amplifier recommendations please?

mech

i need a new integrated amplifier - 600 USD max.
l listen to metal music, rock, indie bands. many of my CDs arent very good mastered and i need special kick from my amplifier.
i have Magnat speakers and Marantz CD player.

Marantz PM6004
Cambridge Audio Azur 651A
Yamaha A-S500
are supposed to be good.
please help.

each of the amps listed are good but they do have their own sound signature. it will be up to your ears to decide which suits your tastes better. its best if you can audition your speakers on the amps you're short listing. pairing of speakers and amp is important too. just because you have good speakers and a good amp doesnt necessarily mean that they will play good music together

Since you are in the czech you can also look a the amplifier by audioblock.
http://http://www.audioblock.de/Amplifier-Block-V-100

Amplifier V-100
- Output: 50W x 2 at 4 Ohm @1%THD
- Harmonic distortion: - Crosstalk: 80dB
- Frequency band: 10-26KHz, + 1 dB, -3dB
- 6 Stereo Inputs incl. Phono
- Remote control - Dimensions (B/H/T): 440/80/285mm

50 watts per channel at 4 ohms with 1% THD, gosh this is a LOW power approx 25 watt per channel at 8 ohms Integrated amp costing Euro 450 in Germany.

I reckon OP is looking for something much more beyond this

l listen to metal music, rock, indie bands. many of my CDs arent very good mastered and i need special kick from my amplifier.

Marantz PM6004
Yamaha A-S500
are supposed to be good.
please help.

U'll have to give us more info of your Magnat Speakers (if U r interested in da kick from da amp)

Marantz PM6004
Yamaha A-S500
are supposed to be good.
please help.

I don't precisely recollect the sound signature of Magnat though I remember hearing it a yr ago. I had heard it on CA 651 and it sounded ok. Similar to how MA's Bronze series sounded with reasonable punch. But I have heard it looses certain composure in tightness of bass.

Marantz is more forward sounding than CA so you would need to pair them with your speakers to gauge if it not too bright.

AS500, no clue. Would it be under powered as compared to the other two? Maybe fellow FMs can comment on it.

and i need special kick from my amplifier.

opps! dangerous statement

i had once heard a guy (claiming to be a serious audiophile) tell me; with 2 X 500 watts Bryston monoblocks tied to a B&W Nautilus 801 & pumping 'em practically on full power AND saying .. "see, it ain't doing anything much, my hair is yet to fly .."

hope ur case doesnt become this ;)

Marantz PM6004
Yamaha A-S500
are supposed to be good.
please help.

No amplifier at any cost will make poorly mastered CDs sound better. In fact the better the amplifier, more are the chances of hearing effects of bad recording. All the amplifiers mentioned above are good. But, you will benefit much more by getting good quality CDs.

No amplifier at any cost will make poorly mastered CDs sound better. In fact the better the amplifier, more are the chances of hearing effects of bad recording. All the amplifiers mentioned above are good. But, you will benefit much more by getting good quality CDs.

:thumbsup: .. 100%

Better recorded CDs .. plzzz !!

U cant pull the amp by the ears & say - wat da hell .. :eek:hyeah:

Hope the OP is watching ..

opps! dangerous statement

i had once heard a guy (claiming to be a serious audiophile) tell me; with 2 X 500 watts Bryston monoblocks tied to a B&W Nautilus 801 & pumping 'em practically on full power AND saying .. "see, it ain't doing anything much, my hair is yet to fly .."

hope ur case doesnt become this ;)

lol.......

I wouldn't worry about the specs it would do just fine among the list of his choice of amps.
Amplifier V-100
- Output: 50W x 2 at 4 Ohm @1%THD
- Harmonic distortion: - Crosstalk: 80dB
- Frequency band: 10-26KHz, + 1 dB, -3dB
- 6 Stereo Inputs incl. Phono
- Remote control - Dimensions (B/H/T): 440/80/285mm

50 watts per channel at 4 ohms with 1% THD, gosh this is a LOW power approx 25 watt per channel at 8 ohms Integrated amp costing Euro 450 in Germany.

I reckon OP is looking for something much more beyond this

I wouldn't worry about the specs it would do just fine among the list of his choice of amps.

sorry to disagree with you Sir keeping in mind what OP said : " i need special kick from my amplifier "

that Czech amp is under-powered unless its driving a 93++ dB sensitivity speaker

Well sir if you go by just the specs, you may be right. But i've heard it with a few bookshelf speakers like paradigm, amphion's & it did just fine. Although we do not know what magnat speaker the OP has, am guessing it must be an entry level bookshelf, so it might just float his boat. His need for the kick in the bass is certainly confusing & if he means nice tight bass the amp will deliver it as per any in it's class.
Cheers

magnat Vector 205
Prinzip 2,5 Wege Bassreflex
Impedanz 4-8Ohm
Bestckung 2 x 170 mm Tieftner
25 mm Hochtner
Belastbarkeit RMS / max. 160 / 300 Watt
Abmessungen (BxHxT) 200 x 1000 x 330 mm

special kick means my CDs arent always well mastered, i need to make it up for it myself with my amplifier, lots of lows and highs, lively sound :)

These Magnats are approx 200 a pair. Your budget of $600, i.e. 450 is very fair.

If you are acceptable to buying something from the USED market, you will surely get an Integrated amplifier with much more bang for that money.

This amplifier is in Lithuania. Buying this & shipping to Czech Rep is very economical. This amplifier is head over shoulders from all the models you have listed.

Do consider it.

Arcam DiVA A85 Digital Integrated Audiophile Amplifier | eBay

well, i already have the speakers.... still have 600 for amplifier.
i must admit i am kinda afraid to buy an used amplifier.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back