Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in India

Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

yes, This is stupid , I bought plus and wanted it to connect it to Harmony hub but no such skill.
may be if enough people request for this skill to be enabled than they might bring it.

Please request from within the app.

Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

yes, This is stupid , I bought plus and wanted it to connect it to Harmony hub but no such skill.
may be if enough people request for this skill to be enabled than they might bring it.

Please request from within the app.

I requested Amazon in-app, mailed Harmony, Smartthings and Yonomi. Hopefully Yonomi will help us. I doubt Harmony and Smartthings will ever update. Even in UK Harmony Blue skill is not available yet.

Google assistant already support Harmony and Smartthings. I am able to control from Android phone. If Amazon is not going to support required skills for India, I don't see an advantage in Amazon echo system(once Google Home is official here).

In Amazon alexa, I am using Hue, LIFX and TP Link Kasa skills for Smart Home. Even mydlink is available.

Last edited:

Got echo yesterday and configured. It is playing music from Amazon prime and Saavn. I think by default these are enabled. I am facing one problem regarding connecting to AVR Aux port. While music is playing if I connect echo Aux out to AVR Aux in there is no audio from echo speaker and speakers connected to AVR. Do I have to change any setting in Alexa app to use external speakers. Pls help.

I requested Amazon in-app, mailed Harmony, Smartthings and Yonomi. Hopefully Yonomi will help us. I doubt Harmony and Smartthings will ever update. Even in UK Harmony Blue skill is not available yet.

Logitech doubtful, but I'd have thought with SmartThings being available it would work. Probably needs the skill enabled for India too.

Broadlink should be a better option over Logitech for IR control.

Google assistant already support Harmony and Smartthings. I am able to control from Android phone. If Amazon is not going to support required skills for India, I don't see an advantage in Amazon echo system(once Google Home is official here).

In Amazon alexa, I am using Hue, LIFX and TP Link Kasa skills for Smart Home. Even mydlink is available.

Don't think Google is coming to India anytime soon. I've a slew of their products like Google Homes, OnHub Router, Google WiFi, multiple Chromecast devices, and even the latest Pixel. They work just fine... only Google Home does not connect to many services like Spotify.

But honestly don't think Google will be coming here anytime soon, unless Amazon is super successful and everybody wants to cash in.

Got echo yesterday and configured. It is playing music from Amazon prime and Saavn. I think by default these are enabled. I am facing one problem regarding connecting to AVR Aux port. While music is playing if I connect echo Aux out to AVR Aux in there is no audio from echo speaker and speakers connected to AVR. Do I have to change any setting in Alexa app to use external speakers. Pls help.

Echo internal speaker will be disabled if you use the 3.5 jack input. Don't expect that to work.

Coming to AVR, check the cable and also if the correct input is selected - like video, TV, DVD, analog, etc. I'm using with an AVR for nearly a year now, works perfect.

Thanks. I have connected headphone and checked. Echo Aux out is working. Problem was with volume was low in AVR.Increased and now working.

Echo first impression is fantastic. Family is loving it.

Hi I don't see eWeLink skill in India but I see that skill is available outside ,anybody made it work to trigger Sonoff ,also my Prime Music does not work inspite of the config spoke to Amazon help but no help, can somebody help.

Hi I don't see eWeLink skill in India but I see that skill is available outside ,anybody made it work to trigger Sonoff ,also my Prime Music does not work inspite of the config spoke to Amazon help but no help, can somebody help.

No Sonoff skill doesn't work in India. Use their app to control from smartphone or use Google Home.

Please let me know if the light bulbs Philips hue, syska and xiaomi yeelights are plug and play. That is, plug the bulb into socket and control via phone app and voice control via echo? I've just bought an echo. Is there a need for a hub?

Secondly, I am trying to get the Amazon fire stick to connect to the Echo but cannot. Is that function only available in the US?
Cheers!

Please let me know if the light bulbs Philips hue, syska and xiaomi yeelights are plug and play. That is, plug the bulb into socket and control via phone app and voice control via echo? I've just bought an echo. Is there a need for a hub?

Secondly, I am trying to get the Amazon fire stick to connect to the Echo but cannot. Is that function only available in the US?
Cheers!

Yeelights are plug and play, i am already using 3 with Alex and 3 more are on the way. Philips hue bulb will work with Echo plus that have the hub built in. will not work directly with echo dot as it requires a smart hub.

Cheers!
Also consider the brightness of the bulbs while making your purchase decision. Yeelight doesn't require a hub, but is less brighter(600 lumens) than the Philips Hue gen3(800 lumens, requires hub). But the price ranges are completely different between the 2. I'd add Lifx(1100 lumens, no hub) to your list of considerations if you have the budget.

Can't comment on Syska.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also consider the brightness of the bulbs while making your purchase decision. Yeelight doesn't require a hub, but is less brighter(600 lumens) than the Philips Hue gen3(800 lumens, requires hub). But the price ranges are completely different between the 2. I'd add Lifx(1100 lumens, no hub) to your list of considerations if you have the budget.

Can't comment on Syska.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LIFX is very good. But not vfm. Check TPLink single color bulbs too

Yes, controlling Fire TV stick from Echo is not available in India yet.

For Harmony Hub skills, logitech replied saying "Amazon Alexa is not yet available in Asia as of the moment". I replied them, lets see.

Regarding traffic and stock price check for any company, Amazon replied saying request is forwarded to development team.

For Harmony Hub skills, logitech replied saying "Amazon Alexa is not yet available in Asia as of the moment". I replied them, lets see.

Regarding traffic and stock price check for any company, Amazon replied saying request is forwarded to development team.

OMG, how dumb... or we need to think Asia and India doesn't even exist for them, not even in their news feeds.

Yeelights are plug and play, i am already using 3 with Alex and 3 more are on the way. Philips hue bulb will work with Echo plus that have the hub built in. will not work directly with echo dot as it requires a smart hub.

Hi,

Are you using the below colour changing model?
(Model No: YLDP02YL )

In ebay price is Rs.1899. Is this the right price as I do not see these lights in official Xiomi india website.

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Adjustable Color & Brightness | eBay

Hi,

Are you using the below colour changing model?
(Model No: YLDP02YL )

In ebay price is Rs.1899. Is this the right price as I do not see these lights in official Xiomi india website.

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Adjustable Color & Brightness | eBay

Better to buy off Banggood , They cost arnd Rs1100 ea including shipping and try not to buy too many in 1 order to avoid customs.

Response from Yonomi. Hopefully they will launch soon. Yonomi - Harmony integration seems to work fine.

Hi there,

Thanks for checking out the app and for reaching out.

Support for Alexa & Echo in India is high on priority list and something we're hoping to be able to launch soon.

We don't have an exact timeline just yet, but it is a priority for us and we're working hard to deliver Alexa support to India.

Thanks,

Yonomi Support

I returned my Echo. The main reason was because I did not like the heavy Indian accent of the Alexa voice. You can change to voice to a different accent, but then you can't use any features like Skills, etc. I like to have a neutral accent, and I found the forced "Indianness" of the new Alexa voice very offputting. Since I could not change the type of accept and still retain functionality, I ended up returning it. Happy to stick with Siri for now.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back