amazon.uk - free shipping to india

My order of 6 BDs, dated 4th May, shipped on 6th may, promised delivery on 28th May has still not arrived. Well, the order was split into two of 1 BD and 5 BDs. The single BD (Ghost Rider) was received on 27th May.

I am still waiting for the following:

1. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
2. Hancock
3. Salt
4. Troy
5. Clash of the Titans (2010)

I wrote to Amazon. I received a standard reply to wait till Jun 8th. :mad:

While I am not blaming Amazon, the experience has left a sour taste. I am very hesitant to place my bets again.

My order from Amazon UK has still not arrived. The ETA was 24th May. Amazon UK has shipped a replacement order, and asked me to do this in case the previous order also arrives:

If the original package should arrive before the replacement has been dispatched, please cancel your replacement order via the "Cancel item" button beside your order information in Your Account.

If the original package should arrive afterward, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you were unable to refuse delivery of the item, we ask that you return it to us. Please visit our Returns Support Centre to be guided through our full policy and to obtain a printable personalised return label:

Amazon.co.uk - Returns Support Centre

If you are returning the replacement because the original has arrived please select " Missed estimated delivery date" from the drop down list as a reason for return. Choose "refund" from the next page and write in the comments field "replacement not needed, original arrived". We appreciate your co-operation with this.

I have also received the following reply:

It does appear that something may have gone awry with the delivery of your order #203-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx - the package should have reached you by now.

I have placed a new order #026-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx for the same items to be sent to the same delivery address:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pune, Maharashtra 411016
India

As your original order was placed using our Super Saver Delivery method, I have upgraded your replacement to Standard delivery to ensure you receive it as soon as possible, at no extra charge to you.

To view the estimated delivery date of your order, please visit Your Account from our home page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

If the original package should arrive before the replacement has been dispatched, please cancel your replacement order via the "Cancel item" button beside your order information in Your Account.

If the original package should arrive afterwards, please refuse delivery of the parcel so it is returned to us by the carrier. If you were unable to refuse delivery of the item, we ask that you return it to us. Please visit our Returns Support Centre to be guided through our full policy and to obtain a printable personalised return label:

Amazon.co.uk - Returns Support Centre

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you need further assistance.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I hope that you will allow us to serve you better in the future.

We value your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Amazon, UK is about to ship me another order. I am happy that my problem is being resolved. More than anything, I wanted the BDs and not a refund.

And friends I thought I was alone :(

I had placed order on May 1st with estimate delivery date given as May 24th...then when I sent complaint on May 27th..I too got the standard reply to wait till June 3rd..n if it doesn't arrive then press the link given...

Today is June 6th...shud I press that link or wait? I don't want a refund I just want the Blu-rays that I ordered...will it cancel my order if I press that link with a refund given automatically? Can anyone suggest me quickly if possible

Thanks

And friends I thought I was alone :(

I had placed order on May 1st with estimate delivery date given as May 24th...then when I sent complaint on May 27th..I too got the standard reply to wait till June 3rd..n if it doesn't arrive then press the link given...

Today is June 6th...shud I press that link or wait? I don't want a refund I just want the Blu-rays that I ordered...will it cancel my order if I press that link with a refund given automatically? Can anyone suggest me quickly if possible

Thanks
No. Click on the link given in the email from Amazon, UK.

Say that you have waited past the due date. You will get fresh shipment. This time it will be sent by standard delivery (not FREE super saver) but at no extra cost to you.

No. Click on the link given in the email from Amazon, UK.

Say that you have waited past the due date. You will get fresh shipment. This time it will be sent by standard delivery (not FREE super saver) but at no extra cost to you.

Thanks mate.... :) Doin rite now

Hi I placed an order for the Planet Earth and Life Blu-Ray discs today. I used my SBI VISA debit card for payment. But nothing has been deducted from my account yet. Also the bank was not contacted for transfer where we enter the secure 3d code, as i usually did with ebay. Is this the way amazon payment works? This is my first amazon.co.uk shopping. Somebody please reply. Thanks.

Hi I placed an order for the Planet Earth and Life Blu-Ray discs today. I used my SBI VISA debit card for payment. But nothing has been deducted from my account yet. Also the bank was not contacted for transfer where we enter the secure 3d code, as i usually did with ebay. Is this the way amazon payment works? This is my first amazon.co.uk shopping. Somebody please reply. Thanks.

Hi Baiju dont worry, the amount will be deducted only when they are ready to dispatch the items.:)

I hope you ordered the special edition bluray of planet earth [with more footage]. I have both these and are too good to watch :)

both these are 1080i and have some non HD moments...

Last edited:
This Order dispatched yesterday... :cheers:
Dispatched

Delivery Estimate: 4 July 2011

1. District 9 [Blu-ray] [2009][Region Free]

2. Robin Hood - Extended Director's Cut [Blu-ray][Region Free]

3. Ancient Aliens Season 1 [Blu-ray] - Recommendation from my friend

4. Inception - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)[Region Free]

5. Transformers 1 and 2 [Blu-ray]

6. Happy Feet [Blu-ray] [2006][Region Free]

7. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button [Blu-ray][Region Free]

8. Kung Fu Panda [Blu-ray]

Hi Baiju dont worry, the amount will be deducted only when they are ready to dispatch the items.:)

I hope you ordered the special edition bluray of planet earth [with more footage]. I have both these and are too good to watch :)

both these are 1080i and have some non HD moments...

