Any feedback on Aurica products ?

@tirthankar: I'm also interested in their acoustic products. Please update us when you receive yours.

I got these

I got them for treating the first reflection points in the side walls. But I will not be putting them up right now as I need to do some more work on my speaker positions. Only after I have finalized the position will I work on the room.

Received them yesterday. They look to be made of pretty good quality foam and are more or less well finished.

2h3zq7t.jpg

dh76lj.jpg

If I like how they work I may go on ordering more of these and also the larger ones for some treatments I have planned.

@Koushik: Sorry mate.. slipped my mind :eek:

I was thinking of getting the same too. 6 pieces per side would make a nice 2' x 3' (tall) panel to treat first reflections.

I'm thinking of building two aluminium frame/stands I can place on the floor, against the wall: Something like this:

I'm thinking of placing these against the side walls, one on each side. Since they are movable stands, I will be able to move them about if my listening position changes. Also, I won't have to nail anything onto the walls :)

@tirthankar, you're right about the stands having to be heavy. I didn't think of that. Maybe I'll think of those square-section MS Steel pipes or something. I'll need to pay a visit to the steel goods street in my city before I can decide, I guess.

I really don't want to spend more than 2k-2.5K on the stands, including plywood backing and painting. I think it should work within that, as I can do the painting myself. And the plywood should add some weight (but will make it a bit top heavy).

I ordered 12 of the 1' x 1' x 2" panels last week.

I've ditched the stand idea. I'm getting two 2' x 4.5' tall plywood panels cut, so I can paste 6 of the panels into a 2' x 3' (vertical) area per panel, 18" off the ground.

I'll just lean the panels closely onto the wall at the first reflection points. The panels should be heavy enough to not vibrate. This will work out cheaper than the stand idea, and it will be easier for me to do myself.

I plan to leave the panels naked (I'm not covering them with cloth). They will probably be a nightmare to clean, but let me see how well this works out. Hopefully it will be worth the hassle.

@tirthankar, how have you fixed the panels? I did a bit of reading and there seems to be an issue with certain kinds of glue eating the panels, or the panels just falling off the walls (when they are pasted onto the walls). 3M double-side tape also does not seem to work. I'm going to try using Fevicol SH.

I got delivery of the Aurica panels 8 days after I had ordered them. Pretty good on Bajaao.com's part, I must say. I bought two 2' x 4.5' 12mm plywood panels last week. I hadn't been able to start on the plan I had, till this sunday.

I painted the panels (was not really needed, as I plan to cover them up and "prettify" them in some way soon) yesterday, and got them ready. Today night, just a couple of hours back, I pasted the Aurica panels onto the plywood panels with Fevicol SH (very liberal application was needed to get them to stick properly), and got them ready for testing.

Here's how I've got them set up in the room now.

I'm not really sure if I've got them at the exact first reflection points right now, as I need another hand to help with a mirror (I'll get my Mom to help me tomorrow). I guess they're set up very close to the right position, though.

I've been cycling through my Patricia Barber albums (my imaging and staging references) and the Diana Krall "Live in Paris" LP, and I do feel the imaging and staging has improved quite a bit. But I'm not sure if that's the DIYer's placebo either, heh heh.

iaudio and Gijo George will most likely be visiting me next week, and I'll get them to see how things are too, before I conclude on whether the experiment is successful enough.

I'll get around to making the panels look pretty soon. I might leave them as is (except for the part without the foam in the bottom) too, because I do like their business-like look now.

Last edited:
Good work there Hydra, way to go!! Using the mirror trick should help plot the first reflection point. Ensure you plot first reflection points for both speakers on both sides.

Thanks, Santhosh! I'll get the positions on both sides right tonight.

I did quite a bit of listening yesterday night, and I'm fully convinced the work was worth the results :) :) I'll do the walls behind the speakers (the LHS one has a door behind it) and behind my listening position next, as soon as I can find the time and save up the money.

Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Aurica Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panel 6' x 3' x 2 - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India

This item is 6 Ft Length x 3 Ft Width of 2 inch thickness
Cost Rs 4800

They are also selling a similar thickness of 2 inch product where they say Dimensions:

600mm x 600mm x 70mm AND also
100cm x 50cm x 5cm

Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Aurica Basotect Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panel - 600mm x 600mm x 70mm - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equ

Cost Rs 4999 discounted (regular Rs 6499)

Both the above products were found to be "made in india" products whereby the factory making them sell for Rs 1700 a sheet. Sheet size is 78 inches Length x 38 inches Width x 2inches Thickness.

What a rip off ..

Could you mention the source of the sheets? PM will be fine. The more I listen with these panels in the setup, the more of a believer I am. I'll need more of these, that's why I'm asking. :)

Dear 2chFreak,
Please give us the factory / Dealer details who is selling at Rs:1700/-. I want to buy 4 of these for my home theatre.

Thanks in advance.

Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Aurica Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panel 6' x 3' x 2 - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equipment in India

This item is 6 Ft Length x 3 Ft Width of 2 inch thickness
Cost Rs 4800

They are also selling a similar thickness of 2 inch product where they say Dimensions:

600mm x 600mm x 70mm AND also
100cm x 50cm x 5cm

Buy Online | Lowest Price | Free Shipping| Aurica Basotect Pyramid Acoustic Foam Panel - 600mm x 600mm x 70mm - Buy online at the guaranteed lowest price in India - BAJAAO - Buy online and Review Musical Instruments, Pro Audio, Studio, P.A. Audio Equ

Cost Rs 4999 discounted (regular Rs 6499)

Both the above products were found to be "made in india" products whereby the factory making them sell for Rs 1700 a sheet. Sheet size is 78 inches Length x 38 inches Width x 2inches Thickness.

What a rip off ..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back