Audiolab MDAC + vs Luxman DA-250

I am currently using Audiolab M dac+. Nothing bad about it. Sound is recording/file dependent. Good files sound good and likewise. It is an easy sounding machine. I mostly play wav files.

As suggested by other FMs, understand your amp and speakers first. From my experience let the sound sink in. Takes quite a long time for me. Then figure out the change required.
I have used Luxman Class A amp in the past. Smooth sounding machines. Luxman source might just be an overkill

I am currently using Audiolab M dac+. Nothing bad about it. Sound is recording/file dependent. Good files sound good and likewise. It is an easy sounding machine. I mostly play wav files.

As suggested by other FMs, understand your amp and speakers first. From my experience let the sound sink in. Takes quite a long time for me. Then figure out the change required.
I have used Luxman Class A amp in the past. Smooth sounding machines. Luxman source might just be an overkill
Hi AVM

Thanks for your inputs. The problem with me is that I do not have any component to play my equipment. They are still not unboxed. I am looking for minimum a DAC to play something. Thats the only reason.

Pardon me if someone has already asked this before, but what made you drill down to these two dacs? I would recommend going through the below link and read some of the reviews that would give you atleast an idea as to what to expect from them. Also the dacs have been listed as per the divisions.. each division has comparable dacs which would have relative near similar performance at a given price point.

PS: link is from an archived save. The original and most upto date content of the index is now password protected by the content creator for a reasons unknown.

Also I know it does not help you with core question on two dacs.. just wanted to see if any thoughts were given to Chord Hugo2 paired with 2Go.

Based on this topic i thought i'd share via a guide for anyone else having a similar experience. so here goes...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back