amazon.uk - free shipping to india

Just received Thor 3D and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D. (Both are Region Free)

Received in flat 5 days. Total order amount is 29.98.

No duty received.

These 3D sets has 1 2D Blu-ray, 1 3D Blu-ray and Digital copy. And for the Pirates movie , a DVD is also included. Total value for money.

Unlike the Resident Evil Afterlife movie, the 3D blu-ray doesn't play in 2D TVs.

Another order is pending (Green Lantern 3D and Legend of the Guardians 3D) is pending (order amount 25.77).

HI,
I just got a samsung bd d5100 free with my Led Purchase.
I have no idea about which region it can play and stuff.
Kindly suggest which blue ray movie i can order and the procedure as well.

Also how do you guys calculate the vat deduction and when is it done?

HI,
I just got a samsung bd d5100 free with my Led Purchase.
I have no idea about which region it can play and stuff.
Kindly suggest which blue ray movie i can order and the procedure as well.

Also how do you guys calculate the vat deduction and when is it done?

Your bdp should be region C as you bought it from India. You can play region C and region free disks in it. For ordering in amazon uk, first create an account using your email id. For purchase you will need to use a credit card. Just before you finalize the order, the VAT will be deducted.

Just received Thor 3D and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D. (Both are Region Free)

Received in flat 5 days. Total order amount is 29.98.

No duty received.

These 3D sets has 1 2D Blu-ray, 1 3D Blu-ray and Digital copy. And for the Pirates movie , a DVD is also included. Total value for money.

Unlike the Resident Evil Afterlife movie, the 3D blu-ray doesn't play in 2D TVs.

Another order is pending (Green Lantern 3D and Legend of the Guardians 3D) is pending (order amount 25.77).

Next order received, again in flat 7 days. Seems Royal Mail and our custom office are very happy. No duty this time also. So out of 4 orders, 3 are without duty.

Blu-rays received are Green Lantern 3D and Legend of the Guardians 3D, this was a pre-order.

Last edited:
Guys, bit of a help needed. I want to order some Xbox 360 games which are not available in india from amazon.uk. What duty + taxes+ delivery charges I should expect if I order dvds worth around 50 pounds? Also does one have to have credit card for ordering or netbanking/other options are available?

Last edited:
Shipping charge is free. However customs may charge you. For a 26GBP order I was charged Rs. 725/-. It all depends on your luck.

For payment you will need a credit card. Some users have reported that Axis bank debit card worked for them. My sbi visa card didn't work.

Had ordered the mummy series ,dark night batman begins combo ,and Troy blu rays ..on 30 th oct. More than 20 days and still have not received them .

Had ordered the mummy series ,dark night batman begins combo ,and Troy blu rays ..on 30 th oct. More than 20 days and still have not received them .
Patience (don't give in to the dark side :)). You need to wait. Sometimes, if the package is stuck in customs, the delivery happens after 45 days even. But you will get it in the end.

Don't worry, you will get them. Sometimes it may take as long as 45 days, other times it's less than a week. All in the hands of customs.

spoke to the customer care .they told me that it should reach latest by 10th dec or they will refund the money! inbetween presentlly the website displays free shipping offer till jan 15th 2012 ,last time i saw it showed oct31 st 2012.

amazon.uk pulled the plug on free shipping to india?

don't see that option anymore ...

Hi All,

Ordered a number of vinyls from Amazon Uk. The first 7 were delivered in record time much to my disbelief. However after that there has been a complete lull. A vinyl supposed to be delivered by 9th march , earliest date range has still not been delivered. Also there a few more which has passed the earliest delivery date but has still not been delivered.
Am getting a bit anxious. Has the customs held them back, if so how would i really come to know. Can they also be stolen while in transit , maybe by the people at the post office.
Has anybody gone through such an experience. Also what cane across in the end.

Hi All,

Ordered a number of vinyls from Amazon Uk. The first 7 were delivered in record time much to my disbelief. However after that there has been a complete lull. A vinyl supposed to be delivered by 9th march , earliest date range has still not been delivered. Also there a few more which has passed the earliest delivery date but has still not been delivered.
Am getting a bit anxious. Has the customs held them back, if so how would i really come to know. Can they also be stolen while in transit , maybe by the people at the post office.
Has anybody gone through such an experience. Also what cane across in the end.

Don't worry. So far I ordered many many BDs and not a single title stolen/lost in transit (touch wood). Customs will sometimes hold it for long time thinking whether to charge you or not.. whch is unpredictable.. mostly they won't charge.. many instances I waited as long as 30-60 days.. then one day postman will show up. :)

Hi All,

Seems to have been pipped at the last post. 16 odd vinyls arrived safe and sound. Ordered a "very good" copy of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Clup Band vinyl. Was dispatched on 9th of March. Still no sign of the same. Now what can be the course of action.
1)Can the foreign post office of Kolkata be contacted (though the vinyl was sent without any Royal Mail tracking number)
2)Wait patiently , considering there is still opportunity of it arriving (my luck day that would be !!!!!!!!)
3)Give up all hope of receiving the same and claim a refund from Amazon.
Experienced members, please advice ...........

Hi All,

Seems to have been pipped at the last post. 16 odd vinyls arrived safe and sound. Ordered a "very good" copy of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Clup Band vinyl. Was dispatched on 9th of March. Still no sign of the same. Now what can be the course of action.
1)Can the foreign post office of Kolkata be contacted (though the vinyl was sent without any Royal Mail tracking number)
2)Wait patiently , considering there is still opportunity of it arriving (my luck day that would be !!!!!!!!)
3)Give up all hope of receiving the same and claim a refund from Amazon.
Experienced members, please advice ...........

write to amazon.uk wih order number. they have a local rep in india. every time i wrote to them about similar issue my order got delivered the next day.

Contact foreign post office at Kiran Shankar Roy Rd, B B D Bagh. I had purchase 5 bluray disc during 2010 balck friday from amazon.com received 4th April 2012 they stuck in customs.:sad:

hey Brother ,

Thanks for the advice. Is there any contact person i can get , even a tout or something will do. Or how do i get about doing the same.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back