Thanks for the reply. Got mail from amazon that the amount could not be debited. I think it is because I used a debit card instead of credit card. Yes it is the special extended version i ordered.

Thanks for the reply. Got mail from amazon that the amount could not be debited. I think it is because I used a debit card instead of credit card. Yes it is the special extended version i ordered.

Sorry to hear that friend. I am using my Axis bank DEBIT card [VISA] for all these purchases.

The declined the card when i used to place orders for UK address [my friends used to bring thoses packages] and had to use credit card; but for delivery to INDIA, i am using debit card. Not sure why sbi card is not accepted.

Sorry to hear that friend. I am using my Axis bank DEBIT card [VISA] for all these purchases.

The declined the card when i used to place orders for UK address [my friends used to bring thoses packages] and had to use credit card; but for delivery to INDIA, i am using debit card. Not sure why sbi card is not accepted.

Thanks. let me check again whether my location is India itself. When i first registered with amazon.co.uk, there was credit card/debit card option where it asked for the 3 digit code at the back of the card. But at that time i had no visa card so i couldn't register the card. However when i tried to enter the visa card yesterday, only credit card option is seen. Also, the 3 digit code was not requested. Also i noticed that the total price of the two disks were around 31 where as now it is only 26.

Edit: Which should i select for delivery option?

FREE Super Saver Delivery (8 - 12 business days)
Standard (8-12 business days)
Priority Express (2-4 business days)

I used the first one initially. Also should i tick the 'This will be a Gift' ?

Last edited:
My orders (dated 24th and 30th April) reached me within about 10 days of dispatch dates, but the latest order on 1st June is not even dispatched. They say 'preparing for dispatch ...' (5 BDs in split into 4+1), I do not know for how long.

I had a question, perhaps discussed previously - GBP25 free delivery limit - is it before VAT or after VAT is applied?

Thanks, Neel

Thanks. let me check again whether my location is India itself. When i first registered with amazon.co.uk, there was credit card/debit card option where it asked for the 3 digit code at the back of the card. But at that time i had no visa card so i couldn't register the card. However when i tried to enter the visa card yesterday, only credit card option is seen. Also, the 3 digit code was not requested.
That is right. Amazon does not request the CVV code for some reason. This is strange. Maybe they have not implemented it because CVV code is not worldwide implementation.

Also i noticed that the total price of the two disks were around 31 where as now it is only 26.

The original price is inclusive of VAT (20% in GB). Since the order is for export you get the VAT refund. Divide item price by 1.2 and that is your price when shipping address is outside EU. :)

Edit: Which should i select for delivery option?

FREE Super Saver Delivery (8 - 12 business days)
Standard (8-12 business days)
Priority Express (2-4 business days)

I used the first one initially. Also should i tick the 'This will be a Gift' ?

Select FREE Super Saver Delivery (8 - 12 business days) and do check the box on 'This will be a Gift'. This will mean a gift item and most likely be exempt from customs duty.

Order Placed: 03 June, Order Received 10 June for the following:

Greatest Hits - Chapter One - Backstreet Boys
All The Way...A Decade of Song - Cline Dion
Unbreakable: The Greatest Hits - Westlife
Number Ones Number Ones - Michael Jackson
Greatest Hits - Shania Twain
The Complete Greatest Hits - The Eagles
Michael Bolton The Very Best Michael Bolton The Very Best

Hi Friends - just to update you on a worst case scenario :) - See the delay between the order placemant and the delivery [Still not delivered though :mad:] from Amazon.uk for FREE SHIPMENT to INDIA...

Following is the update I got from Amazon today; on one of the items ordered on 21Apr2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Jun 2011 04:35:00 PM --- Initiated customs clearance process
27 April 2011 12:39:22 PM --- Out for delivery
21 April 2011 09:10:11 PM Staufenberg DE Departure Scan
21 April 2011 09:10:11 PM --- Out for delivery
21 April 2011 09:00:11 AM --- Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope it will reach me this month atleast :indifferent14:

Till I haven't recieved the order and informed Amazon.uk; within 2 hours they dispatched another copy with standard mail and I got this reply from them.

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Amazon.co.uk and for bringing this to our attention.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.co.uk is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard. Please accept our sincere apologies.

It does appear that something may have gone awry with the delivery of your order #************ - the package should have reached you by now.

I have placed a new order #************ for the same item to be sent to the same delivery address:"

If the original package should arrive afterward, please keep the item/s with our compliments, as the cost of return of the package is prohibitively expensive in this case. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity in your area if you feel it would be appropriate to do so.

Seems prompt support and better customer care :)

The replacement order from Amazon UK, dispatched on 6th June by standard shipping, ETA 27th June, arrived today (11th June). It was was sent by Airmail from UK, but delivered as a standard (unregistered) parcel by Indian Post Office. I didn't have to sign for it, as opposed to the packages from Amazon USA that come as registered parcels which have to be signed for during delivery.

The package was in a closed but unsealed cardboard box. However, all items arrived intact.

The original order, shipped May 3rd by free Super Saver delivery method, ETA May 27th, is nowhere in sight.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back