Amazon.com is advertising echo 2nd. generation. Are we getting this one or the previous one. The Indian web site is not very clear on this or am I missing something?

It is for sure 2nd Gen as earlier echo didnt have Aux port for audio output but only echo dot did.

Yes, amazon india did not mention it is 1st gen or 2nd gen devices. But I assume it would be new 2nd gen echo that will be released in india.

That means all the three echo models can be connected to external speaker either by 3.5mm port or pair by bluetooth as per the comparison table.
Pls correct if I am wrong

Its the Echo 2nd Gen which is releasing worldwide on 31st Oct ,hav already ordered one

Have ordered the Echo dot, Waiting for delivery. Now searching for other stuff that i can use with the same to enable smart home. Have looked at few wi fi bulbs and switches. Most of the stuff is cheaper to get from US. Anyone else bought any smart home gadgets or planning to buy do share.

your membership would be extended

I am not sure.

I was a member of Amazon Prime from October last year till yesterday. I ordered Amazon Echo which comes with a complimentary one year membership of Amazon Prime, on October 6th this year. I figured that my Amazon Prime membership would continue, uninterrupted and that i would not need to renew my Prime membership by paying-since i ordered the Echo.

The twist is that Amazon says that the Prime membership would only get activated on activation of the Echo, after delivery. I figure that since the price i have paid for the Echo includes the membership of Prime, they should activate the membership immediately since i would not want to be out-of-status from 15th Oct till 6 Nov (6th Nov is when they would deliver the Echo). My payment for the Echo (which includes the Prime membership) is already in Amazon's account.

The relevant issues that matter is the Amazon is unable to deliver before 3-6 November and that money for the membership has already been collected on 6th October.

While Amazon's policy may be acceptable as far as a completely new membership is concerned, existing customers may have to be treated differently.

Do i have a case?

Last edited:

I am not sure.

I was a member of Amazon Prime from October last year till yesterday. I ordered Amazon Echo which comes with a complimentary one year membership of Amazon Prime, on October 6th this year. I figured that my Amazon Prime membership would continue, uninterrupted and that i would not need to renew my Prime membership by paying-since i ordered the Echo.

The twist is that Amazon says that the Prime membership would only get activated on activation of the Echo, after delivery. I figure that since the price i have paid for the Echo includes the membership of Prime, they should activate the membership immediately since i would not want to be out-of-status from 15th Oct till 6 Nov (6th Nov is when they would deliver the Echo). My payment for the Echo (which includes the Prime membership) is already in Amazon's account.

The relevant issues that matter is the Amazon is unable to deliver before 3-6 November and that money for the membership has already been collected on 6th October.

While Amazon's policy may be acceptable as far as a completely new membership is concerned, existing customers may have to be treated differently.

Do i have a case?

No you don't as You can always cancel the order before its shipped out and its not shipping out until nov1-2 so you won't get any offer until the order is marked complete.
Its similar with cashbacks and other offers, you dont get the offer until the order is complete.

No you don't as You can always cancel the order before its shipped out and its not shipping out until nov1-2 so you won't get any offer until the order is marked complete.
Its similar with cashbacks and other offers, you dont get the offer until the order is complete.

In this case:
  1. The extended shipping time is Amazon's requirement.
  2. They should have mentioned it in their terms and conditions, instead of mentioning that "Existing members would get their subsciptions renewed upon expiry"
  3. What is to prevent them cancelling the membership if i cancel the order? A minor issue particularly when dealing with old and loyal customers?

I wrote to Amazon that i am prepared to renew my membership by paying Rs 499/- today and that they could refund it when the Echo gets delivered. No answer yet.

Do i have a case now?

In this case:
  1. The extended shipping time is Amazon's requirement.
  2. They should have mentioned it in their terms and conditions, instead of mentioning that "Existing members would get their subsciptions renewed upon expiry"
  3. What is to prevent them cancelling the membership if i cancel the order? A minor issue particularly when dealing with old and loyal customers?

I wrote to Amazon that i am prepared to renew my membership by paying Rs 499/- today and that they could refund it when the Echo gets delivered. No answer yet.

Do i have a case now?

Contact amazon support, I am sure they will renew your prime.
You see its an automatic process, sytem will process the offer when its due, but using customer support they can manually push it through.
rather than email call them or chat with them. They are pretty helpful, even more if you are a prime member.

a) purchase one unit of the Product;
b) get a discount of 30% on the list price of the Product (as determined by seller listing the Product); and
c) if such customers have an existing Prime subscription: The existing Prime subscription gets renewed at the expiry date of such subscription. If such customers do not have an existing Prime subscription: start enjoying the benefits of Prime subscription.

