Android box Amazon prime / hotstar issue

gauthamnaidu

So.. I recently bought a MX10 Android box with 4gb and 32gb and android 7.1.1 pre-installed from gearbest.. The main reason was previous Android box had 1gb/8gb.. Streaming amazon prime videos and watching hotstar was of prime requisite.. But I'm unable to do both..
In Amazon prime im able to browse through content and choose episodes.. But once the playing starts the app crashes.. Hotstar is stuck at the hotstar logo itself..

What all I have tried till now..
1. Change 4k to full HD in the android box assuming Amazon prime doesn't want me to stream content in 4k (or. Upscale content to 4k)
2. Change input hdmi ports..

3. Restarting all involved devices ( obviously)

4. Full factory reset of the android box..

No help in all those steps... Am I missing anything here?

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thanks a lot for reading
a30a22480a2e3a56ce7685b79d3dab54.jpg
49c973a811e6095c3a67c55d8553d4ee.jpg
db5971495326d50c8f56a58364ed32bc.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Primevideo will only play in SD quality on Android. So I had dropped this way of viewing long back and went to Fire TV stick. Android boxes will have problem. Hotstar will download the Android phone version in this box and would be slow. Try sideloading if possible. Even YouTube, you have to sideload using apk for YouTube for TV. Android boxes are a waste of money. Mine is collecting dust !

surprisingly youtube streams really good...and i play my offline collection without a glitch..infact its a pleasure to simply press the power button and start viewing rather than wait for my laptop to boot up all the way and shut it down again...i just need to figure it out ...i sideloaded the amazon prime app actually... because it wasnt available for my device..and hotstar was a download..im wondering how different are the mobile version vs android box version (if theres something like that)

surprisingly youtube streams really good...and i play my offline collection without a glitch..infact its a pleasure to simply press the power button and start viewing rather than wait for my laptop to boot up all the way and shut it down again...i just need to figure it out ...i sideloaded the amazon prime app actually... because it wasnt available for my device..and hotstar was a download..im wondering how different are the mobile version vs android box version (if theres something like that)

You've done pretty much everything to troubleshoot all the way to doing a full reset of your Android box, so there doesn't appear to be much left to try. Perhaps you can try Force Stopping the Prime Video app, clearing its' app. cache to see if it fixes the problem, else again Force Stop the Prime Video app, clear the Prime Video app data and logon again to Prime and try. Last option is to try with an older/different version of the Prime video app. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6et1bj/amazon_prime_on_a_mi_box/

You've done pretty much everything to troubleshoot all the way to doing a full reset of your Android box, so there doesn't appear to be much left to try. Perhaps you can try Force Stopping the Prime Video app, clearing its' app. cache to see if it fixes the problem, else again Force Stop the Prime Video app, clear the Prime Video app data and logon again to Prime and try. Last option is to try with an older/different version of the Prime video app. https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6et1bj/amazon_prime_on_a_mi_box/

thanks man..i was about to try that today..will update after trying!!

did try what u had mentioned...after i tried the memory/cache wipe i had a doubt..and pulled up an old android box where amazon prime and hotstar used to work flawless albeit slow( 1gb ram) now it doesnt work... im assuming its an app related issue... also..i tried opening amazon prime on the chrome app and requesting desktop site..no luck there too... any help guys?? im going bonkers...or id have to look for other sources to find videos and sit and analyze and download them..head ache!

Get a fire TVstick and be done with it. Amazon prime is very much concerned with copy protection and does not perform well on generic TV boxes or android.

did try what u had mentioned...after i tried the memory/cache wipe i had a doubt..and pulled up an old android box where amazon prime and hotstar used to work flawless albeit slow( 1gb ram) now it doesnt work... im assuming its an app related issue... also..i tried opening amazon prime on the chrome app and requesting desktop site..no luck there too... any help guys?? im going bonkers...or id have to look for other sources to find videos and sit and analyze and download them..head ache!

What version of the app do you have installed and what's the source of the apk that you side-loaded?

Amazon Prime is working fine with my Android box (MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS Amlogic S905X).

It was not installed through Play Store with a message that “device not supported”. However, installed through APK (from my phone) and it works fine.

Amazon Prime is working fine with my Android box (MECOOL M8S PRO PLUS Amlogic S905X).

It was not installed through Play Store with a message that “device not supported”. However, installed through APK (from my phone) and it works fine.
Could you tell me how to install from phone ?

Could you tell me how to install from phone ?

Install "App Backup & Restore" from play store in your phone. Then take backup of Amazon Prime app. Copy this backup app (.APK file) in a USB pen drive and install on your Android TV Box.

All the android boxes have issues with the compatibility and the licensing part. When ever they pan to have streaming service like amazon prime, Netflix, hotstar, the manufacturers need to pay some amount to use their service. So in-order to keep the cost down, they avoid these in the android boxes. even if you see, most of the android boxes have custom version of Kodi installed. Kodi will stop working if you upgrade it. same is with Netflix. you wont be able to watch anything in HD using Netflix from an Android box ( Chinese one especially). Even i was planning to get an android box and was doing a lot of research. When i understood all these complications and limitations, i decide to put some more money and to get Nvidia shield. everythihg works like a charm in shield. Netflix gives you 4k. Amazon gives you full HD 5.1. Kodi works flawlessly even when you throw 35gb video file at it.

So anyone planning to get an android box, just think more and plan to get an nvidia shield. its worth the money you pay for.

Better to buy amazon fire stick and use. Hot star app is subscription app. Android boxes are filled with bugs it may damage your receiver. Better to use amazon fire stick. I am using the same. No problem/ no crash. Have a nice day.vinayaka

Install "App Backup & Restore" from play store in your phone. Then take backup of Amazon Prime app. Copy this backup app (.APK file) in a USB pen drive and install on your Android TV Box.
I got my box today and i followed your instructions but app is crashing. Do i need to do anything else ?
R u getting surround effect with prime app ?

I installed nividia shield amazon prime app. Sometimes i am getting surround and sometimes stereo.

Any suggestions please ?

I installed nividia shield amazon prime app. Sometimes i am getting surround and sometimes stereo.

Any suggestions please ?

Doesn't the NVidia Shield come preinstalled with the amazpn prime app? Or did you have to download from the play store?

Better to use Hotstar on your phone and cast the video to the TV. For Primevideo, try using slightly older versions.

Primevideo will only play in SD quality on Android. So I had dropped this way of viewing long back and went to Fire TV stick. Android boxes will have problem. Hotstar will download the Android phone version in this box and would be slow. Try sideloading if possible. Even YouTube, you have to sideload using apk for YouTube for TV. Android boxes are a waste of money. Mine is collecting dust !
let me know if u wanna sell

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back