Android Box for True hd Atmos

Hi
I am using ASUS O'Play mini in my HT setup. It plays , and has audio passthrough function, for 1080p videos with Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD from external HDD.

My 2 cents

MECOOL KM2 Amlogic S905X2 Youtube Netflix 4K DDR4 2GB RAM 8GB eMMC ROM bluetooth 4.2 5G Wifi Android 10.0 4K HDR10+ TV Box HDMI 2.1 H.265 VP9 Decoder Dolby Widevine L1 OTT Box Google Certified. This is the best amongst all. I have done immense research on android tv boxes.​

Hi,
Does it pass through TRUEHD ATMOS?

When installed with coreELEC, this is quite capable..

This one is not available now ODROID C2 is available. Will RPI4 be better?

You may like to read and study more, refer below for download and installation guide.

Ok. So now i have these options
Droid N2+- AVAILABLE ON FABTOLAB
TOX1- available on AliExpress only Mecool KM2 -banggood, also with local vendor .
Which one of these should I go for?
Plz suggest.
I will be connecting them to X2400 .
Plz also suggest any additional things to consider eg. buying a SD card for OS.

Dear FMs,
I am looking at this Android Box for playing 4K True HD ATMOS movies (50-80GB) from external HDD. On paper this box looks competent.
Android Box. (HK1 RBOX from Bangood)
Should I go for it ? Will i face any issues with it? My AVR is Denon x2400 connected to Sony X9000H TV.
Is Bangood reliable?
Thanks in advance.
You can not find many options in india. Firetv stick is a option but you need a media server like plex to work or you can connect the storage device to usb port using a otg cable and use vlc for playing local media files. But the problem is with firetv stick is it does not support dts passthrough.

If you can find nvidia shield then that is the best option. It supports dolby formats and dts through passthrough.

And if your budget permits you then you can consider zidoo z9x which is specifically designed for HT setup.

Update- I purchased TOX1 from another FM. He had installed Coreelec OS. It passes True HD, DTS HD, ATMOS . I ran a few HD audio clips and difference is evident. It's response time is little slow and does not support OTT. For that i use my Sony X9000H.
For now I will use this setup.
Thanks to that FM and everyone here.

Hello everyone,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend. He's looking for an Android TV Box which can play lossless audio for BRrips (25-50 GB) files through Kodi. His max. budget is 5k-7K.
I also looked for some options for him (TOX3); but shipping from Chinese shopping sites to India is closed. So, is there any alternative in India within same budget?

Any idea about the new hybrid Android TV STBs from Airtel and Tata Binge in this respect?
They claim to support 4k and Atmos, but reportedly, pretty buggy and display quality is poor.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back