Amazon has tweaked the terms and conditions of offer now, after i flagged it with their CS:

This is a limited period promotional offer ("Offer") in relation to the Amazon Echo devices ("Products").
These Offer terms and conditions ("Offer Terms") are in addition to the Amazon.in Conditions of Use and Sale to which you agree by using Amazon.in. To the extent the Amazon.in Conditions of Use and Sale are inconsistent with these Offer Terms, these Offer Terms will prevail with respect to the Offer only. Amazon reserves the absolute right to withdraw this Offer and / or alter these Offer Terms at any time without prior notice and without any liability.
You may only avail this Offer if you are: (a) located in India; (b) have set India as your current country in your account settings on the Website; and (c) have a billing address in India.
Under this Offer, customers may request for an invite / invite code ("Invite") from October 4, 2017 to purchase the Products by visiting the Product details page and clicking "Request an Invitation". Shortlisted customers who receive the Invite upon clicking the aforementioned button will be entitled to the following benefits ("Benefits"): -
1) purchase one unit of the Product;
2) get a discount of 30% on the MRP of the Product; and
3) benefits of Prime subscription in the following manner:

(i) if the customers do not have an existing Prime subscription, then unless Amazon determines earlier in its sole discretion, they will enjoy the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year (currently valued at INR 499) on activation of the Product;

(ii) if the customers have an existing Prime subscription at the time of activation of the Product, they start enjoying the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year from the expiry of their existing Prime subscription; and

(iii) for the customers who Purchase the Product under this Offer but whose Prime subscription expires before activation of the Product, unless Amazon determines earlier in its sole discretion, they will enjoy the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year on activation of the Product.

Please check the "Your Prime Membership" tab on Amazon.in from time to time to check the details and status of your Prime subscription.

The customers will be entitled to the aforementioned Benefits only if such customers purchase the Product using the Invite within 3......

Wonder if they would consider my case?

Amazon has tweaked the terms and conditions of offer now, after i flagged it with their CS:

1) purchase one unit of the Product;
2) get a discount of 30% on the MRP of the Product; and
3) benefits of Prime subscription in the following manner:

(i) if the customers do not have an existing Prime subscription, then unless Amazon determines earlier in its sole discretion, they will enjoy the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year (currently valued at INR 499) on activation of the Product;

(ii) if the customers have an existing Prime subscription at the time of activation of the Product, they start enjoying the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year from the expiry of their existing Prime subscription; and

(iii) for the customers who Purchase the Product under this Offer but whose Prime subscription expires before activation of the Product, unless Amazon determines earlier in its sole discretion, they will enjoy the benefits of Prime subscription for a period of 1 year on activation of the Product.

Please check the "Your Prime Membership" tab on Amazon.in from time to time to check the details and status of your Prime subscription.

The customers will be entitled to the aforementioned Benefits only if such customers purchase the Product using the Invite within 3......

Wonder if they would consider my case?

I am pretty sure they will if you just give them a call.

I am pretty sure they will if you just give them a call.

I had given them a call and the CS agent could not help. I requested for escalation and another agent also could not help, though very sympathetic. He has promised to revert. I also wrote to Jeff.

Last edited:

Have ordered the Echo dot, Waiting for delivery. Now searching for other stuff that i can use with the same to enable smart home. Have looked at few wi fi bulbs and switches. Most of the stuff is cheaper to get from US. Anyone else bought any smart home gadgets or planning to buy do share.

What switches you are planning to get ? Did you confirm the compatible with 220v ?

I bought few things from US last year - LIFX A19 bulbs, Philips Hue Bloom, Logitech Harmony Hub, TP-Link HS110 plug - all this are Alexa supported.

What switches you are planning to get ? Did you confirm the compatible with 220v ?

I bought few things from US last year - LIFX A19 bulbs, Philips Hue Bloom, Logitech Harmony Hub, TP-Link HS110 plug - all this are Alexa supported.

Currently i have ordered 2 yeelight bulbs to start. Need to plan and buy the rest of the stuff. Do share the links and price you bought the stuff for and what all are you using the same for. As this would come in handy for everyone.

I had given them a call and the CS agent could not help. I requested for escalation and another agent also could not help, though very sympathetic. He has promised to revert. I also wrote to Jeff.

Why not buy now for 499 and get 2 years Prime for that price? It's going to be 999 anyways. You will be in the advantage and get a good deal too.

Personally I'd like to renew at 499, but mine expires in November and one cannot renew till expiration.

Don't need any Echo products, already got them from USA.

We still have it good even at 999... it cost me $99 in USA.

Currently i have ordered 2 yeelight bulbs to start. Need to plan and buy the rest of the stuff. Do share the links and price you bought the stuff for and what all are you using the same for. As this would come in handy for everyone.

Links to Yeelight please.

Hi All,

A quick query. I have bought myself an Echo Dot from US around 3 months back. But, now when I try to register it to India address its not working.

What do I need to do configure the India Address on the Echo Dot? Also, the methods which I had first found on web ain't working anymore.

Cheers!

Hi All,

A quick query. I have bought myself an Echo Dot from US around 3 months back. But, now when I try to register it to India address its not working.

What do I need to do configure the India Address on the Echo Dot? Also, the methods which I had first found on web ain't working anymore.

Cheers!

Wait till it's released in India and also Amazon Alexa app is available in Playstore. Only then local zipcode/pincode will work to update to Indian address.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back