Audiolab MDAC + vs Luxman DA-250

what rikhav means is that

a. first get the music going on your Luxman amp and Klipsch Fortes
b. Get them to sound correct with speaker positioning etc...
c. For this process you might not need an expensive dac
d. While you play music with the above 3 points in play - your mind will wander to what kind of sound you like in your room and WITH the amp and speakers

Then go fishing for the big one..

I guess thats what he is trying to say and his thoughts have some merit.

OTOH

if you find Luxman DA 250 too attractive - go for it !

I am quite sure a Luxman DAC wont be too bad at all

It just depends on the buyer and his way of thinking

There is no right or wrong here..

Just 2 different approaches.

Good luck and let us know what you went for !

regards
I am not against what Rikhav said that's totally sane advice.

I have asked the dealer to confirm the availability of 250, if it's not available anymore I am with you guys then I have no hurry at all I can wait and save money for some time.

Last edited:
Absolutely correct Mahesh Bhai
I exactly meant what you have conveyed

@Vivek Batra
It not about internal or external dac.
It's to know what is the sound of amp & speaker combo
Since you don't have any source I am suggesting an entry level CD player , buy say 5 CDs
Listen to it for burn in, experiment with different speaker positioning and then decide the dac.

All this because slight mismatch and klipsch tend to sound Bright.

There are plenty of Dac Streamer options in the market. Set a budget for your streamer Dac with a fixed deviation from the same.
It will be lot easier than to narrow down the product.

What is the distance between listening position and speakers ?

What is the distance between listening position and speakers ?
Around 8 to 9 feet max. The room size is 18x12 but rest is the open space. The listening area is a square with couches on 3 sides. I am planning to place the system on 18 feet wall.

Place the speaker on the 12 feet wall
I kept my last system like that but somehow it sounded better along th 18 feet wall. I'll share some old pics. If its on 18 feet wall than there is no open space behind the listening position. If its on the 12 feet side than there is around 5 to 6 feet of open space behind the listening position.

It’s good to have 5-6 feet behind listening position. Allows music to breathe. Also it’s better to have bass notes travelling a longer distance

It’s good to have 5-6 feet behind listening position. Allows music to breathe. Also it’s better to have bass notes travelling a longer distance
I'll definitely try this as first option. But as my favorite seat is along the 12 feet wall no matter I am listening or reading. Just my favorite place to sit

All on Spotify and some flac files on my computer. Earlier with my AVR, I was interfacing via HDMI.
Alright. Then start with the Yamaha or alike as suggested above.
Midpriced, The Cambridge CXN streamer dac is very good and has all the inputs and outputs required including balanced output.

Last edited:
This is the layout of my room. 2.PNG is when my last system was along the 12 feet wall. 18feet.jpg when it was along 18 feet wall.

Attachments

• Layout.PNG
    Layout.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    571.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 18Feet.jpg
    18Feet.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Alright. Then start with the Yamaha or alike as suggested above.
Midpriced, The Cambridge CXN streamer dac is very good and has all the inputs and outputs required including balanced output.
Yeah, The CA CXN V2 is close to 1 Lac. I am very afraid on loosing money on selling things now. I tried a lot to sell my last speakers and people quoted like dirt cheap prices even for couple of month old speakers. It was very hard to find a buyer in the first place.

What all you guys are said about starting with something inexpensive is very true and I am ready to even for next 6 months to take any decision with cool mind and by understanding things myself first.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back