Amplifier for 500w passive sub woofer

Ravz157

Hi i wanna know what amplifier would be good to connect a passive subwoofer. Shortlist Fosi TP02 but really confused how to connect to the AVR and then to the subwoofer. Please do help out

Hi i wanna know what amplifier would be good to connect a passive subwoofer. Shortlist Fosi TP02 but really confused how to connect to the AVR and then to the subwoofer. Please do help out
You may need to get a capable power amplifier and then u can do the following.
AVR sub out signal --> Power amplifier RCA in and Power amp speaker Terminal--> Subwoofer

Besides getting a capable power amp to drive the subwoofer, you can also directly connect the passive sub to the AVR (FRONT SPEAKERS terminal) Either left or right channel and use the same. You will need to ensure that the AVR has capable power output to drive the sub as well as the Front speakers.

Besides getting a capable power amp to drive the subwoofer, you can also directly connect the passive sub to the AVR (FRONT SPEAKERS terminal) Either left or right channel and use the same. You will need to ensure that the AVR has capable power output to drive the sub as well as the Front speakers.
Would this work ? The front speakers would be high passed at 80hz or so. What am I missing ?

Would this work ? The front speakers would be high passed at 80hz or so. What am I missing ?
Settings need to be kept as LARGE for front speakers. All frequencies will flow.

The subwoofer driver is specifically designed to output low freq so should work. the OP can experiment at low volumes and try

Be cautioned about the method being suggested above. If you connect speakers of different impedances to the same speaker output terminal of an amplifier there will be a load and volume imbalance between the Left and Right channels; and worse, it would send your amp into protection mode or damage if the impedance drops lower than what the amp can handle.

We do not know the specifics of the subwoofer the OP is talking about, but know that a subwoofer driver sans a filter can play tones up to 2khz and beyond, it will sound horrid!

You can easily convert your passive subwoofer into an active one with the help of a plate amp and some DIY, or you can get it done professionally. But only when you have some basic knowledge of electronics and specs of your subwoofer like power handling capacity and impedance, otherwise it'll blow your subwoofer.

Check out " 4d furnishers amplifier. Via ketan Sethi .I am using this amplifier for a passive subwoofer for the past year with great results.

I recently got a 700w amplifier (local make)for a 12 inch 500w subwoofer.
Very happy with it.
Ensure that torodial transformer and mosfets are used.
Check YouTube videos of local makers. I paid around 12k.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back