And Now, A DAC from Asus

venkatcr

Just bumped into news about a DAC from Asus.

Specifications:
----------------------
Audio Performance
----------------------
Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Front-out) : 120 dB
Output THD+N at 1kHz (Front-out) : 0.000316 %(-110 dB)
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24bit/192KHz input) : 10 Hz to 48 KHz
Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage :
Balanced Output : 4 Vrms ( Vp-p)
Unbalanced Output : 2 Vrms ( Vp-p)
Headphone : 7 Vrms ( Vp-p)

--------------------
Bus Compatibility
--------------------
USB

---------
Chipset
---------
Audio Processor :C-Media CM6631 High-Definition Sound Processor

-------------------------------
Sample Rate and Resolution
-------------------------------
Analog Playback Sample Rate and Resolution : 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
S/PDIF Digital Input : 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
ASIO 2.0 Driver Support

----------
I/O Ports
----------
Analog Output Jack :
2 x 3.5mm RCA jack
1 x 6.3mm RCA jack
2 x Balanced Output (XLR)
2 x Digital S/PDIF Input : 1 x Coaxial, 1 x Toslink
1 x USB Input

-------------
Accessories
-------------
Driver CD x 1
6.3mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter x 1
Audio Precision (AP) test report x 1
User manual x 1
USB cable x 1
Power cord x 1

I love the way Asus shakes the market. With upscaling upto 352.8KHz, this guy will make all manufacturers wake up. The Essence One is to see for $500. Ouch!!

Links:

ASUS Launches Xonar Essence One with Headphone Amplifier
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Multimedia- ASUS Xonar Essence One
ASUS Launches Xonar Essence One with Headphone Amplifier
Asus Xonar Essence One review – english version - Sound News
ASUS Xonar Essence "One" Coming Soon - techPowerUp! Forums

Does any HFVer have any contact in Asus India? We should get a piece for review.

Cheers

I saw the product online through a link provided by FM Trittya about a month ago but found that it is not available in India. It is avl in Singapore though. However, its older cousin Xonar sound card has a superior SNR ratio of 124 dB. So just wondering; would that make the latter better?

From the reviews, the USB i/p is not usable, may be because of s/w issues. Best thing is that it has asynchronous USB i/p (24/192).

It seems asus tried to get out of the essence ST/STX main complaint about the lean bass. But it seems the bass is overwhelming / coloured bass at the price of details compared to others in the same bracket. Anyways it is far better than the ST/STX.

Last edited:
For 21K, its a bargain, atleast a challenge to dac magic / arcam / MF v-dac or dacs in the similar price bracket.

Last edited:
With the Xonar sound card STX for around 6/7 thousand, is the DAC for 20+K worth enough .?

Friend of mine had informed me about this asus one dac few days back.then contacted RP they said no demo pieces.so had to pay for it to hear its hyped qualities...

So you have a piece with you? Maybe one of us can use that for review.

Cheers

I saw the product online through a link provided by FM Trittya about a month ago but found that it is not available in India. It is avl in Singapore though. However, its older cousin Xonar sound card has a superior SNR ratio of 124 dB. So just wondering; would that make the latter better?

It has a better clock than the Xonar - if it can do 88.2 and multiples of 44.1khz then its better.

--G0bble

It has a better clock than the Xonar - if it can do 88.2 and multiples of 44.1khz then its better.

--G0bble

Actually the STX lacked a 44.1 equivalent clock and as a result sounds much better when resampling to multiples of 48kHz. This was rectified in the ST which featured dual clocks. I'm sure that this one which is much more expensive will have dual clocks for 44.1 and 48.

Any one knows where to buy the Xonar Essence One in India? Preferably online store that ships overseas. @21000 INR (420 USD) it is a great deal compared to 570 USD.

Any information is highly appreciated.

I hit this website while searching for DAC information and was pleasantly surprised by the expertise of the members and all the hifi activity in India.

Hi Ronkayes,
A company called "Rashi Peripherals" is the dealer for Asus soundcards in India. You can get their contact details from google, and find if they can help to serve your requirement.

Regds,

Thank you very much. I will give them a try.

Hi Ronkayes,
A company called "Rashi Peripherals" is the dealer for Asus soundcards in India. You can get their contact details from google, and find if they can help to serve your requirement.

Regds,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back