Any Experience with Torvin

bibin3210

Last weekend while visiting a sheet metal work shop, i came across an Indian audio brand called Torvin. The work shop owner said that they are manufacturing the enclosures for "Torvin" and it based in Chennai. If anybody has auditioned Torvin products, please share your experience.

Here is their URL:
Torvin - Products | Accessories

Thanks,
Bibin

Last edited:
Last weekend while visiting a sheet metal work shop, i came across an Indian audio brand called Torvin. The work shop owner said that they are manufacturing the enclosures for "Torvin" and it based in Chennai. If anybody has auditioned Torvin products, please share your experience.

Here is their URL:
Torvin - Products | Accessories

Thanks,
Bibin

some Torvin info in the forum are here....
http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/4663-what-about-torvin.html
http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/4993-torvin-service.html

Last edited:
Have heard the Torvin Amps(Tube) & Speakers, not bad but for some reason Mr. Thankachan is not interested in seriously marketing his products all over India.
Maybe he is happy with southern region only.

Bibin, if you are in chennai, do pay a visit to Mr. Thankachan's premises, he has a demo room with most of his products available for demo. Make sure to call up Torvin/Power Electronics & Technologies before paying them a visit.

Torvin - India
Power Electronics & Technologies
4, Seeyaliamman koil street
Mount Road, Chennai - 600 002
Tamil Nadu, India

Tel: 91-44-28587256, 28414304, 42034768
Fax: 91-44-28529914
Email: [email protected]

Mr. Thankachan is a nice soft spoken gentleman & has been in the business for 30 odd years. He also has a huge collection of vintage audio gears in his private collection(mini museum), some of the very best!

I had met Mr. Thankachan a couple of times and listened to his various creations as well as some of the amps from the huge repertoire that he has. I found him to be very knowledgeable and passionate about audio.

As VenkarCR had stated in one of the threads referred, they are good VFM products but cannot be categorised under 'hifi' category.

I agree with Capt. Rajesh. Though torvin amps cannot be included in hifi category, the speakers can be. My own system is torvin Tripole force-II coupled with wintage Technics SE A5 and Sony CDP XB920e. Very fine sounding speakers. I also listened Torvin's TP4, Euphonius. Listening Rascal flatt's "I'm movin on" on TP4 (Marantz cdp and amp) was a totally different experience. My place is Trichur, where the only torvin showroom in Kerala is , also Mr. Thankachan's original place. I'm one of his friends and had the oppurtunity to audition many of Torvin's devices and speakers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back