Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in India

Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

Links to Yeelight please.

Here are couple of links on ebay the price keeps fluctuating as currently you have discount on the same through coupons and Phonepe :
eBay gift voucher 600OFF4YOU (Rs. 200.00)

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Dimmable Adjustable Brightness | eBay

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Adjustable Color & Brightness | eBay

Also you can buy from Gearbest and Banggood.

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-light-bulb/pp_278478.html

https://www.banggood.com/Original-X...-Lamp-Bulb-AC220V-p-1054192.html?rmmds=search

I have bought 1 from ebay and 2 from the above posted links. As the cost is under 2k hopefully, i would not be paying any duty on the same.

Last edited:
Re: Amazon introduces echo for India; Google also plans to launch Google home in Indi

Currently i have ordered 2 yeelight bulbs to start. Need to plan and buy the rest of the stuff. Do share the links and price you bought the stuff for and what all are you using the same for. As this would come in handy for everyone.

I bought LIFX bulbs from their website, rest all from amazon.com and hand carried them to India.

I basically use it with Smartthings as a home monitoring system.

1) Automatically switch on / off lights as we get up and sleep. (Good morning / Good night routine, ..)

2) Switch on light when we get up midnight (Motion sensor event )

3) Switch on light when main door is open (Multi function sensor)

4) Turn Lights to Red, when we door is open when we are away.

5) Set light to different mood based on Harmony activity (Watching Movie, TV is switched off, ..)

6) Switch on / off lights with harmony remote.

Hoping to add switches, camera and lot more in the list.

Smartthings Hub v2
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Smar...8&qid=1508229709&sr=8-14&keywords=smartthings

Smart Plug
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Moni...S110/dp/B0178IC5ZY/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B0178IC5ZY

Hue v1
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-2595...=1508229783&sr=1-7&keywords=philips+hue+bloom

LIFX
https://www.lifx.com/collections/featured-products/products/lifx

I love LIFX more than Hue bulbs. Better color and brightness. Cost effective. No Hub required. But out of my 5 bulbs I always lose connection for one of the bulb, either due to WiFi signal strength or number of device connected to my WiFi.

For some reason, at night all bulbs stay connected without any drop in connection.

Here are couple of links on ebay the price keeps fluctuating as currently you have discount on the same through coupons and Phonepe :
eBay gift voucher 600OFF4YOU (Rs. 200.00)

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Dimmable Adjustable Brightness | eBay

Xiaomi Yeelight LED E27 Smart Bulb Wi-Fi Control Adjustable Color & Brightness | eBay

Also you can buy from Gearbest and Banggood.

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-light-bulb/pp_278478.html

https://www.banggood.com/Original-X...-Lamp-Bulb-AC220V-p-1054192.html?rmmds=search

I have bought 1 from ebay and 2 from the above posted links. As the cost is under 2k hopefully, i would not be paying any duty on the same.

Did you compare Yeelight performance with other lights in the market ? I feel Syska might provide better support than Yeelight in India.

Ordered Echo.
One question on light control: Will echo be able to control any smart LED light or any list of supported brands? What other hardware is need for controling the lights via echo?

Currently we have limited Alexa supported products available in India. This will continue to grow. For now, Philips and Syska lights are officially supported here in India.

But you will find lot more products available in Amazon.com, ebay. Check LIFX as well, they ship to India.

Currently we have limited Alexa supported products available in India. This will continue to grow. For now, Philips and Syska lights are officially supported here in India.

But you will find lot more products available in Amazon.com, ebay. Check LIFX as well, they ship to India.

Actually nothing from Syska yet. It may be coming, but nothing right now that works with Alexa.

Philips and Lifx are available, but expensive. Lifx does ship to India, and cost is $20 (per their website) but I've never ordered.

I have Philips that I bought from USA and it works very well. I've also have Yeelight and that also works quite well.

You can also use Sonoff switches for lights, but it will need a lot more work than simple plug and play smart bulbs. And my experience with Sonoff has not been very good.

Like you said it will take some time for India, but in USA everything works... from refrigerators and ovens to ACs and water heaters and dryers.

Actually nothing from Syska yet. It may be coming, but nothing right now that works with Alexa.

