amazon.uk - free shipping to india

Sorry to hear that friend. I am using my Axis bank DEBIT card [VISA] for all these purchases.

The declined the card when i used to place orders for UK address [my friends used to bring thoses packages] and had to use credit card; but for delivery to INDIA, i am using debit card. Not sure why sbi card is not accepted.

Hi, I tried again but the same message. This is the message i got:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

Your credit card payment for the above transaction could not be completed.
A card provider will often decline an attempt to charge a payment card if the name, expiry date, or postcode you entered at Amazon.co.uk does not exactly match their information.

Valid payment information must be received within 10 days, otherwise your order will be cancelled.

Once you have confirmed your payment details, please follow the link below to resubmit your payment.

We recommend you select an option to create a new payment method when prompted and enter the complete information for the payment method you wish to use.

Can you explain how you did it with your VISA debit card?

@baiju,

If you do not have a Credit Card, and Axis Bank is providing Virtual Credit Card service, create a virtual credit card and use it.

@baiju,

If you do not have a Credit Card, and Axis Bank is providing Virtual Credit Card service, create a virtual credit card and use it.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm using SBI gold (VISA) debit card and there is no option to create virtual credit card in sbi website.:sad:

Hi, I tried again but the same message. This is the message i got:

Can you explain how you did it with your VISA debit card?

Hi Baiju,

Me too followed the same steps - add credit card option. May be you can check with SBI on why they are declining the transaction. May be I can order the same for you this time and you can transfer the money to my bank account [I'll put your address as dispatch address] :)

This order got dispathced yesterday :yahoo:

Delivery Estimate: 4 July 2011 :licklips:

1. Hero [Blu-ray] - Shipped again [free] since i didn't get it delivered from one of the previous orders :clapping:
2. Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
3. Little Big Soldier [Blu-ray] [2010]
4. The Forbidden Kingdom [Blu-ray]
5. X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Blu-ray]
6. Knowing [Blu-ray] [2009]
7. Lethal Weapon 1-4 [Blu-ray][Region Free]
8. Braveheart [Blu-ray]
9. The Da Vinci Code & Angels and Demons [Blu-ray][Region Free]
10. Michael Jackson's This Is It [Blu-ray][Region Free]
11. The Complete Superman Collection [Blu-ray][Region Free
12. Ip Man 2 [Blu-ray]

Hi Baiju,

Me too followed the same steps - add credit card option. May be you can check with SBI on why they are declining the transaction. May be I can order the same for you this time and you can transfer the money to my bank account [I'll put your address as dispatch address] :)

Thanks srnair. pls check your pm.

Hi Srnair ,

Is X-Men quadilogy set region free ?

Thanks

This order got dispathced yesterday :yahoo:

Delivery Estimate: 4 July 2011 :licklips:

1. Hero [Blu-ray] - Shipped again [free] since i didn't get it delivered from one of the previous orders :clapping:
2. Tangled (Blu-ray 3D + 2D Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
3. Little Big Soldier [Blu-ray] [2010]
4. The Forbidden Kingdom [Blu-ray]
5. X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Blu-ray]
6. Knowing [Blu-ray] [2009]
7. Lethal Weapon 1-4 [Blu-ray][Region Free]
8. Braveheart [Blu-ray]
9. The Da Vinci Code & Angels and Demons [Blu-ray][Region Free]
10. Michael Jackson's This Is It [Blu-ray][Region Free]
11. The Complete Superman Collection [Blu-ray][Region Free
12. Ip Man 2 [Blu-ray]

I envy you guys...lately amazon UK is not working at all for me. Either I end up with Customs even for less than 30GBP value or Goods never delivered..Probably I should change the Delivery address to any of you lucky guys and try.

I envy you guys...lately amazon UK is not working at all for me. Either I end up with Customs even for less than 30GBP value or Goods never delivered..Probably I should change the Delivery address to any of you lucky guys and try.
You are not alone. :(

Today I received my original parcel exactly a month after its original estimated delivery date! Just few days back Amazon UK had sent me the same parcel with standard shipping bec of the earlier delay. Now I have to cancel the new order they sending of the same stuff. As I went on their website I nowhere find any link to stop that new order or cancel it. What I am directed to instead is I can return the order by printing their message!

