Amp and Speaker, matching and purchase help

hearme

Hello,
A relative is shifting back from USA to India for good. He can get some Audio equipment for me hence this thread.

He stays in Chicago and browsing AudiogoN by his Zip code (60657) and a radius of 25 miles, these caught my eye...I am looking for a pair of speakers and a matching amplifier.

Thiel CS6 Floorstanding Speakers | Full range | Chicago, Illinois 60657 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Thiel Audio SCS 4T Musically involving | Monitors | Chicago, Illinois 60601 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

PSB Imagine T Floorstanding Speakers | Full range | Chicago, Illinois 60657 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Naim SuperNait Integrated with 24/192 DAC, HT Bypass, and Upgradeable! | Solid state | Hanover Park, Illinois 60103 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

PARASOUND HALO A 21 Brand New Condition | Solid state | Naperville, 60567 | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Can someone who has heard this equipment, paired, matched any of the above, value for money... advice me.

Maybe pick only one of them if its VFM and match/ purchase the other from someplace else.

Any other options to purchase second hand HiFi in USA?

Thank you

Thiel speakers are well regarded, but the match between amps and speakers is not easy. Try and also get a powered subwoofer if possible, since a container is coming.

a pair of merlin tsm mmm is available on audiogon if you wish of a sonus faber toy tower..

the choices are immense and to get thru this you need to be clear what you want wrt your present rig.

good luck !

rgds

Hi Folks!
Am a new member. Can anyone recommend a good stereo amp for Jamo C607 Tower speakers?
Would Marantz PM6005 go with these speakers?
Thanks!

a pair of merlin tsm mmm is available on audiogon if you wish of a sonus faber toy tower..

the choices are immense and to get thru this you need to be clear what you want wrt your present rig.

good luck !

rgds

Hi,
Checked out the MMM and Sonus, the issue is I would like to purchase something close to where my relative stays, Chicago, Zip 60657 so he could see them, hear them and pick them up personally.

I am a little skeptical of making an online payment.

Thanks for the inputs,
Regards

Try and get speakers especially if you like floorstanders....you can get amps and CDPs and DACs in India easily or even go abroad and carry them back with you....but speakers are difficult to carry...what sort of music do you like and ehat is your budget?

Brand new Magnepan 1.7s are a super pair of speakers and extremely good value for money if getting in a container and assuming no duty since your relative is relocating....but it depends on your choice of music and if you have enough room

I checked out the Arcam A19 amp. Planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX6. Would appreciate any feedback/views on either.
Thanks!

I checked out the Arcam A19 amp. Planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX6. Would appreciate any feedback/views on either.
Thanks!

I like arcam amps and they match very well with monitor audio. Suggest that you start a separate thread for your queries. Response will be better.

Audio Circel also has a section for pre owned as does Audio Asylum, but both of them are much smaller.
Eb8NST

Hi Folks!
Am a new member. Can anyone recommend a good stereo amp for Jamo C607 Tower speakers?
Would Marantz PM6005 go with these speakers?
Thanks!
marantz pm6005 is the best amp in pm series with built in dac and for a handsome price.

You can also consider Cambridge audio azur 651a.
But In my opinion Marantz would better go with jamo c 607

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back