Philips and Lifx are available, but expensive. Lifx does ship to India, and cost is $20 (per their website) but I've never ordered.

I have Philips that I bought from USA and it works very well. I've also have Yeelight and that also works quite well.

You can also use Sonoff switches for lights, but it will need a lot more work than simple plug and play smart bulbs. And my experience with Sonoff has not been very good.

Like you said it will take some time for India, but in USA everything works... from refrigerators and ovens to ACs and water heaters and dryers.

Yeah, Nothing yet from Syska, but it is launching very soon I believe. Hopefully their rainbow series. LIFX is good, but not worth when you have to pay 20$ for shipment. But look for deals in their site, I got 5 bulbs last year for 200$.

Still I am searching for a reliable alternative for Sonoff. May be I will buy Aeon Labs z-wave products next year. Hopefully it will work in India without problems.

Lifx does ship to India, and cost is $20 (per their website).

As far I remember, if you order online they will ship you only B22 to India and only E27 in US.

Better to buy E27, since most of the designer fixtures, table lamp, wall lamps, .. available in India supports E26/E27. B22 to E27 converts are available if you still want to use it in normal fixtures.

Finally I see Alexa India ready. Set language to English India, Now the skills like saavn etc work. Cant locate iOS app yet.

https://alexa.amazon.in/

location change looks to have some hiccups, I could set to 560002 its not picking a street or right pin yet

Location is fixed as of now. New lady tone is aggressive or not natural to my ears:eek: also they seem had a diff name in mind at least as per what see in dns.

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;alexa.amazon.in. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
alexa.amazon.in. 886 IN CNAME layla.amazon.com.
layla.amazon.com. 46 IN A 54.239.35.105

layla :cool:

Got my bulbs the first set of 3 Yeelight bulbs have landed. hardly take 5 minutes to set them up with the app. As of now very happy with the investment. Had some B22 fittings, have set 3 of them up. Need to buy few converters of B22 to E27 to hook the balance on regular bulb holders, looking for the best deal for the same.

Waiting for the echo dot to get shipped now. So i can set the same up.

Ordered the next set of bulbs and also Yeelight LED strip. Discount sales were on in Gearbest and Banggood. Will recommend to order from them do not order from ebay as they are charging very high prices ,I ordered just 1 yeelight from ebay.

Will update thread as i get my stuff and set it up.

Last edited:

Amazon Echo deliveries have started most should get it today - Mine is out for delivery :)

Please post the echo setup process

Please post the echo setup process

Nothing to it. Get the Alexa app from the Google Play Store. Add WiFi to the Alexa device and the rest it will walkthrough.

The same process as setting up Chromecast, Google Home, etc.

Easy peasy.

Got my bulbs the first set of 3 Yeelight bulbs have landed. hardly take 5 minutes to set them up with the app. As of now very happy with the investment. Had some B22 fittings, have set 3 of them up. Need to buy few converters of B22 to E27 to hook the balance on regular bulb holders, looking for the best deal for the same.

Waiting for the echo dot to get shipped now. So i can set the same up.

Ordered the next set of bulbs and also Yeelight LED strip. Discount sales were on in Gearbest and Banggood. Will recommend to order from them do not order from ebay as they are charging very high prices ,I ordered just 1 yeelight from ebay.

Will update thread as i get my stuff and set it up.
I was hunting for a good deal online for the convertors for sometime until a chance stop at a neighborhood Electrical store made me realise these were available for Rs.50 each. Just ensure the model you pickup adds minimum length to the already elongated bulb.

Even though the bulbs can be integrated with Alexa and Google Assistant, I recommend the Yeelight app for additional party tricks.

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I received my echo dot registered to my India id, after installing some skills, I changed the device to US id and installed skills which are available only in US now (Harmony). And reverted the location to India.

I am missing something here. Once I change the location to India, none of the US enabled skills are shown.

I received my echo dot registered to my India id, after installing some skills, I changed the device to US id and installed skills which are available only in US now (Harmony). And reverted the location to India.

I am missing something here. Once I change the location to India, none of the US enabled skills are shown.

Yeah, skills are specific to region. Also, no Echo to Echo calling in India either.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back