amazon refunds excess customs duty

giddavr

i dont recall in which thread but there were doubts expressed about amazon returning excess customs duty if actual duty is less than what was collected from us.
i said i had been returned such extra twice, but i dont know whether people believed me or not., because i hadn't saved any proof of return to post on the forum. and i never asked for duty receipt from the couriers either.

now it happened again. got this mail just now. so i thought i would post it this time. to assure all that amazon can be trusted without any reservations.

just last month when i purchased some cables from amazon.com, alongwith the subwoofer from parts express (carried by my cousin from california as personal baggage) i received a set of wrong cables.

i immediately got in touch with their online chat helpline and explained the situation. usually in such cases they send us a refund authorisation sticker which when pasted on the package will be accepted by the couriers without us having to pay anything - this applies only to the usa addressess. for customers abroad what they do is they send a replacement and after receiving them we should return the wrong items we received and send them a copy of the courier bill which they will pay back to us. but in my case the item i ordered were an add on item and the shipping to india would have been more than the cables cost. also when i told them the cost of returning the wrong cables would be more than the cables cost, they let me keep the cables and returned the original charges. i asked them to credit it to my account for deduction from my next order.

Refund on order 103-0298831-2107420
Inbox
x

Amazon.com
10:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of INR41.58 for your Order 103-0298831-2107420 from Audiovideodirect.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Ballistic EV0993-M305 Every1 Case for iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black/Dark Charcoal
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B008PNJDAW
Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: INR41.58

We'll apply your refund to the following payment method(s):

as i said amazon, u can trust.;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back