Is there anyway I can stop this new order to reach me? What if i decline the order to the Postman when he brings?

Today I received my original parcel exactly a month after its original estimated delivery date! Just few days back Amazon UK had sent me the same parcel with standard shipping bec of the earlier delay. Now I have to cancel the new order they sending of the same stuff. As I went on their website I nowhere find any link to stop that new order or cancel it. What I am directed to instead is I can return the order by printing their message!

Is there anyway I can stop this new order to reach me? What if i decline the order to the Postman when he brings?

Hi Friend,

I am not sure what will happen If you decline the parcel when the post man bring it may be they will sent it back to the address, but since it is in the normal mail I doubt that... Hi fellow members please advice..

This is the reply I got from Amazon.uk for one of my orders....

If the original package should arrive before the replacement has been dispatched, please cancel your replacement order via the "Cancel item" button beside your order information in Your Account.

If the original package should arrive afterward, please keep the item/s with our compliments, as the cost of return of the package is prohibitively expensive in this case. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity in your area if you feel it would be appropriate to do so.

Hi Friend,

I am not sure what will happen If you decline the parcel when the post man bring it may be they will sent it back to the address, but since it is in the normal mail I doubt that... Hi fellow members please advice..

This is the reply I got from Amazon.uk for one of my orders....

If the original package should arrive before the replacement has been dispatched, please cancel your replacement order via the "Cancel item" button beside your order information in Your Account.

If the original package should arrive afterward, please keep the item/s with our compliments, as the cost of return of the package is prohibitively expensive in this case. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity in your area if you feel it would be appropriate to do so.

Thanks for your reply mate :) the last sentence in bold letters is unintentionally hilarious :lol:

Good for you.

If you receive the new parcel, I doubt whether the postman will send it back as it will cost them plenty to send it back.

Just talk to Amazon.

Today for the first time I placed an order on Amazon for cds, which are not directly available with them, but will be routed through a seller called Zoverstocks. Standard shipping charges were roughly 10 pounds on a 20 pounds order.
Does anyone have any experience of buying from the other sellers on Amazon. And specifically Zoverstocks? Will the parcel be shipped by Amazon or Zoverstocks? Royal Mail or courier?

The right hand column of 'your account' shows 'contact seller' and 'file a claim', instead of the usual 'leave packaging feedback' and 'return items'. What happens if the package is lost in transit?

I actually got 5 cds last month through amazon uk. The delivery was free and I got em in like 20 days of ordering. The sad part was that they were badly packed. I received the cds with the jewel cases crumbled.. I even ordered from cd Universe and it was the same. Sad that they didn't use bubble wraps.. Flipkart delivers the cds much better!!

Also one piece of advice a friend of mine gave is to give our office address for delivery rather than home address. Since it is delivered through India Post the chances of the delivery not happening is highly there.. So incase you haven't received any package from them try changing the address to your office address.

My original order from Amazon UK finally arrived on 22nd June, 28 days after the ETA and 11 days after the arrival of the replacement. It was held up at Customs who charged a duty of Rs 344 and postal fee of Rs 30, collected by the postman at the time of delivery. The order was worth 25.82.

Amazon said this about returning one of the shipments:

I have looked in to your order and usually when we notified by a customer that they have received the original and replacement, we request that they return the original item. However, as the cost of returning the package is in this case prohibitively expensive, we ask that you keep the original item with our compliments. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity, if you feel it would be appropriate to do so. There will be no additional charge for the replacement order.

Amazon UK's customer support rocks. I have never received such personalized and meaningful support from any customer support. And it goes without saying that their shipment/delivery/return policies rock too!!

^^. As suggested by amazon you should donate the replacement copy to charity. I hope you would consider poor souls like me first:D

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back